just say your favourite tyre choice!!

shire350Z

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking like its the the T1-R's then just wondered if any1 had, had much experince with the new toyo proxes 4?? had teh T1-S on my type R amd loved them !!! just dearnt push the Z to much espeically in teh wet wi standard tyres on!!!

one other thing can i go larger than 245 on teh back and 225 on the front with the factory rays???

looking like its the the T1-R's then just wondered if any1 had, had much experince with the new toyo proxes 4?? had teh T1-S on my type R amd loved them !!! just dearnt push the Z to much espeically in teh wet wi standard tyres on!!!

one other thing can i go larger than 245 on teh back and 225 on the front with the factory rays???

I swear I read you can go 255 on the rear on the rays but dont hold me to it Im bound to be stoned by someone in a sec :blush:

I very nearly went with the proxes 4. there pretty new so theres not much feedback about them. Saying that though everything ive heard has been positive so far. Looks like Toyo are heading in the right direction.

Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT

Exceptional wet, dry, and even on ice. Corners in excess of 1 lateral G and will run all day at 185 mph. They will make both a 350Z and a 300ZX completely new cars if you like to go fast around corners. I've driven on all the other high performance tires and haven't found any in the same league as the KDWs.

Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT

Exceptional wet, dry, and even on ice. Corners in excess of 1 lateral G and will run all day at 185 mph. They will make both a 350Z and a 300ZX completely new cars if you like to go fast around corners. I've driven on all the other high performance tires and haven't found any in the same league as the KDWs.

I'm not sure if these are available in the UK. I certainly haven't seen them.

Anyway what do you Texans know about driving on ice. You don't get proper winters :p

Anyway what do you Texans know about driving on ice. You don't get proper winters :p
January '07 - 2-day ice storm and hardly anything was moving except me and my '03 350. All the way to and from work with nary a slip or slide (VDC on as well).

But then I know how to drive on ice. I grew up in the frozen northland, and drove for years in all sorts of foul weather. :D:D:D

I'm not sure if these are available in the UK. I certainly haven't seen them.
Look and see if Michelin came up with something very similar. Since Michelin bought Goodrich, there may be some shared technology going on that Michelin "borrowed" from Goodrich. Pilot Cups may be close, but don't have the aggressive tread design of KDW NTs.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overview ... dw/22.html

The only high performance tire Goodrich sells in the UK is the g-Force Profiler, but it's quite a different tire. Still available with Y rating though (Autobahn high-speed tire).

http://www.bfgoodrich.co.uk/bfguk/front ... L1〈=EN

Looked at that website withthe photos.. and found the uk distributors only to phone them up and they said they dont deal with them. :wacko:
You should be able to special order them in the size you need. I always have to special order mine since no one really stocks them.

but what money u talking to get them to the UK? and are they that much better than the proxes T1-R
Your Goodrich distributor should be able to give you a price based on the size you want. Do y'all have a place in the UK like Discount Tire in the US? They can pick up about any tire you want below MSRP.

Check these folks out -- they say they can supply you with Goodrich tyres and they have several stores scattered around.

http://www.dattyres.co.uk/