-
Posts
1,540 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by flyboy
-
New batch 2006 Airbox Conversion Kit - Interest List
flyboy replied to flyboy's topic in Member Traders
Just a few more needed folks. -
Pm Bob for a price on his spare 2 as he will have all 4 by sat morning
-
I have a set of 4 going spare including 20 longer studs unused. Dont really want to split them though.
-
I cut a lot of custom cages stuff for them on our Tube Laser. Never know what product for what car I'm making though as its just 3D computer files of lots of tubes and plates LOL.
-
Just use an insurance company which asks for 3 years of history not 5! There are plenty about.
-
Two Weird Zed Questions: a strange noise and a strange feeling
flyboy replied to Stutopia's topic in 350Z Technical
Roundabout side movement could be banana arm bush. Mine used to do that when it was on its way out it was the arm moving about under load. Dose it clunk at low speeds on rough ground? -
Over a hundred of these kits have sold I now have only a few of these kits left and need to make a decision to manufacture more or not. The minimum batch I have to manufacture is 50 kits so I will need to start a list of interested people to see if its viable to get another batch made. I will need to get 10-15 people on the list to continue with these and keep them at the original price. This is what the kit is 2006 Airbox conversion kit (Velocity Stack) £35 + P&P £4.50. (First Class Signed for) This is the ORIGINAL KIT straight from the designer and manufacturer FLYBOY (Martin). Comes with Velocity stack, Silicone, Tie wrap to replace the one you will take off, and a pair of disposable gloves. Comparison Between Post and Pre 06 Air Intakes. Many of you will know that this kit gives the best results as a breathing mod for pre 2006 cars when combined with a quality panel filter. Fitting the kit modifies an early airbox into the 2006 airbox giving a much smoother throttle response, and better breathability, due to less turbulent more aerodynamic airflow to the throttle body. See this thread for DIY fitting viewtopic.php?f=35&t=51962 This is the original thread http://www.350z-uk.c...conversion-kit/ There is plenty about this on the forum search engine and a couple of tuners on here buy the kit to fit to customers cars so it's a proven mod. Lets keep this popular mod going. Please only post in this thread if you want a kit and want to be on the list You can post in the original thread linked above if you want to tell me how good the kit is, how easy to fit, shipping costs to Mongolia etc etc So lets get the list started I Want An Airbox Mod Kit 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Thanks Martin
-
553bhp & 465 lb/ft 370Z Full Amuse with Greddy Twin Turbo
flyboy replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Member Build Projects
Will clearance on the steering column be an issue? -
553bhp & 465 lb/ft 370Z Full Amuse with Greddy Twin Turbo
flyboy replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Member Build Projects
Keep us posted on how easy it is to fit, those numbers with stock internals are crazy, dare you to push to 15psi Wonder how long that would last! -
Hi Hooch, This kit is fitted to the box and cannot be removed. I do sell the kits separately check my sig for the thread details.
-
Stillen gen 3 will mean you have to cut away part of the front panel on both sides to install it. I fitted the Takeda stage 2 long tube CAI which is very similar but does not need the car modifying and is fully reversible. http://afepower.com/....7L&&brandID=78
-
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83732-prices-reduced-350-parts-for-sale/
-
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83732-prices-reduced-350-parts-for-sale/
-
Maybe my battery was low in the first place then as I had the same one.
-
Happy Birthday Martin Have Fun!
-
553bhp & 465 lb/ft 370Z Full Amuse with Greddy Twin Turbo
flyboy replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Member Build Projects
Joking aside. I've ran older Greddy stuff before (TD05's & TD06's) and the difference between them and modern components like newer GTX's, EFR's & Precision duel ball bearing CEA turbos (I run a 5858 now a 6266) is incredible. E.g. sharper on / off throttle response, earlier spool, less lag, stronger power band & better power delivery. I thought or hoped these would have been an option within this sort of kit is what I meant? Cos this kit is what was for sale across the pond. http://www.the370z.com/parts-sale-private-classifieds/90291-370z-greddy-twin-turbo-tuner-kit-brand-new-box.html You didn't hang around with that one was hardly up before you bought it! -
Can we at least get a video of Spain? Have you seen the roaming data charge's these days No video til I get back of anything
-
Hi Ian, I killed my battery in 10 days on the 350 when away as I left it plugged in You should be able to wire it into an ignition live but it may be easier to just splice a toggle switch into the permanent supply, this is what I am going to do on the 370
-
Z logo on mine 2010 GT
-
Should have waited for the video
-
To all those wanting a video READ THE THREAD I fitted it and went to Spain I'm still in Spain I'll be in Spain for another week. The car isn't in Spain Video when I get back
-
The missus made me take it off syncho rev That's how good it is
-
This isn't anything like too quiet
-
370z Takeda intakes fitted - the modding begins.
flyboy replied to flyboy's topic in Member Build Projects
No cutting of the car is needed for this one induction can still be heard over the new exhaust -
Well its on, just a couple of bolts needed cutting and 2 sheared off, otherwise no other fitting problems. I reminded the fitter it was personally imported and to swap the labels as it was meant for a LHD USA car. ie bits with labels "drivers side" to go on the nearside. It looks fine and sounds better. There is a deep bass rumble on start up which settles down to a nice burble. On tick-over its quiet but sounds like a sports car should not like a micra, with overtones of base behind the burble. Once a few revs are applied on load its phenomenal with no doubt that your driving something quite rare, the car now turns heads whereas before it attracted second looks once seen, it now demands attention when out of sight, people now turn to see what it is, but not in a boy racer way if you know what I mean. On lift off, there are overrun pops and the syncro rev is now very noticeable as there is a big difference in tone and volume when shifting down. When going through the gears there is a quite pronounced rasp at 2500rpm for a second as the revs climb, which then disappears to be replaced with a growl. I have only done 10 miles on my 3 mile trip back from work but already know my MPG are going to suffer for a while as I am down shifting and accelerating just to hear the sound of the car. I'm off to Spain in the morning for a week so cant get any pics or video up till I get back but meantime my three word review would be GET ONE NOW !