Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Cheers mate...it's really easy to get off, I did a search on here and nobody really mentioned the removal process so just worked it out myself. First remove the two bits of plastic trim to the left and right of the piece you're wrapping, these are just attached with clips so stick your fingers under and pull. Then the two remaining bits of trim still touching the silver cover need to be pulled away from it (ie. just pull them back away from the cover). Finally, the cover simply pops off itself...it does need a good tug to get the clips out, so don't be shy with it. Refitting is simply the reverse, but the two top bits of trim are a bit tricky to relocate...you'll work it out though! Cheers, 30 second job! Now to get wrapping, it will do until I get a proper CF one
  2. Very easy mate, it's the first thing I've wrapped and I did it right first time. Just cut the vinyl roughly to size, remove the backing and lay the cover onto the sticky side. Then use a hairdryer to heat the vinyl up (I don't have one around so had the oven on, popping either end in for 5 seconds to soften the vinyl) then smooth out and it takes shape really well. I'm looking around the cabin now to find more things to wrap...I really want to do the bits on the door handles with the window controls on!! I did my whole interior in DiNoc, but it was a bit dull really so I took it all off, would look good on the door handles though, someone on here has wrapped theirs have a search if you want piccies
  3. Very nice, can you give a quick guide to removing the cover to wrap it as I have some DiNoc stuff laying around collecting dust and I have a nasty scratch on my cover...
  4. If you want an improvement in sound, save a few more pennies and get a JWT Pop Charger, about £120
  5. Just do what I did and say that it is an essential safety feature....
  6. Exhaust can be left in place when removing the gearbox to swop out the clutch;) Cheers Alex, thought I read somewhere it had to be at least partially removed. Will be in touch after payday
  7. Lovely m8, oh and before someone else says it, invest in a set of 20/25mm spacers, £200 from CS, you will be amazed at the difference
  8. I do prefer the Vtec power style where it just keeps on pulling but agree on something like a 2.0l engine its a bit pants, however the S54 in the M3 had the same characteristics but the engine was strong enough at lower revs not to have that problem. Its not a major issue and as I don't thrash my cars most of the time I probably won't even notice it day to day ! Not really a just comparison, but yeah I agree the Z engine is not the sportiest but for me its all about the noise and the looks First time my missus drover the Z on her own she said she will have to be careful as she looked down and was doing a fair bit over the limit, she hasn't driven it much since then
  9. That is very true, my 2.0 TDI feels quicker at times, but as you say the Z is just goes and goes. I was on my way back home today on the M25 and thought I was in 6th doing 70, planted my foot down and shot off like a rocket.... I was actually in 5th must turn my music down a little.....
  10. Depends what your used to I suppose, if you like vtec type engines that you have to rev the nuts off to get any torque the you shouldn't have bought a Z The whole thing with the Z is you dont have to give it the beans there is power all the time, it certainly isnt peaky, sure you will learn to love not having to change down so often to get some
  11. Cheers guys, thought as much just wanted some reassurance, Alex gonna PM you about the clutch kit after I get paid thursday been quoted £240 for Abbey to fit it and happy to leave it in theor very capable hands Only decision is should I get exhaust done at the same time, I'm sure I read somewhere that the exhaust has to come off anyway to replace the clutch???
  12. It is a nice pic....but shame about lack of spacers - that angle really highlights the need for them at the rear The quality of the photo makes it all so forgivable!! Agreed it's a stunning pic, but with the 25m spacer in my pic it looks so much
  13. spursmaddave

    Hand Brake

    My hand brake was pretty useless until I got it sorted when I had a service but I have a quick question. Having only briefly test driven other Z's this may be fairly normal... When I move the car after it has been parked there is a clunk from the rear of the car, at first I thought it was a clicky back axle but I don't think it is, as I don't get any noise any other time. Anyone got any ideas, I have tried moving forwards and backwards slowly with the windows down and no noise, just this clunk when I reverse from parked, am I worrying for nothing?
  14. I've got the genuine luggage net, jdm performance do them with free delivery, not cheap but then why run a car like a Z then buy a 99p boot net? I wouldn't get a cheapo tonneau I got one and complete piece of rubbish, bit of wood with cheap vinyl wrapped badly on it, save up and get the oem one it's a 1,000,000 times better, but again not cheap. I think I still have the pbannister one in my shed, if anyone wants it just ask as otherwise it's going to the dump!
  15. got a nasty one a couple of weeks back, got a touch up kit from zmanalex gonna have a go at it and the 1,000,000's on my bonnet and front bumper... some **** pinched all 4 of my valve caps today too, didnt think i needed to do them up.... only £5 on eBay could have been worse i guess!
  16. I agree the iPad is a bit pointless and it's not even a phone, but we are talking about the new iPhone 4 i think
  17. Nowhere near as good a pic as above.... im so glad i waited and got an Azure, so nearly bought a gunmetal a week before.... phew!
  18. Too true, instead of moaning why not get off your own **** and do it yourself, otherwise wait and see what happens
  19. I got an Azure touch up kit for zmanalex for £8 inc postage, small bottle of paint and clear coat too. Genuine Nissan part.
  20. Have you put 2p in each side, mine always took 2 pops and I thought it was just normal, but 2 minutes and 4p later it works fine
  21. i have an urge to ram people who use 2 bays. its annoying, especially if thats the only space left Definitely, I once saw 2 Audi's parked over the lines at local Tesco and when I came out someone had parked a Corsa inbetween them classic! To be honest I reckon someone parked like that is more likely to get someone damaging their car than if they parked considerately in the first place!
  22. Hope you and the others get it sorted out ASAP, but £82 for a badge I reckon you were stung either way!!
  23. I have the same unit, excellent HU and sounds superb with the standard speakers and sub
×
×
  • Create New...