Jump to content

Sarnie

Members
  • Posts

    23,618
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sarnie

  1. +1
  2. Really? I've had an E46 M3 and an Alfa GT, all with three doors and coped just fine and my son is now two and a half
  3. +1 but it's form that gets you into the showroom You know when your hooked on a car when you make ridiculous allowances for it's shortfalls. Take Chris' LP640 example: Stupidly low mpg, emotional response to yourself/your Mrs: I'll scour a 25 mile square radius to buy Super unleaded 1p cheaper than the local garage to make it 'affordable' Only two seats; I'll buy a 15 year old shed to ferry my most prize possessions (my family) around in. Whilst the lambo sits there unused. It's too low to get over local speedbumps; I'll carry planks of wood in the boot or I'll drive 20miles around the long way to avoid them. It's too loud for the neighbours; I'll buy us a new house in the country. You'll use up our life savings on a car; It's only money, I'll earn some more. Servicing costs are expensive; I'll drive 200 miles to an independant to save £50. You get the idea I know that if I had a problem with the GTR that was going to cost me a few grand to rectify, I'd all out of love with it instantly and sell up. If the same happened with a car I was really in love with, I'd forgive it anything
  4. What your talking about is emotion, which can't be measured or reasoned with. I REALLY like the GTR, but I just can't find a way to LOVE it.......... I've wrestled with buying a GTR for about three years, but I've never even gone to look at one because there is no uncontrollable emotion driving me to do so. Just a fast four seater that I could get the green light from the Mrs for, just because a pram would fit in the boot......if she said go buy a Gallardo again, it would be on the drive by the weekend
  5. Sarnie

    350z HR Wanted

    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
  6. Mate it was hilarious.......I was trying to be diplomatic but Sarnie just waded in with his size 12's and said 'come on admit it.....you've already bought it haven't you'. It was covered in snow, massive dents all over it, bits and bobs not working, all the wheels kerbed and a ruck of other stuff I can't remember......this guy was getting proper annoyed and told us to 'keep our comments to ourselves' He bought the car, his username was/is chrisgunton or something similar. Do a search and you will see that he has posted threads about bits broken on his zed every other day...... Edit: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=50357 viewtopic.php?f=64&t=49712 viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48732 viewtopic.php?f=53&t=48602 viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48567 viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48143 viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48093 viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47636
  7. I assume that I'm not alone in wanting a GTR now?
  8. This has been for sale for aaaaaages. Awesome wheels though
  9. Kev946? Val? Where are the w@nker smilies?
  10. For circa £5k, I'm tempted myself..... for a MY06, CAT D or not, it's a great price imo.......would be a great car for someone who was going to heavily mod a car.....
×
×
  • Create New...