Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Parked up about halfway up the hill, anyone off here? Only about 5 mins walk from me.
  2. Hey have a good one Jimbo!
  3. He should be a star! Reminds me of this news story that popped up last year in the news, of a homeless guy begging for change on the side of the road with a rather unique voice...
  4. Thanks! Typo! Was in a hurry!
  5. I just detest the adverts that contain lots of 'This is the best blah blah blah' or 'Everyone says that this car blah blah blah' - when people are relying on that to sell their car, they have little to sell. Just makes me visualise the seller, as some guy that spouts nonsense and annoys me. Adverts that literally say here is my car and heres the spec, if its a good spec, it sells itself. If thats such a good car and immaculately clean and moreso than any other Zed in the UK, thats the selling point, so take some better pictures to prove it instead of the shoddy effort he has on there at the moment. It being the 'best colour' according to no one in particular is just pointless and makes me think I am dealing with an imbecile. /endrant
  6. Have to say I dislike BMWs a lot but the 1M really works for me! Exciting styling and fantastic performance, excellent!
  7. Yeah the over reaction to snow in the UK is pretty mental. Of course winter tyres will be better than summer tyres, thats not in doubt. I considered winter tyres last year but given I live in London I decided against it, and hey I made it, I'm still here The majority of the south east will get snow at some point, but really, it is only for about a total of a week over a couple of months, for the hassle and cost of changing tyres and buying them in addition to the damage the salt and grit does to the underside of the car and wheels, just stay off the road. Yooo norven lot though, serves you right right for living in the wrong part of the country
  8. Just dont drive in the snow! I have seen plenty of 4WD cars buried into plenty of things with a touch of snow on the ground. On average across half the UK we get five days of ground lying snow, if you are in that low lying land area or near the coast it really isnt worth the money nor the risk.
  9. I LOVE the NSX, but what on earth is that person doing ruining it with that god awful bodykit, it looks stunning as stock!
  10. Because a good car ad should be objective and factual not subjective 'best colour' is not in anyway factual.
  11. 'Best Colour' - seriously, he put that on the ad
  12. If you live in Scotland you should own a tractor mate
  13. Never got winter tyres last year and was fine, if it snowed or the weather was really bad I simply didn't drive at all, just common sense really (although a wise man once said "common sense isn't common"). If anything you should be looking at getting a decent level of protection on your alloys, the grit and salt will munch its way through your wheels if its left to its own devices otherwise and leave you with a hefty refurbing bill a few months later.
  14. Mine went through with 50k and a Milltek and Berks HFCs on it, we stuck the reader in and went off to have a cup of tea, took about five-ten minutes for the reading to drop down enough.
  15. The level of security as far as I know varies based on intel and danger levels. Sounds crazy but thats the way it works.
  16. Given that Heathrow is constantly under scrutiny for security it can be a bit hit and miss and the sheer number of passengers sometimes makes it look disorganised. Although I never complain about security at airports, its there for a very good reason, a pain in the backside security guard's persistence could save hundreds of passengers lives one day.
  17. Careful mate, plenty of scams that involve meeting up and they march you to the cash point etc with a knife in your back. Happened on gum tree a few times. Clearly he is lying, really, I would call the police, present the evidence you have and let them take it from there and haul another nasty piece of work in from off the streets.
  18. Whereabouts are you? I have a bit of time on my hands at the moment if you need a second pair of eyes on a Zed. I am in SW London. But as a rule beware to good to be true deals which are priced up at £3500, £5000 etc there are quite a few on gumtree and are quite easy to spot. If in doubt always worth asking them to snap some extra photos with the number plate in view, should filter out a majority of them unless they are photoshop experts.
  19. ...unfortunately iPhones dont have great auto focus, like I say its capturing the moment rather than getting a technically good picture! ...and yes, cheeky as you like
  20. As I am sans Zed, photo's have been focused on the little 'un. Although he is growing up fast, 9 months old now! Funny though I thought I would get back into using my DSLR again but its never handy when Alfie does something you want to photo - just quite lucky that smart phones have half decent cameras on them to catch the moment.
  21. SOLD please lock
  22. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/50561-rear-lights-flyeyes/
  23. Fly Eyes is no longer legal, anything that reduces the light in any form is a fail. That said, nothing to stop you removing it and putting it back after an MoT. Its very easy to do, just cut a bit with about a cm spare in size around the edge of the light and tuck it between the light and the bumper. I did it on mine without taking the bumper off, took minutes.
  24. Went on a business trip to Moscow a couple of years back. The owner of the company and her nephew are both car nuts and they rocked up at the hotel at 11pm in an Infiniti and a modified BMW. I then got a 'guided tour' of Moscow at 100mph plus. Mind you got to go see a load of organised street racing at 2am, highly modified cars belting away from lights on a public road, drifting the roundabout at the other end of the road and belting back down the otherside of the road whilst we stood and watched! Defo needed a shot of vodka when I got back to the hotel in the early hours!
  25. Unbranded, need refurb, probably worth £250? Good advice to get them weighed.
×
×
  • Create New...