Jump to content

Bodyboarder81

Members
  • Posts

    3,182
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bodyboarder81

  1. I think they will only guarantee the right method off fitting the supplied parts ..... As in if they've fitted the part wrong then they are liable , would be very hard to prove I would imagine though ! Any more updates today?
  2. Very very nice man !! Loving it , esp the lights .... Really would like to get that done to mine but scared to try and split them !!
  3. All positive news then Great enjoy your trip and let us all know how you got on at the ring with your new set up !
  4. Yes. But this might be because it was touching the diff. I intend to drive it a bit and decide. I just want a better sound, not a louder one! I bet it does great at the moment .... But you sound like me , can't put up with a droney loud exhaust . It's a tough one as in the good weather with the windows down and out for a blast , you can't beat a loudish exhaust ( as long as it's a nice tone) in the end I've put on a miltek and couldn't be happier . Quite enough not to drone but loud enough to know you have an sports car. Have you got it back from jez yet? What's your numbers and how does it feel if so ?
  5. Is yours a 350 or a 70? Josh is in a 50 I'm in a 70 That's right ... I'm poorer than you
  6. 1st pic = America 2nd = English rotters Ha ha ha
  7. Those brakes look awesome Jon ! Must handle very well with all the upgrades
  8. Whatever the final numbers are , that's a great upgrade ... 182bhp more !! Nuts
  9. I would be very happy with 440-450 genuine fly bhp with mine .... Which I think is achievable with the standard pulley ..... Regards the frozen boost ..... My quote from jez inc fitting this , so hoping he can knock some basic brackets up to get it in .
  10. That's a shame about the frozen boost .... But at least you know it can be fitted with the brackets, and doms been running 488 with the standard one , so sure it will do for the time being
  11. Yep my thoughts exactly ! Did jez do a dyno run on the old map , to see what it made on his dyno?
  12. A written off one I guess ? What do HR engines usually go for?
  13. Any more updates nick? Have they managed to get the frozen boost in?
  14. Great news Bet you can't wait to get it back with all the goodies fitted ! Are you hoping for more bhp ? I wouldn't have thought it had a lot left to give? Or just a smoother / better quality map ?
  15. Any joy yet nick ? Edit - getting confused about what thread I'm posting on!!
  16. Good luck Anyway ...... Brakes
  17. Yes I gather you will but its just they won't last ...... And yes it looks like no issues if staying with standard set up or 9lb pulley .... After that people seem to be putting bigger impellers on and going boom ..... 420whp ..... Is around 480-500 fly I think
  18. I recon you'll be running before me lol I'm not banking on it !! Goes in next Friday ..... Ill be happy to get it back within 2 weeks
  19. Agree with the above
  20. No .... I got got £700 .... Or was it £750 , can't remember ! Bought Adrian's / torqen akebono set up for ..... Can't exactly remember again!! About £1700 ... So cost me 1k to swop . ..... A bargain way to get a great set up .... I will add I'm only using them on a road car so can't comment on how they would hold up on track . I, like you wanted to get the suspension ( went with eibach arb, bilstein b6 shocks and tein springs) and brakes / tyres ( mpss 255/285) before I added more power ( stillen HR kit from torqen , being fitted next week) .......
  21. Ha ha shows what I know !! The only thing I do know is when I test drove one a few years ago I didn't like it !!
  22. All depends on what your paying for it I guess ? Can't ever see them being a collectible to be honest ......
  23. I think it really does depend on what you want to spend. Yes you can spend 2.5k plus ..... I opted for the akebono set up from torqen , along with hawk pads / braided lines/ rb600 fluid and drilled/ slotted discs .... It's a revelation compared with the brembo set up ...... I think with more aggressive pad and 2pc discs this set up would be ample for your needs . You can also sell your brembos on , as I did so the whole set up cost me 1k ..... Bargain
  24. They are a great little mod .... Nice one
×
×
  • Create New...