Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. The Alfa or the Lada...... It won't be happening I'm afraid in a Lada.
  2. LA LA LA LA LADA NIVA COSSACK? Did you hear anything Irfan?? GRUNDY!!
  3. LA LA LA LA LA - can't hear a thing!! Did you hear anything Irfan??
  4. I've spotted only a few fellow members on the forum. I've given up waving, flashing or anything of this kind. I just don't see that many Zeds, if I do it's the ones that are not enthusiasts.
  5. Sorry, get one, I will we can share issues, if any? For a car that will be 7 years old there's to be expected issues. Hopefully nothing major, but like any car open minded expectations of things to fix. No car is bullet proof?
  6. But I'm not seeing long lists of bad reviews, along with pretty detailed buyers guide for known issues. Nothing more issues than a Zed that I can see. Engine fail in the Zed, wrong fuel. Window motors, Clicky Axle, Lower Compression Arm bushes, Exhaust among a number of other smaller issues. Gonna try and see what happens. I couldn't do a Civic sorry, I'd feel deprived in my life. I was looking at the c270d merc. But then thought about parts. The Alfa is hitting a certain need for my requirements. Good looking, sporty(ish) nice interior etc. I can attention all of the suspect parts on purchase and get bushes sorted which is a known issue with the front wheels eating tyres. All cars have changed..... I don't think Alfa are as bad as they were.
  7. Colin it's a Honda...... I'm not aged over 60 (yet). Also they're a bit Ford Focus for me, too many on the road. I'd still like to retain "some" dignity from using a daily chugger. @ Dan - Oh dear...... not good. Been reading the 2.4 is a little more reliable, the one I'll be placing my interest in.
  8. Just been reading up on the UK Alfa forum, especially with the "New Buyer Guide". Interesting that there's not a wealth of moaning, or huge list of issues. In fact I'd say there's less issues than the Zed, which are likely to cause issue. Every car has issues, and so far I'm not seeing a red flag.......
  9. I'll be doing 160 miles a day. So it needs to be reasonably economical. I liked the Brera when it first came out, but just feel the back end is a bit of a mess.
  10. Agreed yes Ti wheels looks nice exposing the 4 pot Alfa brakes
  11. Hate beemers! I don't want to be brushed with their poor driving skills! I daily have a Beemer up my arse thinking he's better than everyone else on the road. Undercutting, tapping brakes every second and generally don't give a @*!# about other road users. I'd rather stick a cone on my head and ride a penny farthing to work. Okay any more suggestions - apart from Grundys contributions
  12. The Mrs has a Juke, nice but not great on fuel. Also don't want to spend more than 5k
  13. Don't worry project C6 isn't going anywhere but now that I've relocated I'm now going to be doing a lot of motorway miles. Always wanted to own an Alfa and the 159 2.4 Diesel is catching my eye. Yes I know if the historic problems of the Alfa but reading current reviews on Autotrader the issues are very minimal. Costs are high for parts, consumption isn't the greatest. Give me reasons from experience if possible to help me take the plunge. In looking at cars which are around 2007 60-80k miles. Discuss and recommend
  14. Thanks The Z is made by Tommy Kaira and are rare as rocking horse poo on Mars. They aren't cheap either being that they're so rare. I've got two, one was from the UK and the other from America.
  15. I've just posted on FB for Karrah too. CONGRATULATIONS that's a dangerous certificate in her posession. I think Karrah should pick the Silver Demon for a test drive
  16. Happy Birthday Mark
  17. I dynamat'ed my zed for Audio and Exhaust purposes. Yes makes a noticeable improvement and makes the car feel more grown up. I used Dynamat only because I also didn't want to spend less money on something that wasn't as good. Yeah there's others but I just went with the history Dynamat. Doing the full Audio thing isn't easy especially wiring the door speakers up. If that be the case you're not using the BOSE wiring. See my build here....... http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/48567-my-350z-from-the-beginning-more-audio/page__st__500
  18. He's dead right though, and the reason we all love the Zed. He never mentioned anything about the brakes which you expect any normal reviewer to cover. He would have creamed his pants I'm sure Have to say his excitement brings back the days of when I fist drove a Zed.
  19. Cool cos I used to love my Tarmac cup till It fell off the drainer. Only got my Stig mug left now. Get some more done.......
  20. I must have a full case worth of Kudos points now. Can you spend them the same as Airmiles?? Have to say a nice quality T mate. I need a new cup if you've got one going!
  21. Received cheers Chris. Work of art, looks spot on.
  22. Also I've now bought a model 350z which is next on the cufflink list
×
×
  • Create New...