Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. The 2.4 is the better engine, 1.9 is good, but according to HJ the 2.4 is a more solid option
  2. Petrol and diesel technology is not far off peaking, its a dieing technology, hybrid and alternative fuel tech is where its going.
  3. That was my first choice, but as my wife has the family car at the mo it was all I needed, but she's sing at Xmas to a small car and I'm getting the family wagon and the Alfa estate is too small boot wise. Wife current boot is around 560 litres. Alfa is about 410. So I'm tempted by the 530d from BMW has 500 litres good performance and mpg. Or I might go down the xc90 or toureg road. But the mpg plummets on them. Trying to avoid the V70 route.
  4. I'm looking at them as well at the moment, but may need something bigger. Honest John website best info in their car review section. Gives all things to look for. But short version is: go for the 2.4 diesel, as its better, les issues etc. Check sub frame for rust, if it has it or caught early £100 job to have it sealed. Check Campbell is changed on time. Dpf can block but that's a standard diesel issue if its a short journey only car. But reliability is good, the 159 has made big changes. If you want to see unreliable go check out some of the german marques on honest John.
  5. The Alfa 159 2.4 diesel sounds quite good, and my mate races a 120d which has been stripped out and tweaked and that sounds good, it also spanks lots of faster cars round Woodbridge track. But that's partly due to the driver being a pro.
  6. Weigh it and then go to parcel2go with your postcode and where you want to send it and it will give you a price. don't forget to allow for packaging weight
  7. I love how people have condemned the job before he's even done it. I worked out of my garage doing this and as far as I'm aware the results were more than acceptable.
  8. The zed clubs very own bad boy yardy!

×
×
  • Create New...