Best driving roads

Ebized

My memory is not good ( I turned 40 recently, remember ) but there are some cracking roads around the lakes that I know very well, but mostly cluttered with traffic unless you get out very early on a Sunday morning.

Nowadays, for pure unalderated fun you have to head for the Highlands. I aim to do it a couple of times a year and it's good for the soul, high cross country speeds on deserted roads for mile after mile, absolutely superb.

Us Scots have something to offer!

I like to drive from my house to Bachory, over to braemar and up to glenshee. It's not the best drive in the world but you can take it easy to enjoy it or hammer on. You get to wave at the queen too if she's up! :lol:

If I'm feeling adventurous I'll then go from glenshee to perth too! Lovely local road.

If I'm feeling adventurous I'll then go from glenshee to perth too! Lovely local road.

Yes - that's a good road. I've sometimes used it to avoid using the A9 - too many fixed cameras and PC Plod in white vans on there!

The other excellent drive is from Strathpeffer to Ullapool - some great stretches on it. :thumbs:

edit - that's 900 posts. Note to self - need to get out more. :blush: