Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. This is very interesting, was talking to a mate in the pub who has Q and BT and he was saying that the Sky engineer he called out was really suffering trying to make it work together, I was asking how as it cant be that complicated .......... seems I was wrong
  2. You see the bit where I say "personal experience"? That was around 1500km in 2 M135i's and 2500km in the Golf across Austria, Germany, France regularly hitting the limiter on the Autobahns, driving slowly is an alien concept to me Fair play, most miles were outside of town but I was amazed with both figures, seriously impressive. Cant speak for the other but I wouldnt be surprised. TT - not enough seats, Legnum is a shout though.
  3. From experience I know x35 BMW's can see 40+ mpg, so do Golf GTis. Focus RS is near 40, 981 Caymans are 30+ and 718's are supposed to be close to 40mpg.
  4. All I can say is theres no point in having toys that you cant/wont play with Ive come into some money recently and naturally decided to spend it on a new car. Except there isnt anything that Id really want - I test drove an S/C 370Z and while I liked it there was no way Id use it over my 135i, or even the MR2 for that matter, and while I like Range Rovers Ive got a better milemuncher already. Id really like a Cayman but again, the 135i covers that area nicely, if you have to decide which car youre taking to Nurburgring then you can probably sell one of them. Sadly I have to agree with Dan, sell the 370 and stop the depreciation and it will make it a lot easier to buy its replacement when it reveals itself to you
  5. docwra

    Drift button?

    Clutch kick is the one everyone learns first as its the easiest, but shift lock and lift off are actually better for keeping the cars balance, they just take more speed/confidence to pull off. Flicks with power over is probably the best as you keep momentum up but you need even more speed and space and its not the easiest to practice. Too many people rely on the handbrake for entry, regardless of anything else its a brake so is slowing the car down, why would you want to slow down?
  6. Youve never driven a V10 Phaeton or Toureg I see ......... Lacking in performance and to a lesser extent comfort, TBH you could make a similar argument about most high spec Euroboxes these days - they are bloody good allrounders but the best .......... I dont think so.
  7. docwra

    Drift button?

    TBH theres not much you need to to do, they are pretty good straight out of the box. Dont get carried away with arms and diffs and drift buttons, a 350 with a decent seat and maybe some lock mods is more than enough for a beginner. Add coilovers and youve got something you could win competitions in. And FWIW you dont need a handbrake to drift properly anyway, youre much better off learning to do it with power and weight.
  8. I think youve got to look at it from the average persons point of view - you might live up a 3 mile long farm track and have 5 kids but most people dont ......... Allround for me is (in no particular order): Performance, value, practicality, reliability, safety, comfort. Stews 997T ticks some of these boxes but its not practical (nothing with less then 4 seats is) and its a bit pricey for the average man on the street, a Tesla is no good if you want to travel any kind of distance. Macans are expensive and juicy and not actually any bigger insidethan a standard saloon and a Lamborghini cannot be the best all rounder in the world by definition - its a Lambo Used to say 4 door E46 M3, would probably go with a 335i/335D estate these days, maybe a Golf GTI, they do pretty much everything well and some things extremely well.
  9. Feel free to ask mods to delete .......... but people wont pay for the time and love youve put into it, they will just pay what they think an 04 DE with 85K miles is worth. And its unlikely that will be £6500, I know a guy who picked up a slightly tatty 05 with 89K for less than £3K a couple of weeks back.
×
×
  • Create New...