Those that have SKY TV beware....HEADS UP!!

GIXXERUK

In the latest "SKYMAG" magazine (Dec 2007) There is a a small piece of paper inserted within the magazine which has a title on the top -

"IMPORTANT: NOTICE OF CHANGES TO HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION"

Basically I've attached a scan of the rear of the insert to read for yourself. This is "very" naughty in my opinion, however, if you ring the number shown and select option 5, then 5 again then option 1 I think it is, then you can opt out of this ludicrous underhand way of sharing your personal information. Putting the notice on an A5 piece of paper and including it as an insert is particularly crafty, particularly when most people either throw the magazine out or at the very least the inserts...

I think it's a premium number you have to ring as well, however, I did get through tonight within a minute or so, so not too bad. This is gathering momentum so god only knows how long it will take before your hanging on the phone for an hours at a time waiting to be put through.

:thumbs: Thanks for pointing out and I have now (hopefully) stopped details being passed on.

I have tended to bin the Sky magazine - just more junk mail but have been caught out by subscription changes that were included like this latest leaflet. :angry: The operator I spoke to said they would stop sending the magazine, but would now separately post subscription or other changes that affect me - lets ses if that works :dry:

cheeky sods! That is VERY underhand. On a similar topic, I have recently sold my house although it hasn't gone through and contracts have not been exchanged. I've had a flyer from the water company and also from Sky advising me what to do when I move house as far as their services go - coincidence or have they somehow found out?

got settled down for the evening last night and the phone rings - it says international on the display which I assume is my mum as she lives abroad. No its SKY calling from India trying to flog me insurance on my equipment for the FOURTH time! As soon as I started to say I wasn't interested she cut me off and the phone went dead! I was fuming, especially after reading this thread so I dug my magazine out and called the number - they must have been inundated because now one of the choices is press if you are phoning about the insert in your sky magazine about how we use your information! I gave them a right ear bashing! I deal in complaints as my job and have people putting the phone down on me at work I don't need it doing to me at home as well! :angry: Rant over!

got settled down for the evening last night and the phone rings - it says international on the display which I assume is my mum as she lives abroad. No its SKY calling from India trying to flog me insurance on my equipment for the FOURTH time! As soon as I started to say I wasn't interested she cut me off and the phone went dead! I was fuming, especially after reading this thread so I dug my magazine out and called the number - they must have been inundated because now one of the choices is press if you are phoning about the insert in your sky magazine about how we use your information! I gave them a right ear bashing! I deal in complaints as my job and have people putting the phone down on me at work I don't need it doing to me at home as well! :angry: Rant over!
Note to self, do not annoy Nixy.

BTW - i hope you are coming to the Xmas party on the 15th, be good to meet you :thumbs: