Jump to content

Av8er

Members
  • Posts

    201
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Av8er

  1. Thanks for the great off, just ordered a cobra mid pipe and box. I'll just bastardise some ali sheeting and weld for a quick week fix until it arrives.
  2. Just bought the cobra mid pipe and box... Hopefully the Y-pipe is in a good enough state to fit straight on
  3. My exhaust has just fallen off.... What to do!!
  4. I really do want to come down, it may be the case of me coming down and camping somewhere. I want to fit a whole new system on it, the pipes are rusted to buggery... I was looking at the K4 on the net, not sure if it will fit an 03 JDM though
  5. Yep, the lass isn't making it much easier either... WOMEN! (no offence to the lovely ladies here)
  6. I'm going to have to pull out of this I'm afriad. My exhaust has fallen off this morning and its too rusted to be welded, new tyres + a new exhaust system, I'm not going to be able to afford it. I was really looking forward to this one, I may still try to drive down for just 1 day, but I can't stay. Sorry
  7. Has this gone? My exhaust has just fallen off... :'(
  8. May very well be just me... Other half and I have had a disagreement. It almost makes North Korea look like a party!
  9. Have any of you guys tried Adrian Flux, if you want a quotation, drop me your mobile number and a time to call. I work on their quotations staff, I'll have a look at see what I can do for you all.
  10. If you want to ladies and gents, you can always drop me a PM with your number and a time to call you and I'll happily grab you a quoation. Always good to talk to someone who owns the same car as you. (In relation to the below post) ETA; I work for Flux on their quotations team, I originally started on the modified and specialist car team working with JDM imports, modified cars, rally cars and show cars, so I have an understanding of customers needs when it comes to modification cover, import insurance and high performane vehicles. Although I would like to stay being considered as a member of the forum opposed to an insurance representative
  11. I may well be a bit late but it's worth a shot. If you want, ping me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call. I work at Adrian Flux and I'll see what we can get for you covering your mods on a like for like basis. Cheers, Ed
  12. Does their opinion not need to be supported by a witness... Ie another policeman, or the equipment in the car. Like I said, INAL. This is based on boredom at work and sitting on the SP&L section of piston heads
  13. Seabee, INAL, but I wouldn't worry. 1. Firstly if you were doing over 100MPH, the policeman reports you, he doesn't have the authority I hand out tickets after that. So him saying you'll get you disqualification thought the post is absolute bovine-excrement, and the fine (see point 2) 2. As you would have to attend court, it isn't a fixed penalty notice. Meaning, that our lovely judicial system now has the ability to bleed you dry of as much money as they possibly can, in the form of an income based penalty. 3. By the sounds of it, this policeman was in his daily driver, a daily driver which I highly doubt contains the calibrated equipment to allow them to take a reading of your speed whilst on the move over a set distance. Give it 21 days from the date of the offence, nothing gets sent, forget about it. I think you just upset a angry little man who likes to wear his hat a little too much.
  14. If you're looking for a camera that will be proof in an accident, I'd look at something like a roadhawk. The top end models will record all of the telemetry of the car and display it in a sort of HUD on the video playback. They're not exactly small, but they are very good at the job. Alternatively, you could just mount a GoPro on your dashboard, although data storage and battery life may be an issue for long journeys. There is also a iPhone application that records on a continuous loop, you can mount it in a holder with a charger cable from the cig lighter, my dad uses this one, the videos are pretty good quality in fairness, and again, that can measure your speed if the GPS is enabled.
  15. I hate you!
  16. Yup!! I'm a glider pilot in the ATC (for some reason iPhone autocorrect turned that to "loser pilot"... Currently going for my PPL, got 29hrs... Was selected for another 10hrs scholarship this year, passed my first stage of selection for Bristow helicopters scholarship, and awaiting date for royal naval pilot aptitude testing... As you an tell, I LOVE planes. Haha Aim is to be qualified before I turn 21
  17. So just out of curiosity, is there anyone else on here with an avid interest in aviation? Pilots, engineers, spotters etc I need another geek to talk planes to!
  18. And I thought women were expensive!
  19. Check your inbox mate
  20. Av8er

    Polished Plenum

    I'm polishing my own mate... Could try that. Buy yourself a stock and go from there
  21. I like planes...
  22. So I finally got round to starting the wet and dry sanding. This is one of the most dirty jobs I've ever done and I think I've got tennis elbow. I've only managed to do 240 grain at the moment and have still got a few sheets left so will continue with that a bit longer. But progress so far: From a way back it looks okay. But there are, as usual, problem areas... Area which my fat stumpy sausage fingers can't reach without skinning my knuckles. For example: I also can't decide whether I should file the number off the lip. I'd assume that's what everyone does as polishing that would be a royal pita! Anyone got a polished plenum that could let me know? Keep 'em peeled, fingers cross it won't be too much longer.
  23. Would love to, but a friend lives nearby and I've already said that ill meet up with her during any free time. Plus I think the +1 wants to go and so some photography picture taking rubbish...
  24. I will be writing the letter this evening, ill post it on here and see what you all think before I send it
  25. I was triumphant in that battle
×
×
  • Create New...