Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. coldel

    Can't work...

    ...how am I meant to get anything done with that sat outside my office window Anyone else see their Zed from where they are sat!
  2. Nooooo keep it on! Go with what you want..! I had a pretty mute response to my improvised rear badge but its still there
  3. good work fella - my dad did mine, with me helping out, certainly think I can do a lot more service wise with the car now. In fact for the low cost/time will probably do a mini service inbetween the annual ones - no harm in keeping on top of things
  4. I know of some lights you might want to add to the back then
  5. What CEO's think and say vs what researchers know in the business often is quite different... ...sometimes I run research, with a sample of thousands, who all point in a common direction - everyone is onboard with it except the CEO who thinks because his he or his wife doesn't like the idea it wont work.
  6. http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16116920
  7. Bizarre, seems to be driving in slow motion on ice or something! Lost it in a straight line almost
  8. On the decal, going with the majority here, the car looks fantastically clean debadged etc, no need for the sticker
  9. Love the bonnet
  10. http://www.motordyneengineering.com/manual.pdf Page 5?
  11. Nope even they're not safe. My mums worked for DWP in many guises over the years (30+ years) and they are trying to downsize her dept and doing the same with many others. Yep, a lot of councils and places are chopping things about a bit, but 30 years in a job is still very good and shows it was reasonably secure for a long time. What puzzles me about councils is that they will happily make an employee redundant, then recruit them back as a contractor for more money! Well in all fairness Nokia was right. When the iphone came out it had phone related features which were akin to a 10 year old nokia. You couldnt set your own mp3 ring tone, couldnt send MMS, didnt have 3g, the camera was something like 2mb compared to the 5mb which nokias had, no memory card, no front camera, couldnt change the battery, bluetooth would only work on some accessories etc. etc... the list was endless. The only thing the iphone had going for it was that you could link it up to the itunes store. I remember I had a nokia at the time and I just copied my mp3`s straight to its memory card and played music that way as I had converted all my music collection to mp3`s years earlier - but if you were an ipod user and had invested a lot of time & money in buying tunes in itunes it was easier to just get an iphone and just sync it all. The conversation then went on about how the future wasn't in smartphones and that Nokia would never be knocked off its perch. He said it was like a bunch of guys just gloating and laughing at other companies attempts to innovate, he was scared to even raise the point that the research he had conducted had shown a willingness by consumers at that time to try something new and take a big step forward and that they were tiring of the Nokia styling and features that had stagnated... Now all Nokia are good for from a handset perspective are cheap plastic ones in third world countries
  12. A colleague of mine (am a consumer researcher) at an old company was at a meeting years back with Nokia a day after Apple launched iPhone. They were mocking it, saying that they know nothing about telecoms etc.
  13. looks pretty cool actually!
  14. OK cheers Mark...
  15. Guess I am only going the exhaust+hfc+uprev route and stopping there, a spacer would add a fair bit to that?
  16. Would it help if I unbolted the intake pipe and throttle body too? Actually I might just have the plenum off altogether and give it a good clean and polish whilst im at it...?
  17. Sure its not those dodgy belts you sold me Alex Only kidding, will get them checked as well.
  18. I hope it is an easy install...I am going to try it myself
  19. I thought they were dyno proven to add something with an uprev?
  20. coldel

    Z burger badges

    +1 on spraying yourself, mine went green after a month or so, got the wet dry, primer and satin black paint out and 6 months later they were still looking spot on
  21. Changed my belts a couple of months back, got them proper tightened, but yeah the weather suddenly is colder and for a few minutes in the morning you get intermittent squealing - goes after a short time though so just assume it is damp or something.
  22. Not seen one of these around for a bit... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apexi-Radiator-Cap-Nissan-Skyline-200sx-300zx-350z-1-3Kg-cm3-/180761860420
  23. You mean this one http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=55211 Yep, thats it! I like the way you didn't even comment on that thread, just slipped under the radar with your purchase. The funny thing is he had to outbid Dave for it
  24. Powder coated orange though...
  25. Yeah the 'fuel button in the dash' situ has affected many an owner Good stuff though, many hours of driving pleasure coming your way soon
×
×
  • Create New...