Jump to content

Vik54

Members
  • Posts

    7,471
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vik54

  1. Welcom to the forum The problem with CDs is common and will persist until the unit is completely warmed up. You can get them refurbed but most people just replace with aftermarket
  2. start watching Blue Peter again!
  3. another female in the club...nice one
  4. Hon - I'd save your brake fluid - it can't have done that many miles since you did the lines - wasn't that just a few months back? How about an engine flush too ? Then stick a magnetic sump plug in I think perhaps the advice on the diff oil will be leave well alone - ditto the gearbox unless you're wanting to add some molyslip What's the mileage on yours?
  5. Great attitude Rich! Quite right too In current climate it'd be immoral to do anything else - I've been doing the job of a grade above me for the last 12 months for no more dosh in the hope that the project pulls through the cuts (looking very doubtful). But then people like Rich and myself didn't choose our professions for the money - knew I should've stuck to Economics But when I'm talking pay rises - I'm only talking inflation related -not an actual increment - its not a 'bonus' and it is written into my contract. I've been sat at the top of my scale for the last two years which means if I don't get the 1% or whatever (which BTW is applied to public sector salary scales two years after its measured so is irrelevant in real terms) I'm still earning the same even though cost of living has gone up 7%. As Rich says its just a sign of the times and we just have to get on with it and be thankful to have a job. I know that come April it is very likely the zed is gonna have to go
  6. dinnae be daft - no fight! I just get a bit sick of the media tarring frontline staff with the same brush as Elected members who have usually just walked off the farm and think they know how to deliver public services The real criminals are Central Govt thinking one formula spending will fit at local level Anyway back to parking tickets - as far as the OP is concerned I think I'd fight that ticket too
  7. If this story is true then its bang out of order - but I would assume its the usual sensationalist reporting trying to link two totally unrelated instances. I think if you put in a freedom of info request in you'd probably find that its something like Butteries were perhaps provided for elected members who were entertaining foreign dignitaries or companies and that the bus to the cemetary was costing circa £40k a year to run including a driver. (that's a conservative estimate based on previous experience!) I highly doubt that butteries were being ordered for staff meetings Stew no council in its right mind even allows staff to have tea and coffee in meetings never mind order food! This is because every penny must be accounted for - and the media just loves a bun fight! D'you know we even have to consider carefully what we're going to do for team building activities incase they're seen as too decadent! Its like a fickin witchunt Frontline staff are knocking their pans in and constantly being told to do more with less and all the while working for frozen salaries that private sector employees would laugh at. Just want to make sure that people who don't work in the public sector understand that there is a vast difference between the actions of 'Elected Members' and frontline staff who are simply trying to do their jobs with constantly dwindling resources
  8. Jim that was far too easy
  9. Cheers Ian, completely understand mate you have had a terrible end to the year Our club has been renamed the Brokeback, Manlove Dipstick Club Although we do have a female member but that is just to adhere to EU regulations *Ahem*
  10. Welcome to the forum That's particularly low mileage for a 2004 - nice find!
  11. Hi - welcome to the forum Happy zed shopping
  12. vid vid vid-eee-oh
  13. I got one too yesterday But I know who sent them
  14. From Rich - Rtbiscuit
  15. Caps and stubby gone Can I not tempt anyone with my knob?
  16. PM replied to
  17. Some goodies for your perusal - all things purchased through the forum that I'll never get round to using and want to raise cash for more performance mods I will combine P&P on multiple purchases. Cheapest method of postage I am prepared to use is Royal mail 2nd class recorded - other than that I will use whatever method the buyer indicates. First PM secures Nismo Titanium Knob - £125 plus P&P Nismo 380 RS pedal £40 - plus P&P Cup Holder £20 - plus P&P
  18. welcome to the forum Dunno about Cobb for the 350z You basically have two options 1. An Uprev ECU map - around £400 improves throttle response, fuel economy and low-mid range torque and maybe a few ponies 2. D1 throttle controller - around £120 - several settings to open and restrict your throttle
  19. ha ha yes I did ....... and I was sober ......... IMO a 350 in Azure beats a 370 in Le Mans hands down Of course it does its just they didn't make them in Azure after 2007
  20. You sure Hugh? Did you have your specs on?
  21. Must've been a very late registered or re-sprayed car to be an Azure on a 59 plate Or was it a 370 in Le Mans blue?
  22. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! Have a good one Rich
  23. Wow this thread has certainly spiralled since last night ! I really don’t think this debate has anything to do with being a ‘muesli eating greenie’ or ‘a toff’ – IMHO neither should it be influenced by if you have a so called right to comment because of where you live – we ALL live in a western democracy and therefore ALL have the right to speak out and (attempt) to influence policy. Though, I too get annoyed by life-long townies bleating on about animal rights I’m no tree hugging greenie – I love my V6 and I eat and wear animal products – I got the tree hugging vegetarian thing out my system in my late teens – all whilst living in middle England in the heart of Pytchley Hunt territory. I followed hounds on foot (Hounds aren’t going anywhere if you’ve got a packet of choccie digestives BTW! ) witnessed a kill and took part in ‘country pursuits’ along with all the other Young Farmers (the vast majority of whom could certainly never be called ‘toffs’ ). When horses died they went to the hunt for meat. I’ve seen the state of a chicken coop after a fox – the coop wasn’t fit for purpose I’d happily shoot a fox (if I had the skill to get a clean shot) – same as I’ve bashed bunnies on the head (when you realise you’ve got about 500 on a 20 acre piece of land something has to be done)- and I always go back to check animals are dead if I’ve run them over. Bottom line is Hunting has never actually stopped since the ban – it continues all over the country – they just have to ensure to the best of their ability there’s no live kill by the pack. There is no reason the ‘sport’ can’t continue – so I don’t know what all the hullaballoo is about Oh and I really don’t see how you can possibly compare shooting with hunting – where there are people prepared to pay for shoots there will always be business. As Colin says – lets stay on topic
  24. I just posted while Gary was logged in!
×
×
  • Create New...