New boot spoiler closing hatch - new dampers?

janz70

As the title says - fitted new ING rear spoiler but the OEM dampers on the rear hatch aren't up to the job and are allowing it to close, mostly when I'm reaching in so it looks like it trying to eat me :scare: - or sometimes it will bash me on the head just to annoy me :wacko:

So anybody know where I can get some uprated ones or can I tweak the OEM ones as it stays up for a while then falls closed, so it looks to be just slightly beyond their limit.

Many thanks, never spotted it when I was fitting the spoiler - Doh

Will give it go tomorrow - wife's kidnapped the car to go to work in

:scare: I would hide the keys!!!!!!! :surrender:

+1 Who wears the trousers in your house?

Amanda drives my Zed, shes actually better than most of my mates. She's even learning to heel-toe atm :thumbs:

Ok try removing the counter balance first if u like.. but i think thats a waste of time...i did that already and it wasnt enough.. if the boot is dropping then u probably need uprated dampers.. this topic has been covered 4 times in the last 2 weeks.. PM bigphil for ESR uprated dampers £100.. me and Pingu2 just fitted ours (as we both have nismo spoilers) and its the only solution. Bigphil usually gets them to u next day delivery so its quick too and about 15 mins fitting time. ;)