Jump to content

smudgedon

Members
  • Posts

    2,417
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by smudgedon

  1. You reckon i'd be black flagged round the track? Might get a silencer put in my mid pipe....
  2. Ye I'm worried about mine at track days On the way up to 4500rpm it was over 100dB, easily Keeping it at 4500rpm produce about 96dB if I remember right? Then letting off the throttle caused it to shoot back up to over 100...I can't even imagine what a driveby would be like
  3. Some nice pics, but the Zed is crying out for some skirts and the rear plate to be straightened
  4. Purely for comical effect Her - "Hun, the window won't go down" (with the lock on) You - "Yes it will, look" (lock off, put window down, put it back up, lock on) Her - "IT WONT FECKING WORK!!!!"
  5. No but I wouldn't expect it to be half the cost of the car Just in my experience, the "premium" brands i.e. BMW, Audi, Merc etc are all a lot more expensive than Nissan for example, even on the Zed. Coupled with the fact that the Zed seems to be a LOT more reliable overall than the German brands, they've really gone downhill in recent years, particularly Merc and Audi Again, all personal experience
  6. Nismo, all the others are too OTT Although that red one that Will posted is gorgeous!
  7. Repairs, yes, but not servicing. 350's need serviced every year, p1, p2, p1, p3. £170ish for P1 and £250-£300 for P2 and P3. The BMW needs serviced only every second year at about £250. Ofcourse there are always specialists and indy's who can do both cars for much cheaper. Even Porsche servicing is reasonable for Boxsters and Carrera's. Anyway... For £25 budget does it have to be new? Because a not too old 911 can be had for that money which will be fast and eat any annual mileage you throw at it. Plus, it's a Porsche Every 2 years? Really?! I find that hard to believe After owning 2 Audi's (same premium German brand crap) I couldn't believe the cost of servicing alone, luckily I had no repair bills as it was under warranty One of the DSG boxes needed replacing on my 2nd Audi, I asked them what it would cost if it wasn't under warranty and they quoted me "in the region of £7,000" :scare: :scare: :scare:
  8. BMW's are boring and will rape you for servicing and repairs No thanks
  9. Booked in for geo on Saturday
  10. I literally can't think of another tool that we could have used Thanks again for your help mate, hope you enjoyed your Fosters and Sizzler Will let you know about next weekend
  11. I wonder how many people I could fit into a Zed to do this....
  12. really Dip?!!!!! Do you know what the wheels on a car are there for?
  13. Of course, should be picking them up from the bodyshop at the end of the month
  14. Ride comfort is fine Currently on setting 12 of 30 so fairly soft, but it's nice and firm yet comfy apart from the back end wanting to go walkies over a bump I reckon I'll have it a bit stiffer, only a few clicks, when everything is setup though
  15. I'm so confused!!!
  16. Well, yesterday was fun! With the help of Darren-B, we decided to stick the BC Racing coilovers on the Zed I shot over to the SE Zed Shed and arrived at around 9.20am, Darren's plan was to get it all done and then shoot off to a garage to get the alignment done in the afternoon....if only he knew! Started off with the nearside front and came across a few stumbling blocks. 1st off, the bolt for the top of the camber arms was a stubborn lil biatch! With much swearing, cursing, hitting with hammers to give it the "shock" treatment and brute force, we finally got it apart, and the 1st coilover strut was fitted When we came to the new SPC camber arm, we found that the black cylindrical collar that should be on top of the bush was missing for both of the new arms. So, we decided to chop off the collars from the old arms, with the idea that we wouldn't be needing them ever again! So, by around 11.30am, we finally had the nearside front done! Getting her to the alignment centre for the afternoon was looking bleak...but we persevered! Next was the nearside rear, a relatively simple job compared to the front. Or so we thought.... The standard toe adjustment nut was essentially welded to the bolt with rust. So yet more tools came out, this time in the shape of a blowtorch to get some heat on it for encouragement. Which resorted in the bolt snapping after applying pressure and the spanner holding the other end, flying off and missing my hand by about an inch Darren and I just looked at each other in bemusement as we inspected the snapped bolt, thinking "wtf do we do now?!" Then, we realised that it didn't matter, as we had the new toe bolts which allow for greater adjustment anyway PHEW!!!! After that, the nearside rear was fairly simple Next, offside rear, and we decided to get serious. So out came the air tools! None of this manual, elbow grease lark! Again, we had issues with the rusted toe bolt, but carried on and finished that at around 3.30pm. If we could get the offside front done in under and hour, we MIGHT have a chance to get it down the garage for alignment at last minute The offside front was probably the worst of all...the bolt on the camber arm again giving us problems, so out came another tool: Yup, the angle grinder essentially chopping half the nut off to then pry it off the bolt with a chisel and hammer - technical stuff! But it did the job, and after that taking about an hour for 1 bolt, the rest was straight forward enough So, what turned out to be an 8 and half hour job, using every conceivable tool known to man, we finally have coilovers!!! Geometry hasn't been done at all yet, so from what I can see, the fronts are fairly similar, but the rears are all over the show the nearside rear has about 3 degrees of negative camber and a lot of toe it, whereas the offside rear has almost no camber and no toe in so at the moment she dances around over every bump and dip in the road, which is interesting! So this week, she will be staying still until I get booked in on Saturday for a full geo setup A sneak peak of how she sits at the moment: Was going to play around with ride height but it was far too wet today All credit to Darren though, top bloke who persevered and got the job done. No way his fault that it took so much longer than we expected and thank God that he has a set of tools that could rival a branch of B&Q!
  17. smudgedon

    OEM bits

    Bump
  18. Upgraded to the LED rear lights a couple of months back, so my pre-facelift, non-LED rear lights are up for sale Perfect condition, no marks, scratches or broken bits Removed from my 54plate Zed after about 70k miles are in full working order £60 collected from Surrey or £75 delivered
  19. Anyone got any idea how much the standard retractable units are worth please?
  20. I don't know but I'd give £150 for your motorised one Add another zero onto that lol what like this £15.00 That'll cover postage
  21. I don't know but I'd give £150 for your motorised one Add another zero onto that
  22. Looking for some 370z (also Infiniti G37 fitment) front and rear brake discs Ideally wan't drilled and grooved, can traders contact me with what they got please? Ideally don't want to spend much over £300 for a full set
  23. How much is a standard cubby with the retractable lid worth guys?
  24. Did you get that through JM-Imports?
  25. I've got the motorised one sitting in my wardrobe need to fit and then my standard retractable cubby will be up for grabs
×
×
  • Create New...