-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
you just threw that in because im getting a carbon boot and wing
-
decats ftw , hfc's even though they are less restrictive than normal cats will never be as good for power gains than decats. Decats are just straight through bits of pipe with no restrictions.
-
re040s are fantastic as they can take a serious amount of heat before melting but to get them upto temp it takes a fair amount of work. Pzero rosso's wore out on the rear in less than 3k miles. PS2's are fantastic but wear quickly. I have re050a's on the rear and i don't really like them except in the dry. Very slippy in the wet. I do have the traction control of alot more now and like to get my tail out every now and then I think next time im gonna try out some dunlop tyres which captain was recommending
-
My flexis on my nismo y-pipe act as a bump stop to tell me when the ground is getting very close to my bum
-
I am arrogant and admit it. All the advice given to you was helpful by everyone involved in this thread. You chose to ignore the helpful advice given. Good Luck
-
Lol Craig can have it, since he's a fellow ghetto brother! How's that for being a gentleman It won't match my carbon boot and high level wing that I'll be ordering after the holidays.
-
I don't know what to do... Looked at the weather and next Thursday has to be a wet one. Dunno if i fancy another episode of re040's on the rain. May leave it until next week and see how the weather is shaping up. Can't make tomorrow night either due to work
-
Hi all! back in the forums scene!
Neilp replied to dannyboy107's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome mate! Where are you located? No need for revup airbox as rtbiscuit can supply the conversion kit at a fraction of the price Get some pics up when you get a minute and show her off -
Lmao I disagree, I think craigs car would look the business with race livery especially if it's the one he showed me! There's only a couple of more steps before I've got him on track with it. Lowering is the next thing he should do
-
Glad you got it sorted matey and back to happy zedding again
-
I disagree dave 99ron v-power is all I can use
-
see ya mate, don't trip over the smartprice boxes on the way out
-
Actually its toyosport or toyosports' if you want to become literate. What do you mean stones and glass houses? The only cheap thing on my car is the scorpion exhaust. I was being patronising. Too many people adding crap parts to decent cars then complain when it breaks. If people buy a car and can't afford to run it correctly then if I was in there shoes I'd be considering something I could run. However, You making the assumption that all corsa drivers are chavs then that's in pretty poor taste Keviswatt -- dry you eyes mate. I drive a datsun certainly no badge snobbery. People who are angry at what I said are usually people who have done what I'm talking about. If you can't afford to look after it correctly then you clearly should have a cheaper car.
-
Where did i call anyone a chav??? First off- scorpion isn't spelt scorpian Scorpion is cheap I admit, but tried and tested, but along with the rest of the set up which I have im easily on the way to the 1k Mark. I've built my car and engine to suit what I need it for hence the reason the scorpions getting chopped up to be replaced with different diameter pipe etc. As for the comment about alex, I've very rarely bought stuff from alex except fluids oh yeah and kw variant 3 coilovers. I get off on calling people a chav because too many people are putting shitey stuff on decent cars, which is partly the reason why recently we've had a massive joining of knobs complaining they got smoked by an astra vxr. The prices have plummeted allowing people to buy them that cant really afford to run them. The day I can't afford stuff for the running of my car is the day I will sell it and downgrade to something I can afford. Sounds like I've hit a nerve... Have you bought shitey parts aswell??? :lol: Japspeed exhausts are known as cheap shite, scorpion however has a very good rep because of quality and price. And for you questioning if I have a premium exhaust, I did have a nismo exhaust. Sounds like I hit your nerves. Do you have a toyosports exhaust by anychance??? No offence, but you did. Perhaps you're right. Not everyone will appreciate the running cost of most cars, not just a zed. However, I honestly don't think that not 'maintaining' my exhaust is why the join between the two sections corroded. I would say it was more likely to do with being 6 or 7 years old, the British weather, road salts and it being made from steel. Oh, and I've only owned this zed a few weeks. If the previous owner had cleaned his exhaust more often then I might not be having to deal with this now. Now I come to think of it he did say he was selling it because he couldn't afford to maintain it any more... ...I take back what I said, maybe you were on to something! These thing happen to all cars, I've owned enough (race cars and others) to know this. If I had a Metro or a Masarrati I would still say my mantra 'stupid cars'! I agree that some things are cheap for a reason but I would also call any man a fool who believed just because a product cost him more than another, that automatically makes it better. From what I read about these toyosport exhausts they're good value for money but can require some modification. If you're up for that then a saving of 50% seems like a good idea to me.
-
It's cheap shite mate! Why buy such a nice car and bastardise it with such shitty products??? If you buy a second hand exhaust like you said you would consider then what's to say it won't break at the weld also? I bought a cheap exhaust, purely because the scorpions warranty was a bit of comforter. The price you will pay to get a toyosports exhaust fitted correctly will end up almost the same as what it would cost for a decent exhaust to be bought and fitted. It's the same with bodykits. Listen to the wise words of people who have been there and done it. Too many people turning zeds into sh1theaps with cheap shitey Chinese replicated crap. When you buy the toyosports exhaust at 250quid you can join the "I'm turning a decent zed in to a shed club" and hang out at local cruises with corsa's with plastic bits stuck onto it. Premium parts = premium performance. Fact With full performance exhaust on insurance I went up 12quid No offence, but you did. Perhaps you're right. Not everyone will appreciate the running cost of most cars, not just a zed. However, I honestly don't think that not 'maintaining' my exhaust is why the join between the two sections corroded. I would say it was more likely to do with being 6 or 7 years old, the British weather, road salts and it being made from steel. Oh, and I've only owned this zed a few weeks. If the previous owner had cleaned his exhaust more often then I might not be having to deal with this now. Now I come to think of it he did say he was selling it because he couldn't afford to maintain it any more... ...I take back what I said, maybe you were on to something! These thing happen to all cars, I've owned enough (race cars and others) to know this. If I had a Metro or a Masarrati I would still say my mantra 'stupid cars'! I agree that some things are cheap for a reason but I would also call any man a fool who believed just because a product cost him more than another, that automatically makes it better. From what I read about these toyosport exhausts they're good value for money but can require some modification. If you're up for that then a saving of 50% seems like a good idea to me.
-
Happy birthday Carla, I thought you were supposed to be at the other end of the camera dont you be letting paul start modelling haha, my modelling days are long behind me! I was thinking more of getting Paul with his double denim outfit & snapping that instead lmao!!! get them up on the forum!
-
Happy birthday Carla, I thought you were supposed to be at the other end of the camera dont you be letting paul start modelling
-
Currently being discussed by the team while we make sure the forum is now stable without it btw, can recommend looking into xmpp and integrate that with the web frontend first prize to the swedish god! Chat is epic and looks very very trendy Very simples to use aswell
-
I got my own chat going did you miss that ? oo i forgot about your email... going now
-
welcome to the club
-
holy thread revival dude!!!
-
my guess is that it keeps breaking down as you wont spend decent money on stuff for it. This isnt a dig soley at you but too many people are running these good sports cars into the ground by scrimping on them. I track my car regularly and havent had a thing break on it yet. As said before "buy cheap buy twice" spend the extra, and it will last you much longer. The 120quid is half as much again, but the scorpion at circa 400 quid is still a third of the price of a nissan exhaust let alone the nismo exhaust. You should really consider spending the extra, if the running costs are too high then maybe the zed isnt the car for you in this current economic downturn. Not meaning to sound like an arse but this is happening far too often. Because there is alot of zeds in the 10k price bracket people buy them thinking yeah its a cheap car and dont consider the running costs. I could afford an r35 gtr but i certainly couldnt afford to run it. No point being cheap on the zed as you could buy a second hand exhaust and it could blow within a week. 400 quid for an exhaust with lifetime guarantee is fantastic. A set of tyres costs 3 times that. Rant over
-
i have been around r35's for a while with mates owning them and then zmanalex having his at knockhill. The r35 is cracking car but for me it lacks the character that the r34 gtr has. Its not raw and wild. Its more refined and eligant. For me i'd buy an r34 gtr first.