Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Ace! I could do with taking that to work. It'd be such a laugh scaring the crap out of people!
  2. More investigating work to be done then. Cheers Alex for the heads up great read of that website. Time to have a dig through to see what I can find. This could get expensive!!
  3. Alex - are there such days which aren't public? Are we not the public? I'm no racing driver or track go'er so I'd look a tad incompetent in comparison to some, if it was a non public day? The insurance I've found covers you for the track only and not personal liability which is about £250 although worth it if you fancy rearranging the barriers and so on. Andlid, what are the chances of you making it also?
  4. Very helpful Sounds like there might be a collection of Zeds all on one level Shame you can't make it....
  5. Wasso

    MY11 GTR

    Nah you got it wrong, XE.com says it's £122,528.35... so that's £123k if you round it correctly. quote] Google says £122,282.61 so rounded down as you should back at ya!
  6. Ships sail every 2 hours from Dover, not every hour. Crossing time is approx 2 hours. And if your Zed is lowered, please make sure you declare it at the DFDS Seaways check-in booth. Otherwise you may have to go up onto Deck 5, and your bumper/exhaust may not make it in one piece. If you declare it, then they will load you on Deck 4 which doesnt involve a ship-board ramp. (I worked on one of these boats for the past year ) Thank you Lexx for spotting the deliberate mistake - agreed every 2 hours (Dover to Dunkerque. I wasn't aware that you could request specific ramps to board... worth noting. Thanks for your comments.... You coming then?
  7. Any rear wheel drive car is a nightmare, take that into account alongside the tyre width, and you're looking at slippy times!! I remember being sat at a set of traffic lights - the road was flat with no camber and I went to drive forward to leave the traffic lights. Lets just say it took 3 light changes to actually cross the junction!! I find the power delivery is very hard to control in the snow with no real weight over the rear wheels you're asking for slippage!!
  8. Wasso

    MY11 GTR

    Did I calculate this right..... the GTR Spec V is £122k
  9. Okay, although I think we need an agreed date first? Lets keep this thread alive for a week or so and then post a list of those who are 100% agreed to make the event! Costs would I guess be anywhere between £700 - £1000 depending on group size, and how much drink is consumed eh Greekman, and if Darren's game then he's going to need a further £500 just for wine
  10. I'm swaying between Harwich and the Eurotunnel personally. Nice and relaxing on the boat, and simple once you reach Holland. Although, the Eurotunnel is cheaper and probably one of the most preferred routes for those in the south. I guess it depends on who is located where.... if there are a number of Midlands/East Anglia drivers then it will be more interesting to take the Harwich option, although if the popularity is the South then the Eurotunnel. Maastricht is a good idea - a good middle of the road location point. If I remember rightly the Friday session is longer than Mon-Thu so there's plenty of time to let brakes cool down. I was only doing 1 lap at a time only because my brakes sounded like Coco Pops (Snap, Crackle and Pop!!!) I could hear the elements of my brakes contracting after all the heat being generated!! After my first lap there was smoke rising from my callipers!! (Purely my fault though for being over cautious on the track). I think for those who would seriously give the car some pace would def require a set of additional pads (just in case!!). Tyres, hmmmm don't really want to purchase a set of tyres!! Maybe I don't drive the car hard enough Agreed buying the laps would probably be best suited to "on the day" due to the weather, although I know for sure I will make another visit end of the summer - so if there are any unused laps I can always redeem them later
  11. Good to hear we are getting some initial interest. I'd like to get this booked up by the end of November (December latest) if we can. That way we have some serious commitment and secure the best rates for travel. I like your thinking on the location Greekman - I agree there's not a great deal to do at the Ring. Adenau is also fairly limited. Koblenz is a good idea, some night life and a choice of restaurants and bars would be far more suitable. If the non driving ladies are attending it leaves them the option of shopping or whatever women do when they go out I'm also very sure the Hull to Rotterdam boat is more entertaining, but i'm not driving all that way just to get sloshed now Greekman The only issue with the longer ferries is the cost, and the amount of time it takes to travel. Although on a plus note, it does cut out a major leg of the journey to be positioned in Holland after a few drinks and a sleep I'm thinking it would be superb if possible, to all meet in Holland before the drive south to Germany, although those driving from Calais it would be pointless to head north and then south. So I can see two convoy's heading to the Ring once we're in Europe. I shall start the search for accommodation in Koblenz. Are there any further comments on the length of the trip, is it potentially too long? Especially those who don't want to use up too much holiday? I will also try and gauge some petrol costs, once we've landed in Europe and then all that is needed is to add Ring petrol and the journey from home to the port in the UK? Below are the prices for the Nurburgring. 1 lap: € 22 4 laps: € 75 8 laps: € 145 15 laps: € 250 25 laps: € 390 Annual ticket: € 1.075 This may appear expensive, but then what you're actually getting for your money is fairly good value. Especially when it comes down to the amount of manpower required to allow us to race a circuit which is legendary in the world, and at 20.8km you're getting a fair amount of track More comments questions and ideas welcome.....
  12. That would be even better - keep your eye on this thread. More the merrier I say....
  13. Honeymoon at the ring, you couldn't ask for more surely. Even the car gets to spend some quality time with you and your partner If the dates don't suit suggest an alternative if you can and we can build a list of other potential dates. Once a date has been confirmed it would be advisable to book the ferry/train etc as prices like to go up.
  14. There has been talk on the forum to schedule an event at the Nurburgring in Germany. It would be great to include as many people in the UK, Ireland or even those already based in Europe to have a European gathering. I have only just lost my virginity at the ring (you know what I mean ) and thoroughly enjoyed the track and the whole experience, not only that but the buzz of waiting for the track to open and the smell of petrol fueled cars waiting to enter the track was exilirating. This event will be tailored not only for those with track experience, but for those who want a great weekend away, cruising through Europe and taking a leisurely few laps round the Nurburgring. The prices I have initially obtained concentrate on crossing the water, where the dates have only been used as a guide for prices. Again, the dates, times and locations are all negotiable, I guess depending how much interest is given to this event. I've opted to pick a Thursday to Monday on the basis a couple of days can be used for the track, a potential day of rest to look around the local or distant areas, and depending on what major events occur at the track, we could potentially watch an endurance race or something of that kind (events not yet listed for 2011). This is NOT going to be just car focused and for those wanting to bring their other half should do, as places such as Bonn, Koblenz, Trier and Frankfurt are within easy reach of the Nurburgring. So lets introduce some prices, where I've sourced 5 options from the UK for starters, all returning on Monday 11th April. Route - Hull to Rotterdam Leave Wed 6th April 21:00 Arrive Thu 7th April 08:15 Cost £238 (This includes a 2 berth cabin on both outward and return journeys) Route - Harwich to Hook of Holland Leave Wed 6th April 23:45 Arrive Thu 7th April 07:45 Cost £183 (This includes a 2 berth cabin on the outward journey only) Route - Dover to Dunkerque Leave Thu 7th April 10:00 Arrive Thu 7th April 13:00 Cost £58 (Various travel times every two hours) Route - Dover to Calais (P&O Ferries) Leave Thu 7th April 09:20 Arrive Thu 7th April 11:50 Cost £90 (Various travel times every 50 minutes) Route - Folkestone to Calais (Eurotunnel) Leave Thu 7th April 10:20 Arrive Thu 7th April 11:55 Cost £90 (Various travel times every 20 minutes) I've included a link to some of the accommodation available for a guide of prices, although recommendation is the Tiergarten Hotel just 500m from the track entrance. This hotel is owned by Sabine Schmidt's mother where I have already sent a request for prices and availability for April. http://www.am-tiergarten.de/en/home/ Other accommodation http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/where_to_stay.html So, lets see who's interested, fire some questions and lets see if we can schedule a trip to the Nurburgring some time in April 2011. I want to avoid May only because of other forum events such as Wales 2011.
  15. I'll have one available but it won't be until Jan 2011 I'm afraid. I'd have the bumper resprayed if I was you. Less cost in the long run.
  16. +1 on that one Ruddles very Bugatti although I do like it. Gives the rear a nice new line. Not only that have you seen the arches?
  17. Yes congrats to Fakeindian. The prize winner! And I would of thought you gained just a little more than that. You would do best to get dyno tests on this for all to see.
  18. I bet seeing that makes yours feel like a fart in the wind Yup!
  19. I've got the NOS all I need now is a GTR
  20. I think the X90 is STILL the most ugliest car of the world and our outer planitary system! Not only was it ugly, it failed by engineering standards as well !!!!!
  21. Drop links???
  22. I would say also it shouldn't be limited to "just" zeds, because of those who have left Zed ownership and have branched onto new vehicles. Lets see what idea's I can come up with so that we can tour/meet or all drive onto the same ferry or train as a party etc. A bit gumball or something??? I for sure will def be going - the ring is so addictive. Watch this space for prices and possible travel routes. P.S. like the idea of meeting up with European Zeders
  23. I'm in the process of sorting various routes, due to some people living too far north!! Costs, places to stay (as recommended by GT4Zed) - prices for laps etc etc.... I have been talking to a number of people about such plans and originally I was thinking Harwich to Hook of Holland, but for those who live south it's probably better for them to take the train from Folkestone to Calais etc. If that be the case a trip to Holland first for the southerners will mean heading to Harwich. I am thinking around the April/May time when the weather should be mild and hopefully dry. I will post up soon some ideas and suggestions hopefully in the next few days. With price options/routes etc, to accomodate those who want to spend a little or a lot?
  24. Check out Dado's attempt in the Focus RS - pay attention just after 2 mins.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiEDlw6acr8&feature=related
  25. Airfield for me.... I'm not a fan of the falkens I've purchased - so I may also join you on the track.
×
×
  • Create New...