Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Haha that was with the afterburners on too
  2. Went for a little drive tonight & found some new roads for the next Kent/Sussex run, also took a quick video on my mates phone as I wanted to see what the car sounded like from outside, unfortunately it had just started raining & for those that may have driven the road it`s on the Appledore ring in the really tight concession of chicanes, the video is poor but the sound is
  3. Got mine in the garage, hoping to get them fitted tomorrow & see how they handle
  4. With the power upgrade what sort of delivery is that going to produce, reason being is a friend of mine had a 996 GT2 Clubsport with a 540 upgrade & I know it was only RWD with no TC but when I drove it I found that it was a real job to get the power down below 130mph, there was plenty of torque low down but as soon as you hit 3.5k & the turbos spooled it went mental & by the time I sensed a hint of slip & reacted to it there was a cloud of smoke behind me & I was slewing down the road with my balls in my mouth. An awesome machine in a straight line but realistically not possible to drive quickly on the twisties. I have also driven a stock 997 turbo which is far more civilised & safe. It was far more drivable but not sure if the remap would ruin the drivability of it.
  5. Definately with Chris here, say for example your front was toeing out 0-5mins before, adding the spacers, increases the width of the axle in a sense so although it won`t increase the amount of toe, it will make the car more sensitive to it. I personally run a little toe in front & rear.
  6. I`ve moved mine up & down so many times I don`t know what stock height is now. I just know that from the ground to the top of the wheel arch for road driving 605mm is good. Gives the car a good stance & I can get over most sleeping coppers
  7. Well with any luck your Dad will pay for it to
  8. Thats going in my signature
  9. The Romanian stuff put me to sleep 2013, we need to get organised, Doesn't have to be Romanian to put you to sleep Please no more pictures
  10. The Romanian stuff put me to sleep 2013, we need to get organised,
  11. & I drive a Nissan Leaf
  12. Me 2, I have a shotgun now so need to be mentally stable I`ve been off the smokes since March (with the odd exception being at the zed shed & another time after too much to drink) I`ve been using V2cigs.co.uk. Although a replacement they are very affective & I`m slowly decreasing the strength each month. Couldn`t bare the thought of going T total straight away
  13. They do look good, Your mods will certainly help alot with the handling. Are you going to run the car much lower? My wheels are all ready for tyres now, spent the last few hours flatting some light orange peel & polishing. Hopefully I`ll get the tyres fitted on Saturday when I take my tired van for it`s MOT
  14. I`m not mentioning any names, besides it could only be posted in the greenroom
  15. HaHa I wasn`t referring to this one, I don`t even remember it for some reason I was referring to the video camera found outside the pub with the empty bottles of Jager
  16. At that time in the early hours of the morning pi$$ed as newts, do you think anyone would be capable of holding a camera. Lee, Matt and Chris certainly wouldn't have produced a Spielberg bot of filming the condition olthey were in! Now this is not strictly true I little birdy told me that there may have been a few video recordings made in the early hours of that morning
  17. Have gone for the Michelin pilot super sports Cant wait to get the car back on 18`s How are you getting on with the Yoko`s?
  18. Nice video Chris, that black one sounded nice an audio track for Tarmac Sportz On talks of Wales 2013, we need to get a few of us together soon to start organising. I`ll hopefully be putting together some PM`s for those who are likely to be called upon ( you know who you are )
  19. Nice results Chris, looks like I could have a busy winter ahead of me
  20. It`s the same one, it`s had a very hard life, new screens every other week, new speakers, rear cases, mic`s, but now it`s finally given up, won`t charge for more than 15mins at a time, only holds signal for about 3minutes, & won`t sync with Itunes. It`s going in the clay trap tomorrow night for a final farewell I`ll try & get a video
  21. Quick update: With 2sets of knackered tyres I have decided to take the Nismo`s off & go back to the Rays. In my opinion the car handles & drives far better on the 18" wheels so I had the worn tyres removed from them last week & spent a fair few hours on them in the evenings stripping the original paint off, rubbing out a few imperfections & re-painting. Finally got the top coat on tonight & there now on a low bake, hoping to get the new tyres on for the weekend providing the lacquer has hardened enough. Pics to follow as I have a camera in for repair & No i-phone after a little accident
  22. £65 for a pair (from Hong kong) MWtech sell 4 for £90 & they are already in the UK
  23. Is that not just one of the dowel pins to help with alignment when re-fitting?
  24. PM replied Always have my head in something
  25. Sorry, I didn`t realise, probably one I read whilst @ work & forgot to reply to, was it an email or PM?
×
×
  • Create New...