Clutch pedal not returning like usual?

parello9

Ok so the clutch pedal isnt coming back up like it usually is after a spirited drive round the countryside

Had to pull the pedal back up with my foot!

Would this be the common slave cyclinder problem? What have people done to fix this issue?

Ive got Trax on sunday rememebr too!

Will it need an upgraded part or standard?

Will a standard part just not do the same? Car is only covered just over 30k miles?

Just replace the clutch fluid first. Worked for me. Cooked mine on the Autobahn. It was black! Dealer bled and replaced the fluid and to my surprise after a mad blast up and down the autobahn, I'm talking foot to the floor for a good hour, the clutch was fine. The test drive cost more than the fluid change :lol:

The car was 4 years old when I bought it and I'm assuming the clutch fluid had never been changed. Done a few mountains and Autobahns since and its still perfect.

Sounds like the fluid to me I'd go with the above and change it first then if it is still a problem look at the slave cylinder.

I'd use motul 660 or RBF 1000 :thumbs:

• Like 1

Mine did this on the day I bought it- mileage was 36k at the time. I sh.. myself as I thought the clutch had gone. Anyway, it hasn't done it since! And that was 3 months ago.

Just replace the clutch fluid first. Worked for me. Cooked mine on the Autobahn. It was black! Dealer bled and replaced the fluid and to my surprise after a mad blast up and down the autobahn, I'm talking foot to the floor for a good hour, the clutch was fine. The test drive cost more than the fluid change :lol:

The car was 4 years old when I bought it and I'm assuming the clutch fluid had never been changed. Done a few mountains and Autobahns since and its still perfect.

What maximum velocity was achieved within 60 minutes of full throttle autobahn fun?!