95% certain I'll put down a deposit for a 350Z Nismo tomorrow

geg1992

But thought I'd come on here and get a bit of advice first! So thanks for any replies...

My first question is with regards to servicing.

This particular example has 38K miles and is 10 years old. During this time it has had 7 services. At one point there was a 3 year gap between the services during which it covered 10K miles. Should I be concerned? I personally don't think I should be too concerned, I worry about re-sale however.

The car is also a Nismo, but doesn't have Nismo exhaust or rear bumper?? Not sure if the rear bumper was on all of them. Do I have to declare the Nismo kit to the insurers or just type in the reg and it will be fine?

It's a 2005, 55 plate. The insurers show it as a 276bhp, but it should be 296, is that correct?

I worry about rust too, any advice would be good!

Thanks for your help, I'll try to think of more questions!

Don't worry, deleted the extra posts

If it doesn't have the full nismo kit it won't be an original nismo. Exhaust may have been changed as the nismo exhaust was a little quiet but sounded good.

If the car is an original nismo you won't need to notify the insurer as it was standard but if it has a non standard kit on its counted as modified and you should notify them.

55 plate will be 276bhp

Good luck with the purchase

• Like 1

Hi and welcome.

There is only one genuine nismo 350z in the uk I'm afraid, you might be the lucky one though a link /pic would help. If Like mine what this will have fitted is the optional factory fitted nismo aero kit which included front bumper side skirts rear spats on the standard rear bumper and rear wing. On a 2005 this will be the V1 kit, and 19" LMGT4 wheels if your lucky.

Nismo exhaust wasn't an option in the UK so that would explain that.

As for Bhp 276 is correct unless it's a 2006 facelift Rev up model which would be 296.

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1

Looks in good nik but doesn't look like an original nismo to me. Wrong wheels, no badge, not sure on the rear

The badges got taken off. I know the guy, it's in great condition but I worry for insurance and re-sale!

Often the cost of the zed isn't the main issue its runnig costs with insurance, fuel servicing etc. account for it all before the purchase. Sometimes I see new young members buy a car then find insurance costs are all astronomical. Good luck with the purchase, the car does look in good condition.

Where are the nismo wheels?

Often the cost of the zed isn't the main issue its runnig costs with insurance, fuel servicing etc. account for it all before the purchase. Sometimes I see new young members buy a car then find insurance costs are all astronomical. Good luck with the purchase, the car does look in good condition.

Where are the nismo wheels?

The insurance is only £650-700 which isn't bad at all! Don't worry, I've planned enough for the costs :) Thank you! I just don't understand if I should declare it as a standard car or not, as if the kit is on from factory then it's standard I think I read somewhere?

Looks tidy. Ad says factory fitted kit so right there and standard exhaust by the looks of it, got it wrong about the Bhp though.

Yep! The exhausts are standard, but that's better for me as I have tinnitus! That's a shame, I thought the later 2005 may have had the more powerful engine.

By genuine nismo I'm assuming he/she means factory fitted Which was an option from new. If it's genuine then the bumpers will be fibreglass. It should also flag up to the insurer if it was fitted at factory so no need to worry.

By genuine nismo I'm assuming he/she means factory fitted Which was an option from new. If it's genuine then the bumpers will be fibreglass. It should also flag up to the insurer if it was fitted at factory so no need to worry.

Sorry, maybe I'm more of a noob than I realised. Yes, factory fitted. Is there anywhere that will prove it was factory fitted? Thanks! So only after-factory parts need to be declared? Apart from that it's completely standard which is nice.

Hi and welcome.

There is only one genuine nismo 350z in the uk I'm afraid, you might be the lucky one though a link /pic would help. If Like mine what this will have fitted is the optional factory fitted nismo aero kit which included front bumper side skirts rear spats on the standard rear bumper and rear wing. On a 2005 this will be the V1 kit, and 19" LMGT4 wheels if your lucky.

Nismo exhaust wasn't an option in the UK so that would explain that.

As for Bhp 276 is correct unless it's a 2006 facelift Rev up model which would be 296.

nissan have the nismo tucked away in a bubble in there warehouse, i did find a picture of it not so long ago

edit it was a year ago

10410125_10154950990985508_7358021495906532153_n.jpg?oh=2aeb4245fde951c30b44cb773f70897c&oe=5626114C

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Looks tidy. Ad says factory fitted kit so right there and standard exhaust by the looks of it, got it wrong about the Bhp though.

Yep! The exhausts are standard, but that's better for me as I have tinnitus! That's a shame, I thought the later 2005 may have had the more powerful engine.

Still has plenty of power. I've declared all my factory fitted extras, body kit and wheels and it doesn't make all that much difference, don't worry.

Still has plenty of power. I've declared all my factory fitted extras, body kit and wheels and it doesn't make all that much difference, don't worry.

I'll have a look now. I'm only 22 so could make a huge difference!

Scrap that, there's an option for factory fitted body kit, not much difference at all!

I assume by body kit it means everything, as there's a separate option for Skirts etc?

Try Admiral, that's who I'm with. Gives you a list of Mods on there website.

Try Admiral, that's who I'm with. Gives you a list of Mods on there website.

Thanks! Only £700 for a 22 year old, not bad.

Admiral group do not cover your mods fully, even if you take out the optional protection pack. Be careful guys, sometimes the cheapest isn't always the best. :)

For insuring something like the Zed being discussed, that's not something I'd do on-line. Give them a call and discuss it direct, get them to confirm what they want to know and then get that in writing. Takes 10mins, but could save you £10K.

• Like 1

I've got a genuine factory fitted NISMO N1 kit. Basically the easiest way to verify if its a genuine kit is to remove the engine Undertray and behind the number plate area there'll be a sticker that's fibreglassed into the bumper. The sticker will consist of a NISMO logo with the red 'o' and a hand written long number which consists of various letters and numbers. Also the genuine front bumper will have the headlight washer jets and the required mechanism and also a toeing eye with a black rubber grommet