Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. Cheers for your input Keyser, it's all appreciated as between the community and the tuners someone must know what the hell is going on I think Abbey checked the fuel pressure and they didn't see it change ( I could be making this up as I've read so many threads right now ) but the USA guys had the same symptoms as me and their fuel pressure didn't change or fluctuate much. Then again, they didn't have the dampers in place where as I do because I have the newer version of the CJM frs. So it looks like it's almost my problem but we have very slight variations, variations that make the solution impossible for me as I already have it! Yeah, I think Abbey have said the injectors should be usable however they did want to put another set in just to rule it out as a cause. I had new 1 step colder plugs installed when the charger was installed. The car literally runs perfectly other than this issue, it doesn't use oil, no smoke that smells of petrol coming out of exhaust. It pulls hard to the red line once it's got past 2k rpm. The coil pack is a good angle and I'll see what Abbey have to say about it on Monday. I appreciate everyones input trying to help me solve this, it's so frustrating I just want to enjoy the car.
  2. Yeah it happens everytime, full throttle / part throttle etc. Thanks for that link, I'll have a read of this and Mark did mention the issues you had. He did say this was still happening regardless of the changes he made in the ECU, he tried it with my map and a map he quickly created. He's the second tuner to have looked at it from an ECU point of view so I'm hoping between two of the most highly regarded tuners around they would have been able to sort it if the issue was there.
  3. As I've described the car goes extremely lean at a certain RPM, much like the 'Muricans in the thread I've linked. I've latched on to the phrase boost/air leak as it was something that was suggested as a possible problem. I think the reason why I suggested it may be the CJM system is because previously it didn't retain the damper but looks to have been modified as per Adrian's post. The injectors have a bad spray pattern but flow okay apparently. I have the Uprev GT and it was brand new. This has been an issue since the day it was tuned so I'd imagine the problem has been there since day 1 or it happened on the 40 mile journey to H-dev. So if the intake system tested fine when it was installed I doubt it's the problem, the filter too.
  4. Also, it's going lean across both banks according to Abbey.
  5. Abbey have had it apart and there is no oil leak, I'll mention the coil pack though.
  6. If you guys have any ideas of what might be causing the issue, feel free to let me know This is the best lead for now as it's exactly the same problem, it may not be an identical resolution but at least it gives an area to focus on.
  7. I've got to be honest, I don't remember and that thread I linked has Charles from CJM commenting in it. It is from 2010-ish and CJM have said that their future FRS will retain the OEM dampers but it's just odd that this chap has exactly the same problem as me and his resolution was to modify his CJM frs to accommodate the dampers. It's something mechanical that is wrong with the car, it's not the map or the ECU, it's probably not the injectors from what Abbey was saying. This is ending up costing me a lot of money and I'm getting no where with finding a resolution, so at this point in time from other peoples experience I think I've got to focus my efforts on the FRS. It's extremely frustrating.
  8. Doing some more reading it appears the CJM frs maybe what is causing the issue as it removes the stock fuel dampers? I will leave it for Abbey to decide but it may be an idea to replace it with the AAM one that keeps the stock fuel dampers in place.
  9. Might be one step closer to finding the potential problem. It turns out that the fuel dampers / fuel rail can cause issues with the car running lean at a certain RPM, I'm no expert and I cannot really explain in great detail so if you fancy a long read and a bit of learning: http://my350z.com/forum/tuning/484835-lean-spot-at-2400-rpm-what-the.html Anyway, the investigation carries on Monday afternoon and hopefully find a simple solution.
  10. Yeah, Ekona.. Have some of that.
  11. No problem mate, pleased to of been assistance Don't try and steal my credit.
  12. *Off to find a new set of wheels*
  13. Written off for a £350 repair? Okay then..
  14. Not a clue, just being a helpful citizen answering your question. I don't even know what's going on here.
  15. Network Rail don't issue or sell tickets, they maintain and operate the track. i know you might noticed i corrected it easy mistake network and national Who's National Rail? http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
  16. This may be the secret to success.
  17. It's pretty poor design to be honest but I suppose if no one has had one on a UK car before I might as well be the guinea pig. If they just welded the flanges another 90 degrees there wouldn't be an issue, or put the flanges a bit further down the pipe.
  18. New day, new problem. The new exhaust does not fit on the car, I'm guessing because the American diff is different to the UK diff... I've told them to continue for now as this exhaust is going on one way or another.
  19. I'm going to have to review our friendship.
  20. Personally, I would take the slow knife. Follow the guy home and start leaving something like garden ornaments on his door step, start off slowly - maybe 1 a month. Then start leaving them in places where he'll catch them in his peripherals, across the street at work, near his favorite restaurant and just slowly but surely increase the numbers and places. Watch his life fall apart as he becomes a nervous wreck, paranoid about these ornaments turning up in his life in increasing numbers for unknown reasons. I think that's suitable punishment for not installing brakes correctly and trying to cover it up.
  21. They may not be the issue yet, it's just a starting point but we'll see tomorrow I guess.
  22. Yeah, they're DW injectors. Mark mentioned that you had a very similar problem at one point in time and switched them out for some 725s, unsure what make he mentioned? Hopefully find out tomorrow what the verdict is! Yeah I did. My first set of DW600's was a 2nd hand from the US and I had problems. I sent them back to DW and they replaced 2 of the injectors as they were under supplying. While that was going on, I bought a brand new set of DW600's and fitted them. 3 years after that and I had another faulty injector in the new set, so got that replaced. All has been good since, but I am lacking confidence in DW quality. If I get another issue, I will definitely swap to a different manufacturer. The ones you'd have been recommended will be the Injector Dynamics ID725s. I will swap to these if there are any more problems. Fine so far, so fingers crossed. Ah okay, sounds like a bit of a nightmare to be honest. If they come back as the issue I will probably upgrade to the ID 725s that Adrian offered.
  23. Yeah, they're DW injectors. Mark mentioned that you had a very similar problem at one point in time and switched them out for some 725s, unsure what make he mentioned? Hopefully find out tomorrow what the verdict is!
  24. Cheers GM, I'm really hoping it's the injectors as it would be easy but if it's not I think they will be serviceable for now until I can save some money to replace them.
×
×
  • Create New...