More 3d Printing - Gaming fans take a look

neo-ninja

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would share an update, work recently got a 3d printer and I have been messing about with a few things, and a few prototypes for stuff.

I made a few Destiny Ghosts (if you are a Destiny fan), thought I would share them as they look pretty cool. Made a few for mates. Its not my design but a template from someone online (so I cant take any credit sadly), but the way its put together its awesome.

The wings are attached by magnets and the eye is an LED.

il_570xN.790339321_1syg.jpg

il_570xN.790582230_jt5m.jpg

il_570xN.790582250_t8q4.jpg

il_570xN.792118978_g8wo.jpg

il_570xN.791881357_7xne.jpg

Also made a few life size Witcher medallions.

il_570xN.781832551_ikb6.jpg

Its not my design but a template from someone online (so I cant take any credit sadly)

Looks cool. What software do you use to design the parts or did you download a model?

RTFP :D

Edited by AliveBoy

I would rather a 3d printer Sad Keanu

http://www.theatlant...g-story/276256/

That's done using a 3D systems Z corp printer.

If you want one done of yourself some Asda stores actually have them now so you can pay to be 3D scanned and they'll make a model of yourself. My local Asdas does it (Coryton, Cardiff), ...think it's around £60 for an adult & £40 for a child. The figures are around 4 inches tall from what I remember.

We have a Z corp printer in work and it is a cool bit of kit although I prefer SLA machines. B);)

I want a black ghost!!! Now do I want a green, blue, white or red LED haha :p

They're awesome dude. Reckon you'd sell em?

Sure bud, I don't want to break any forum selling rules so will PM you.

I use a few bits of software in the process (123design, and Cura) but like I said these arnt my design I have mearly taken some clever sods design messed with it a tiny weany bit and then printed it.

Thanks for the feedback peeps, 3d printing is actually on the whole pretty stressful when its not working but amazing when it is.

The tech is pretty amazing but actually incredibly simple and because of that it means things go wrong ALOT I would say.

Like on a normal printer you just press print and hey presto it comes out 99% of the time if you have ink and paper perfect. On a 3d printer you need to think about detail you want, speed of printing, heat of printer head, level printing bed, heat of glass etc.. and even then something simple can make it all go wrong.

But like I said when it works its amazing! and great fun. I am just messing about on the work machine but have started selling a few bits over the last week (basically to pay for the filament that I want to buy and some wear and tear). Work are cool that they let me use it to build up skills etc..