Jump to content

rabbitstew

Moderators
  • Posts

    4,960
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rabbitstew

  1. And of course, paying more for a car doesnt mean you`ll get a better one. Really you need to speak to the owner. Reminds me of when my ex was trying to sell her Ford Fiesta. It was a nice clean example, but the front bumper wasnt quite alligned correctly after she had bumped into a wall with it. At the time that year / model was selling for about £2000. She wanted a quick sale so was advertising it for £1700. Noone wanted it. So in the end she reduced the price until she was advertising it for £1200 and she really struggled to sell it, and it was up for sale for months. People saw that it was cheap and assumed there was a problem with it. When in reality she actually paid £3800 for it 12 months before and had just spent £1800 on a new gearbox and clutch for it. The guy who finally bought it couldnt believe his luck and certainly got a bargain.
  2. Dunno whats going on but zeds seem to be multiplying. After seeing 2 grey ones near Bicester the other week within the space of 2 minutes, today I saw 2 black ones within the space of about 5 minutes. Black 07 plate coupe heating north out of Cambridge on Huntingdon Road at about 10am and a black 05 plate parked up down Hereford Street with baby seat in the passenger seat! Beginning to think im seeing double all the time!
  3. Now that looks nice and I really cant believe you can get one like that for less than £6k these days. If I was the OP id be looking at that one instead! As for people saying the white ebay one is crap or not, personally id reserve judgement until I had a look at it in the flesh and spoke to the seller. Sure, he may be some 17 year old chav, or on the other hand he could be an enthusiast who has lavished loads of time & effort on it.
  4. Rays look totally different to the "normal" wheels, so you can spot them straight away. Rays also say "Rays Engineering" on them - its on the rim part. The built in Sat Nav is great. Okay, so you cant enter postcodes, but it only takes a couple of seconds to enter city, street & house number. Ive not found any address it doesnt know about. You can get updated maps if you want - im running 2011 maps in mine and its got all the latest roads which I know were only built in 2011. When new, the system cost £1400 if i remember rightly and there is no way on earth I would pay that for it over just getting a £100 tomtom. Sure its nice having it all integrated with the bose stereo system, but thats just silly money for a sat nav. Personally for me, having a built in sat nav is neither here nor there, so I wouldnt make it a deal breaker. You may even find cars without it are cheaper. I know when I was looking at BMW M3`s, those without the built in Sat Nav were about £1200 cheaper on the 2nd hand market as everyone wanted all the gadgets.
  5. You must be joking or would you really manhandle someone elses car because of your own bad parking? Imagine you parked you Zed properly and came back to find soneone trying to bounce it out if their way because of parking badly I meant had i parked properly and someone had blocked me in! Your right, if its my own fault then i wouldnt start messing with someone elses car. Speaking of moving cars, I remember one place I worked someone had parked somewhere where they shouldnt have, so we got the fork lift and lifted it to somewhere else. (by fork lift i mean a massive huge manitou thing!!!)
  6. Cant say im supprised. Every time RRL announce "good" news, their price drops like a bomb. So, I thoroughly expected it!
  7. I wouldnt even try getting out of that one, id have just bounced the golf out of the way and drove off I think.
  8. Always sorry to hear of something like this.
  9. RRL still looking good today, but im not holding my breath!
  10. I very much dislike the car in the original post too. You're not alone +2 The normal one isnt too bad, ive seen a couple of them recently, including one on the side of the road broken down with the AA looking at it. I think i prefer the styling of the new camaros tho.
  11. I very much dislike the car in the original post too. You're not alone +2 The normal one isnt too bad, ive seen a couple of them recently, including one on the side of the road broken down with the AA looking at it. I think i prefer the styling of the new camaros tho.
  12. Happy Birthday!
  13. Happy Birthday!
  14. as long as he didnt use it whilst driving.
  15. as long as he didnt use it whilst driving.
  16. Maybe the old guy was in a rush to get home to bid on something on ebay before you got it?!
  17. Maybe the old guy was in a rush to get home to bid on something on ebay before you got it?!
  18. I very very rarely have music on when im driving. Much prefer to hear the engine note and what is going on around me. Ive always been like that. My misus on the other hand never turns her radio off, as soon as you turn the key the radios on before the car even starts. The only time i`ll put the radio on is occasionally if im stuck in traffic, or if im on a long journey. Anyway with my K1 on the zed I cant hear the bose system anyway unless its on full blast.
  19. I very very rarely have music on when im driving. Much prefer to hear the engine note and what is going on around me. Ive always been like that. My misus on the other hand never turns her radio off, as soon as you turn the key the radios on before the car even starts. The only time i`ll put the radio on is occasionally if im stuck in traffic, or if im on a long journey. Anyway with my K1 on the zed I cant hear the bose system anyway unless its on full blast.
  20. Sounds like the ideal colour combination!!! Welcome!
  21. Sounds like the ideal colour combination!!! Welcome!
  22. Excellent!!!! I was with Adrian Flux until a few weeks back, but this year, their prices are coming in more expensive for me.
  23. Excellent!!!! I was with Adrian Flux until a few weeks back, but this year, their prices are coming in more expensive for me.
  24. +1 looks terrible Loving the shut lines +2, that looks very bad indeed. Reminds me of when I was at University and a mate had an old Metro. The new Rover Metro came out which had totally different bodyshape to the old one. My mate bought all the panels and welded them to his ancient metro. The funny thing was, he did a brilliant job. He even had the new shaped lights and resprayed the whole car. The only way you`d know it wasnt a new metro was the reg which was a 1982 one. lol..
  25. +1 looks terrible Loving the shut lines +2, that looks very bad indeed. Reminds me of when I was at University and a mate had an old Metro. The new Rover Metro came out which had totally different bodyshape to the old one. My mate bought all the panels and welded them to his ancient metro. The funny thing was, he did a brilliant job. He even had the new shaped lights and resprayed the whole car. The only way you`d know it wasnt a new metro was the reg which was a 1982 one. lol..
×
×
  • Create New...