scorpion vs cobra

chrislich

Right i'm looking at one of these. Want pretty standard look without massive noise just something a bit different and grunt when its pushed.

I've tried to listen to clips on youtube but the only 1 of the scorpion and that sounds quite nice but just standing still.

when listening to the cobra and some points it sounds a bit 'tinny' and almost M3 sound, is that right or just video distorsion? I def don't want that sound. If anyone can shed any more light on the scorpion that would be good.

Also if there are rolled tips available for the Scorpion.

Ive have a scorpion box with berks hi flo cats combined with a stillen y pipe and finished of with vortech v3 supercharger. Sound is aggressive when it needs to be without pedestrians saying what the **** is that and it passes track rules on the decibel rating. Personally I like the scorpion, fitted now 4 years no problems at all.

The backbox and pipework on the Cobra dont look the best , the backbox just looks wrong under the bumper , the scorpions box looks better however the

tips let it down.

Scorpion wont even entertain offering Rolled tips

I had a Scorpion on the Zed when I bought it, added HFCs and it was a great blend of quiet when pootling and fun when hooning, some rasp. The cobra resonated I have now is a step up in terms of pootling volume, it's never really what I would call quiet, it's deep and rumblier and it alerts people to your arrival :teeth: Love it.

I didn't mind the jap slash tips on the scorpion one bit, but the rolled tips of the cobra look nice and meaty and sit nicely out from the bumper. I have a diffuser so can't comment on what the rear box itself looks like from behind.

• Like 2

Bought my Cobra (resonated) catback from Mitz, excellent service and advice, can't recommend strongly enough. Here it is with stock cats:

Cold Start

In cabin with a gentle push

Never heard a Scorpian but extremely happy with the Cobra for it's balance of deep hum, rasp-free and mental-yet-sophisticated-when-pushed tones! Was going to go for Buddy Club but was warned off it's ridiculous volume that gets quickly irritating.

Edited by Stan350Z
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...