seeking honest views please

d95gas

Managed to grab myself some 370 rims which I totally love. I did have the Rays on the 350, with 25mm spacers on the rear, and 20mm on the front.

So yesterday/today I finally managed to get time to fit them, backs are totally spot on having removed the 25mm spacers.

Front, removed the 20mm spacers and torqued up the nuts, clearance on the Brembo's is probably about 1 - 1.5mm. So i tested fitted some 5mm spacers I had laying around, this gave me a decent clearance but wheel was now inside the arch.

So the questions are:

• Should I stop fannying about and just stick the 20mm spacers on and have done. Wheels are probaly just out of flush with the wing

OR

• Is it worth the time to get some, say 10mm hubcentric spacers and fit those.

Would like to know what others have done using the same wheels on the 350?

Thanks for reading

Cheers guys, just needed that little push :teeth: so 20mm it is.

Incidentally, do you know where I can get a set of appropriate locking wheel nuts for these wheels. Nissan want £80+ McGuard's listing are a little contradicting, and I dont think they look right.

I believe that the Nissan ones are made by McGard, the McGard part number being 21153SU. Halfords do them:

McGard Standard Locking Wheel Nuts 21153SU

Their photo is wrong though and there are cheaper places like Amazon:

21153SU Wheel Lock Nuts SU M12 x 1,25, flat seat, Overall length 15/35 mm, Hex size 21mm, Key diamter 27,7 mm

Thought about this last night, and I have come to the same conclusion as Dan. She spends most of her time locked away in the garage during the week, and weekends, never really goes anywhere near where the chav's hang out, and yes Dan you are correct.......not heard of wheels going missing, for donkeys years.

So am giving the locking wheel nuts a miss.

Thanks guys for digging out the links, much appreciated.

• Like 2

I'm not so sure LWN are a waste of money as long as they are correct for the wheels being used.

In my book it is the opportunists/druggies/kids who see unprotected wheels as easy money - remember what you paid for them (and the tyres) and what it would cost to replace. Yes, to a Pro or even someone with just a little knowledge of locking nuts are no obstacle but then they are likely to be after more valuable wheels anyway. IMHO of course.

Thanks guys, I shall bear everything in mind, but when I think about it in the cold light of day, its very very rare the zed is away from me, and not that I think about it, when I had the MR2 which had some very very desirable wheels on, I never had locks on them, but same situation, very rarely left my site.

Once again thanks