Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. I like them, I think they will look better on the black Z too
  2. I think the artsy types call it "soft focus" everyone else calls it "out of focus"
  3. Above each application will last for weeks, smells nice too and being an aerosol it lasts forever and isn't messy!
  4. The Isle of Man just north of Douglas. For some reason, that name made me think of this:
  5. If the shoe fits....
  6. Get some of this: http://www.shiningmonkey.co.uk/shop/4579423065/No-Spit-Tire-Shine/6544541 Spray on, drive off and they look like new
  7. Why didn't you just move one space to the left and have the full space? Or move the bins? At the end of the day you're across 2 bays and she wanted one of them.
  8. That's awesome, everything in the picture adds to it, even the rickety fence. Great post
  9. Don't waste your time mate, it's what the cool kids all want innit Sent from the golf club... & ting bruv Sorry all I see are letters there Sent from the golf club...
  10. Don't waste your time mate, it's what the cool kids all want innit Sent from the golf club... & ting bruv
  11. Remove bolts underneath, remove poppers up top remove the odd random bolt on either end and pull.
  12. You're going to show titties?! Wahey! Good going
  13. Aye think the OP is on about these. Are they literally blocks of metal under the bonnet? That silver square looks like it's causing the problem, remove that from each side and you should have a properly functioning bonnet again
  14. People do it to "let hot air out of the under bonnet area" however it actually messes up the carefully designed under bonnet airflow and raises your engine temps. It also looks like you've had a crash and not repaired the car. Oh and it also lifts the bonnet out of line of the hooks which are designed to catch each other in the event of a crash and puts it in a direct line of your face. The number of high performance cars I've seen it done on? None. The number of chavtastic cars I've seen it done on? Lots.
  15. One of the most common jobs on the Z, very easy to do with off the shelf parts
  16. I've thought of getting harnesses at a later date, mainly for show, but then I can to the conclusion that they'd **** me off. Many times I have to lean forward to see better out of a junction or twist my body to see behind me whilst reversing, neither of these things I can do with harnesses. A few times when trying to lean forward the seatbelt has locked, not just in the Zed, but quite a few cars and it's quite difficult to describe how angry and frustrated that makes me Is there a way to keep the seatbelt and have harnesses fitted? Yeah, I've done it. Lap belt is secured to the same point as the standard seatbelt on the outside just with a longer bolt to hold them both and into the floor via one of those threaded plates. Edit: and my bucket seat mount has a fixing point for the lap belt too
  17. Simple fix, get harnesses!
  18. Copy and paste over from another forum: And when the 'caged car is crashed, the cage spreads the energy of the collision around the chassis resulting in more damage, therefore increased repair costs to the insurer, not to mention PI claims from body parts connecting with the cage. Now you say that it makes perfect sense! A head on a steel support will do a LOT of damage!
  19. True but on the other hand, a modified car is more likely to be owned by an enthusiast who loves his car more than his wife and will take painstaking care to treat it well, never park it anywhere dodgy and look after it. I forgot to mention before, it might also be because insurance companies make little sense haha.
  20. It's also that a modified car is more likely to be stolen, as the parts will have a higher resale value than standard. A rollcage in a mini would suggest that the car is faster than it is, a thief isn't going to know that you've put the rollcage in for looks and not because its your road car that you take to a small race series at the weekend. A couple of months ago there were loads of drift cars being stolen, the thieves were even turning up with keys for the battery cut-off as they knew they would have been removed. If you had the option of two 350z's; one with several grand spent on it and one completely standard - both for "free" and you were going to break the car to sell in bits. The one with the possibly rare after-market bits would be the one to choose.
  21. Haven't watched the video, but in all honesty if I witnessed a murder I'd probably freeze in shock, stand there and cry after it was over and then never forgive myself for not doing anything to try and stop it.
  22. I'm no expert, but I'd say it looks like something like a crosswind got under the car. At those speeds a small bit of lift can be a huge issue. Whatever happened, that car is toast!
  23. Personally I don't bother with 1st, it just runs out of revs too quickly. Give it beans and you can light them up from a standstill in 2nd
  24. This story is a prime example of what I good roll cage can do. This Honda Insight flipped at 190MPH! it rolled over 15 times! The driver survived with a cut to his leg and a collapsed lung. Lets hope his cage designer got a big thank you present! http://www.carthrottle.com/this-roll-cage-saved-a-guy-from-a-190mph-honda-barrel-roll-of-death/
  25. Only reason I read this was because I saw the title and that you'd commented I wasn't disappointed
×
×
  • Create New...