-
Posts
11,395 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by WhackyWill
-
Boxter S having its a55 kicked by a 350Z. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6qXQq70qqnw
-
Ecclestone admits that 2014 season could be last as F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has admitted that the 2014 season could be his last at the helm of Formula 1. However, he insists that is not because of the Gerhard Gribkowsky corruption scandal, that if found guilty would at best see him fired and at worst land him in a German jail. Until now, the Formula 1 Chief Executive has always said that he has no intention of stepping down. “As long as I feel I can deliver, and the shareholders are happy for that to happen, I will stay,†the diminutive Briton said in 2012. But Ecclestone has now admitted that he is thinking about retiring. “I’m going to be 84 at the end of this year so I am probably going to have to start to think, do I want to go into the 85th year doing what I’ve been doing for goddamn how many years?†he is quoted by the Mirror. “It’s something I’ll have to give some very serious thought to.†Ecclestone likened his thoughts about quitting to a sports star at the top of his game. “The important thing is to know when you should hang the boxing gloves up,†he said, “so you are not going to end up going into the ring and getting a good hiding.†He claims that the Gribkowsky case, in which he is accused of bribing the now-jailed Gribkowsky to the tune of millions of dollars, has nothing to do with his new retirement thoughts. “No, that’s nothing. No, no,†Ecclestone insisted. “It’s the way people have to run businesses today compared to how they used to.†He said he is referring to today’s era of “corporate governanceâ€, involving “different committees, ethics committees and god knows what else boards to report toâ€. “I didn’t know about any of these things back then,†said Ecclestone. “Probably, if I had of …, I wouldn’t have lasted as long as I lasted. “And we will be more restricted as time goes on. That’s how the world is. It’s coming that way. I don’t agree with it. “What we are slowly but surely managing to do is get rid of entrepreneurs. Getting rid of people who “think outside the box,†he said.
-
Check this out...
-
Oh yeah I remember, with the S2000 I hate the sound of the Boxter, sounds horrible. I think the other car was a Mazda, but I agree they sound pants..! My best mate got an S so I keep winding him up, he's now trading it in for a Corvette 6.0 C5 ..
-
There's was a video on here and I have just looked it up and cannot find it where there was a race in Japan between a 350Z, Porsche Boxter S, M3, S2000 and one other, driven by professional drivers..The Zed won and the Boxter was LAST...
-
Only problem with today's F1 engines is "They are 10 cylinders short". http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=umO3iqac_4c Or This : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9O21qozwc0U
-
Yeah will do, we'll go for a drink. - Plen, no noticeable difference. But remap booked for next week Love it - It's my conversation starter! Only just sprayed the handles And nah I haven't thought about that yet, Ordering Wheels next week to try and draw some attention away Seriously? Wheels too?! Yeah, sorry I agree, you need to balance it out, maybe a more aggressive front? Already got some new Front Arches lined upPlease say you haven't ordered them already?! You're supposed to be broke No no lol. My Rollie table and for making sandwiches Salad bar club Come Join Looks awesome dude, glad you like it Will be very popular outside the Ace Cafe on the 19th ...
-
Will make a good beer table for the Summer outside the pub...
-
Thanks mate - don't forget Buster - I just drilled the holes in the boot an laughed at how stupidly big it was I would never forget Buster , what a dynamic duo.
-
Great job Keyser as usual.
-
Serious DGW..are you running DRS.. ?
-
Welcome to the Land of Zed.
-
PM Zmanalex for the liner and clips..
-
'Flapping' type noise under braking...any ideas?
WhackyWill replied to iwanprice12's topic in Brakes
Pigeon stuck under the car....!! -
If it's modded they are even less interested, you wont get anything extra for mods from a dealer.
-
Waving and flashing in London normally starts a fight...
-
Hello from a future owner
WhackyWill replied to garak112's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome to the Forum.. . Glad to hear you got permission.. -
Probably best to sell it privately anyway. As Mike said sounds like they didn't want your Zed.
-
Think its only available on the JDM for the American market.
-
Bernies got the hump..!! Bernie Ecclestone has said Formula One will investigate ways of making the new machines sound "more like racing cars" as a matter of urgency. Ecclestone has been against some of the swathe of rule changes, which have helped to make the car engines considerably quieter, and he found allies after the opening weekend of the season. In the aftermath of the Australian Grand Prix, organisers made clear their view that quieter cars equates to a less sexy sport. It was clear from our feedback during live sessions that the sound of the new engines does not transmit well on the TV. Comparisons with lawnmowers were common, while one commenter asked whether the new engines are "powered by farts". Formula One's volume has been turned down dramatically over the winter - a point pushed home at the track by the V8 Red Bull demonstration car performing runs between sessions. But until you've heard the engines from trackside it's worth reserving judgement. That in itself might not have mattered had they not also hinted they might sue as well, saying the product was "not what we paid for" and said it would be an issue "for all promoters all round the world". That gave Ecclestone the ammunition he needed. "I was not horrified by the noise," he said. "I was horrified by the lack of it. Ron [Walker, the chief of the Australian Grand Prix] is right with regards to their contract. And I was sorry to be proved right with what I've said all along; these cars don't sound like racing cars. I've been speaking with Jean [Todt, president of the FIA] this afternoon and what I've said is that we need to see whether there is some way of making them sound like racing cars. "I don't know whether it's possible but we should investigate. I think let's get the first few races out of the way and then maybe look to do something. We can't wait all season. It could be too late by then." Ecclestone said that other promoters had been in touch to express their concerns. "I spoke to [Ferrari president] Luca di Montezemolo just now and Luca said he's never had as many emails complaining and saying this isn't Formula One."
-
Its nothing to do with Nissan, if you cannot find a code for it, give the serial No to Kenwood and they should be able to supply you one, they may ask for a receipt for ir, try the previous owner if you cannot find it.
-
That's why you need a code. The code will be in with the instruction manual for the radio on a small card that came in the radio box .
-
No CEL after crash - need advice on potential hidden damage
WhackyWill replied to Dynamic Turtle's topic in 350Z General
Don't worry Jonathan Palmer will send you the bill for his grass..!! -
Very helpful guide, well written.