-
Posts
5,321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 4RE Leather
-
Are there a lot of pot holes lol? Try taking the negative off the bettery and leave it off for 30 mins or so. Not sure why this seems to work but it always has for me. In an ideal world you would have an arrangement with a Nissan expert to drive the car to them why the lights are on. Then when you arrive leave the car running! At least then it will show up on the fault reader and the problem may be addressed in the correct mannor. My way is just a quick fix. thenoname
-
Some good ideas on here. I am refurbishing Macs for him as the orange pigment will be here soon. I shall put pictures up as I go:) Thenoname
-
Looking for Shell V-Power Petrol in S London area
4RE Leather replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in 350Z General
Dip I actually use it most of the time or Sainsburys, Which ever is the cheapest at the time:) I don't think anyone actually read your post Dip. The shell on the A3 at New Malden had some this morning at 11am. However I did notice that a lot of the 97 octain pumps were coverd? -
I would have been like a dog with a bone. 1st thing I would have done was got in touch with a Solicitor who deals with the car industry. Then fired of an email to the CEO of AXA/Swift asking what kind of a cowboy firm are they running. I could go on but one thing is a must. Always keep photo's of your car as the eye does not lie. The assessors of insurance companies are there for one purpose. To protect the companies money. And when you send the email, cc it to BBC1/watchdog. They will see the cc and start taking you seriously.
-
I was speaking from my personal experience, but doubt if I would use them for running a business car. The price is one of the lowest but then they do boast a 90% NCD as do Swift who are one and the same. I liked the Idea of going on line and being able to change vehicles or registration number. But that was it. They are very slow in answering emails and phone calling is a bit of a lottery. The older staff seem to be very helpful and on the ball, but some of the younger ones can be hard work.
-
what's wrong with the phone they don't bite lol.
-
If you really are worried then give Abbey a call.
-
Had the ECU come on when the tyres size was wrong. But then the car would not go over 20mph either. This latest occasion happened after the handbrake was applied to hard. Not sure why it was difficult to release or even if the 2 incidences are linked. All I know is that when I did release it the hand brake light did not go out and everything else came on. Same thing on my Nissan Pathfinder. Battery disconnect fixed that as well.
-
Looking for Shell V-Power Petrol in S London area
4RE Leather replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in 350Z General
I don't think anyone actually read your post Dip. The shell on the A3 at New Malden had some this morning at 11am. However I did notice that a lot of the 97 octain pumps were coverd? -
I put a post up in the Croyden Valley Park Section as the same thing happened to me for no reason at all. It happend when I 1st got the car and twice since. Plus the previous Zed. It's just a quirk that happens and lots of people have had the same problem. It's fine now but when it kept happening I just took the negative lead of the battery for a few mins and it behaves itself. Give it a try and see what happens. Not saying mine is the best way but it sure is the cheapest. Think that's why Nissan put a keep a 10mm spanner in the tool kit! Thenoname
-
All depends on driving experience, area, profession etc etc... I have only been driving for 4 years[/ l would like to think that the folk on this Forum could work that one out themselves lol
-
AXA and Swift are about the same as that. Before l had the mods I was with AXA paying Monthly £345 total and that was with one claim from a hit and run. Thenoname
-
Interestingly enough. BBC Watch Dog is covering the whole subject of Insurance Quotes in its TV debate this evening. Hit the record all you Valley Park Freaks!
-
I will 2nd this. Seeing as you have insured my car for me:)
-
I see that no one has used AXA via the co compare site for an OEM zed. You might be pleasantly surprised. For modified tri the 2 Insurers who advertise on the Forum. Sky and Christ Knott. They seem to match each others quotes. Thenoname
-
It might help if you give us the overal figure?
-
Go on give us a laugh!
-
This must be classed as "Hidden Compartments"!
-
Sorry I missed this. I bought them without reading the instructions. They are for a pre-face-lift car so should fit a 2004. You need to take a look as I cannot confirm anything as I don't have a 2004 car. I will take them to the car meets as they are cash only no postage due the the aggravation. Thenoname
-
They are black. Ideal for my car. I still want a set of black for mine please!
-
Bloody hell, that will teach me not to check the forum every day!! I NEED one of those carbon gear levers! grumble/mumble You may not have seen it. I did not upload the pictures until late at night!
-
SANTAPOD 7th April Abbey Motorsport in action!
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in 350Z Modifications
Bloody great big ones!!! -
to be honest on this forum we get alot of BS positive reviews on here and a lot of people dont write anything negative about some traders even when the service has been bad as they are worried about slating a big forum trader. i know of lots of issues with some other traders that aren't mentioned on here. In the heat of the moment we can all be negative and write poor reviews. But are we to quick to pass judgement? I am one of the worst offenders and on several occasions when giving a poor review failed to voice my concerns at the time. If you are not happy then try not to be on the back foot. Most dealers will rectify and problems as they do not want bad publicity. But if you don't tell them, how will they be able to put it right. In 38 years of car ownership I have to say that Abbey are up there with the best. Followed by Mehmet the service manager of WLMG at Hanwell. RS Tyres at Coulsdon are right up there as well. Thenoname
-
SANTAPOD 7th April Abbey Motorsport in action!
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in 350Z Modifications
Just to spare a thought for the other guys who were on the drag and had their dreams dashed by the weather. Most of the bikes slipped and skidded and lost a lot of time. This one didn't and although he does not look fast did the quarter in I believe 163mph. The average seemed to be around 147mph whilst I was watching. In the drizzle as well. Its not very good and some guy got in the way at the end but well done. -
SANTAPOD 7th April Abbey Motorsport in action!
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in 350Z Modifications
Sounds interesting! Any more info? I want a launch control lol. umm and a skid control:)