-
Posts
2,060 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by veeg33
-
Nice Zed there mate!
-
Hello and welcome 👋
-
Tarmac Sportz might still sell them. Try check with Chris. Mine was completely custom. Brought a set of 'standard' DRL from EBay, strip the PCB board out, trim down the silver reflectors. Then brought those clear smoked reflectors from US (via eBay), 'Dremel' a slot to fit the those above and black silicone to secure it. DRL controller is from Amazon. Took me about 3hrs to fit as it was my first time removing the front bumper and testing my wiring. Probably half the time if I need to do it again. Check out my build thread for more info on these DRL http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91440-veeg33s-slow-dose-of-zeditus/
-
New Member in central London
veeg33 replied to arthurtwosheds's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Hello and welcome 👋 You have come to the right place for info. There are many good traders here that can supply parts and advise. Clark Motorsport, Tarmac Sportz, Cougar Store etc. Many recommended garages too around you. All you need it do some search on Google (your question and always end with 350z UK forum). If not, start a thread and I'm sure someone will give their views/advise Good luck with your search mate. -
Fitted my homemade custom DRL last Saturday but forgotten to post here. Whilst I had the headlights out, I've swap them D2R with 6k xenon, CREE side lights and silvertec indicators. The DRL has a controller that: a.) Turns the DRL on when engine is started b.) Switch the white DRL off when indicators/hazard lights being switched on c.) Dim the DRL by 30% when side lights and main beam being turned on d.) DRL remains switched on for about 20 seconds when engine is switched off
-
Hello and welcome 👋
-
3 for 2 offer at Halfords at the moment if that helps. I'm considering to buy this actually.
-
Left the skylines and got my first Zed
veeg33 replied to JDMzed's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Hello and welcome 👋 -
Halfords and EuroCarParts stock the front pump (£12ish and £8ish respectively) and the Blue Print rear pump is available on Amazon at around £26 delivered. Fairly easy to replace. Just undo 2 x M10 bolt under the driver's side wheel liner, then you can bend the wheel liner to get to the pump. Press the release tab on the connector to remove then you'll just need to pull the pump out as they are not secure with any bolt.
-
It looks better, I must admit but I like my rear wiper and managed to find an aftermarket rear pump for £24 and took 5mins to replace. It was by BluePrint part number ADN10316 if anyone wants it.
-
Congrats to both!
-
Not sure how popular these OEM ones as they are pretty plain compared to I4N's custom built divider. But some people still prefer them as they are original OEM.
-
Looking to change the front orange bumper reflectors
veeg33 replied to upandoveragain's topic in Styling
Check out my build thread as Gareth (GMballistic) suggested. I've just installed mine yesterday and I'm loving it. Let me know if you want further info -
Don't know the exact price but heard it's over £100
-
Hello and welcome
-
Hello and welcome 👋
-
Yep, that's what I saw on their website. I've registered for free there (catalogue part number look up, BluePrint Live!) and they supply quite a number of 350z parts. http://www.blueprint-adl.com/
-
The rear pump was from Blue Print, part number ADN10316. Front pump is ADN10315, but not sure how much they cost. Halfords and EuroCarParts stock the front pump (£12ish and £8ish respectively) Not sure how popular these rear pumps are as many zed out there has rear wiper delete but I like mine and finally, it's working now!
-
Finally, it's dark out there! Here's when I start up my engine Here's when main beams are on, the DRL controller dimmed the DRL by around 30-40% and its less harsh and can be looked directly without glaring (good for MOT) Hazard light test - as before, the switch back relay on the controller is not great. Sometimes it flashes between amber and white, sometimes just amber. A little bit annoying but I can live with it for now. I absolutely loved it. The full 6k colour temperature absolutely transformed the car to look much modern.
-
Thanks Veeg and good to know. The problem with the snow foam gun that I'm guessing you're on about (the genuine Karcher one) is that they're never very good really. Had several in the past and the difference between them and one of the proper snow foam guns is unreal. Have a read of this if you get 5 mins spare: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84321-what-a-difference-a-snow-foam-gun-can-make/ It was the car plan demon snow gun that I saw in Halford. It was in the till when I paid for my hose connector. But not sure if they comes with the snow foam 5ltr bottle However, it was attached directly to the 5ltr bottle! Few washes will be a handful as you'll need to carry the 5ltr bottle around (I'm assuming here as I did not inspect it in details to confirm that's how it works)
-
Still not dark yet but I just can't wait longer, here a few snap
-
Took the opportunity of good weather today to fit my DRL and replace the rear windscreen water pump. Front bumper off, but not completely. Fairly easy, just 10 x M10 bolts at the bottom (on the bottom undertray) then 3 £ M10 (each side) under the headlights. The wheel arch linings are pretty flexible so I just bend them to get to those 3 x M10 bolts. Then remove 6 plastic studs on top (I use 2 flat head screwdrivers) and pull the front bumper out. I kept the headlight washer attached as I can access my reflectors to swap them. Then remove 4 x M10 bolts to remove the headlight. Once it's off, I replaced the side light with LED, indicator with Silvertec and 6k DR2 main beam. Then using T-tap, I tap into the indicator +te wire and the side light. This is to trigger the amber DRL when indicating and the side light tapping is to dim the DRL when side lights are being switched on. These T-tap are pretty good, just crimp them on with pliers. Then a simple spade connector goes in the t-tap. Simple-ssssssss! Tested them, but first attempt wasn't successful as I've tapped into the wrong polarity Lucky I've used T-tap, I can just fix/cover it with some insulation tape. 2nd attempt was successful. Tested the in indicators, works well for the first few flashes but after 4/5 flashes, the switch back doesn't seems to work properly as it was flashing amber and white rather than just amber. I'm guessing the controller's relay timing might be a little bit off. £6 controller from Hong Kong delivered, hence not really expecting it to be perfect tbh. And it seems the dimmer is also not working but I'll need to see in the dark later tonight. Love the clear darken reflectors. Looks good even without DRL in action While I have the bumper out, I've swapped the rear windscreen wiper water pump out as well. Managed to buy one locally for £24 brand new aftermarket from AZ Motor Spares. It was a direct replacement so fits perfectly. Literally took me about 5mins to replace. But before that, I unplugged it and plug the new pump in to check before I swap them. All good, then I unplugged the rubber hose, pull the pump out (be ready to block the hole with your thumb), new pump in, connector back in, done. Can't wait for darkness now........ Hopefully it will turn out great.
-
Hello and welcome 👋 Good luck with the hunt!
-
Hello and welcome 👋