Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. I use these for the removal of any wax. Supper plush and luxurious. http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Microfiber_Max_Towels_p/micrmax.htm
  2. Yes I've seen the Sikky kit, and as per my discussions with Lexx there's suitable source of parts and modifications from Monkfish in Milton Keynes. So there's some support and future mods possible. The Monaro doesn't do it for me, the sound and performance is superb, but I don't want a 4 seater vehicle. The LS swap for me just seems like a perfect idea, whilst being unique at the same time. I actually found an advert for an LSA, but at £1,300 it just sounded FAR too good to be true, so I left it. Luckily there's a GM importer in Cannock not far from me, although pricey can supply all that I need. Alternatively I could source from America, but for simplicity the Cannock outlet is likely to be my choice, unless I can find a CTS-V in the UK with all the necessary parts undamaged.
  3. Goods are on their way, I'll PM tracking numbers later. Please don't forget pics and if you need any assistance just let me know. Thanks guys
  4. Nissan give you a performance car that is well within their reliability and drive ability guidelines. All the Uprev does is unleash the added bonuses which Nissan hold back from you. It's like an iPhone, Apple lock it down for their benefit, we jailbreak it to get the most out of the phone. Same as the Uprev, and trust me Mark wouldn't give your car back so that you can break it, otherwise you'll be knocking on his garage doors like a raged bear. I've had Uprev for nearly 3 years now. Couldn't speak more highly of its additions to driving the car.
  5. Glad to see an oficial build thread at last. Thoroughly enjoyed your story Bob. This for me is my favourite look, or the one at the Midlands meet.
  6. +1 saw martins at LakeZ last year and almost fell over in love (with the colour that is)
  7. Hey you lot leave me alone.... I did like Martins rims but didn't like the polished lip with the darker shades of my car. Then the RE030's I actually really liked but not feeling the 18" fronts. So on that basis I've put wheels out my mind for now. To be fair I keep looking at my Rays and still really like them, especially in Anthrecite. Anyway I need to save my cash at the mo.
  8. Fifth gear yes it's on Discovery or something which is a bit odd. Well I had forgotten the whole show till I read this thread update. Very poor, funny in places but guys come on, get back to the decent stuff we love. The next two weekends should be good and will recover well I think.
  9. Takes note to call Ian Linda at the next meet
  10. +1 on that. @Chubby - I'd do whatever I can to the engine before it put in, but it doesn't just stop at an engine, transmission, ECU, cooling, clutch etc. So it would be a big and unique build.
  11. Wasso

    C/f coolant cover

    Drilled the holes. Simple fix.
  12. Cool
  13. haha just looked at the pic on the laptop and seen the writing .(looking on the iphone i just seen an engine and could barely make out the caddy badge) that would be awesome in a zed. would you need to wear a cowboy had and chaps tho? It should be epic but there could be potential handling issues with the increase of weight, and of course what if things don't go to plan. But with a years worth of saving I really hope this is a viable option. The LS2 was previously my choice of lump, but for a lesser cost I could simply SC the Zed, although that's not an option I have as she's on 74k miles and not as sweat as she once was. Secondly I'm a petrol head and would soon get bored just being SC. So to forge the block plus run the risk of future issues I found through my research the LSA will give me all that I need in one go, no messing, no fuss, no need to forge its all there in one box. In addition I've been out off by the compactness of the SC in the Zed, for me I'd just have a constant fear of issues and not be able to enjoy the car for what it is. Anyway I like to be different. In fact I may even have the engine powdercoated purple!!
  14. Supercharged to 556hp - 551 ft/lbs @ 3,800 rpm
  15. I'm actually saving up for one of these. I'm aiming for 2014 Wales.
  16. The brackets should be affixed to the floor of the boot, where there should be cutouts in the carpet (if oem). If the carpet is aftermarket you'll have to make holes for the brackets. If you remove the boot carpet you'll see two holes in which for the brackets to be affixed to. The top side of the Tonneau should affix under the strut bar.
  17. Think Jim is saying "it makes him chuckle" so I wouldn't say it was destined to be hilarious, maybe we should watch it a few times and see what happens?
  18. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! "Medic!"
  19. Wasso

    Polished Plenum

    **** off I've already PM'd him Careful as Purple has many shades!
  20. Wasso

    Polished Plenum

    A fair price for a polished plenum, I'd say £160-200. I'll collect yours for £50 in my sky rocket!
  21. Wasso

    Polished Plenum

    If I could stay warm and dry I'd do it every evening without fail. Thing is though, the plenum is a right friggin pain the jack.....slave labor and all that. But happy to do them for the rest of this year me thinks, after that I may give it up, as I want the detailing to kick in full swing.
  22. Wasso

    Polished Plenum

    PM recieved and will sort something out. I've got Ken, Steve and I can sort Dan out as well. Main reason for the slow down has mainly been the freezing weather. I should be able to concentrate more on the polishing over the next few months as we slide into Spring.
×
×
  • Create New...