Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Thought we had already agreed the answer was to drive them both and see which one you prefer? Could have ended this thread 4 pages ago
  2. Maybe a RR day at SRR?
  3. Maybe a RR day at SRR?
  4. Yeah a good idea is to go upto the damp proofing or one breeze block
  5. Yeah a good idea is to go upto the damp proofing or one breeze block
  6. I dont think it actually weights that much. Mr Lizzard and djtimo have both removed them IIRC.
  7. I dont think it actually weights that much. Mr Lizzard and djtimo have both removed them IIRC.
  8. Yeah I'm sure it will, but the specs I saw for it were the 1hr@1m of water, not sure how they can tell how deep you've had something and for how long? I can see them just refusing to honour it. Will be better if OEMs start using it, I think you could trust them to honour the warranty better. I think its really just to splash proof things like phones and tablets to they dont die if you drop them in the sink/puddle/toilet/etc
  9. Yeah I'm sure it will, but the specs I saw for it were the 1hr@1m of water, not sure how they can tell how deep you've had something and for how long? I can see them just refusing to honour it. Will be better if OEMs start using it, I think you could trust them to honour the warranty better. I think its really just to splash proof things like phones and tablets to they dont die if you drop them in the sink/puddle/toilet/etc
  10. Its a nano-coating they soak the phone in, so all surfaces of it are covered. So the phone itself is not sealed, but everything making up the phone is. So they can dunk it in water and its happy as larry, but not convinced I'd be wanting to test it out!
  11. Its a nano-coating they soak the phone in, so all surfaces of it are covered. So the phone itself is not sealed, but everything making up the phone is. So they can dunk it in water and its happy as larry, but not convinced I'd be wanting to test it out!
  12. Looks like the stuff they are showcasing at CES atm. Its a nano coating, which is water-resistant as Rich points out. I think they showed that products treated with it (inside and out) can be put into 1m of water for upto 1hr and not be damaged. Not sure how long it would take for the coating to wear off though
  13. Looks like the stuff they are showcasing at CES atm. Its a nano coating, which is water-resistant as Rich points out. I think they showed that products treated with it (inside and out) can be put into 1m of water for upto 1hr and not be damaged. Not sure how long it would take for the coating to wear off though
  14. Good to hear, would have been a fairly school boy mistake if they hadnt! Looking forward to the finished pics
  15. Good to hear, would have been a fairly school boy mistake if they hadnt! Looking forward to the finished pics
  16. Sorry misread what you were saying. Yes it is the poor clutch too. I get the impression that quite a few bits of the Zed are built for the power/torque it has with no overhead. So if you dont drive it properly you can quickly wear things out
  17. Sorry misread what you were saying. Yes it is the poor clutch too. I get the impression that quite a few bits of the Zed are built for the power/torque it has with no overhead. So if you dont drive it properly you can quickly wear things out
  18. you can eat a clutch through poor clutch control and riding the bite too much as well. Yes but poor clutch control with sod all torque and it wont really eat it, just overheat it - look at granny mobiles. To really eat it you need torque (thus power) and poor clutch control - and in the S2k the power doesnt come in until high revs due to the low torque so you'll find you can ride them more and do less damage
  19. you can eat a clutch through poor clutch control and riding the bite too much as well. Yes but poor clutch control with sod all torque and it wont really eat it, just overheat it - look at granny mobiles. To really eat it you need torque (thus power) and poor clutch control - and in the S2k the power doesnt come in until high revs due to the low torque so you'll find you can ride them more and do less damage
  20. Pfff, only double? Mine went up over 10x with BT from 3.5MB/s to 40MB/s. OK so not outright quicker, but better upgrade
  21. Pfff, only double? Mine went up over 10x with BT from 3.5MB/s to 40MB/s. OK so not outright quicker, but better upgrade
  22. You'll find the S2k doesnt eat cluches as to eat a clutch you need some torque. S2k will have next to no low down torque where as the Zed does, so it transmits less power on takeoff than the Zed through the transmission
  23. You'll find the S2k doesnt eat cluches as to eat a clutch you need some torque. S2k will have next to no low down torque where as the Zed does, so it transmits less power on takeoff than the Zed through the transmission
  24. Looks like a nice build there I assume the dynamatted the inner and outer door skins? Couldnt see from the pics.
  25. Looks like a nice build there I assume the dynamatted the inner and outer door skins? Couldnt see from the pics.
×
×
  • Create New...