370z steering wheel retrofitted into 350z

Mikevv

As the title states, I am wondering if it can be done for a realistic amount of money/time?

I have seen some people do it, but I'm worried it will be a money pit or pointless.

I mean time, if I can do it myself ( worried about wiring airbags tbh ) would be fine, get it done over a weekend, but if it's gonna cost me like £1000 why bother?

I will attach the pictures I am thinking about having put in, when I eventually get my zed.

I drove a 370z and LOVED the wheel.

The other option would be to re trim the wheel and have it made fatter like a forum member who's name escapes me right now, again I will attach pictures

let me know what you all think, I can't decide between the carbon fibre and the centre stripe but again COST IS AN ISSUE :(

Edited by Mikevv

Why don't you customise your existing wheel also you could incorporate a flat bottom that would look cool. :)

Cause I don't own a Zed and feel a BMW 3 series wheel would look a bit odd ;)

But I get your point, I was just bored last night at work haha I sorta dig the flat bottom wheels too, especially one carbon is mixed in there :teeth:

As the title states, I am wondering if it can be done?

Erm...

I have seen some people do it

...I'm going to say; yes, if it has been done, it probably can be done. Just a wild stab in the dark though, you understand.

:stir:

I realised what I did soon after posting hahaha. Well put.

I just meant is it realistic? Like people have gone to the moon, but can I go ? :stir: :stir:

I get your point, was a silly point :) I'll edit it now for you :)

Huh? The 350z wheel is nicer than the 370z (Nismo or otherwise). It has a thinner rim, made from leather rather than leather / alcantara blend (which just doesn't work). It has more easily accessible switches and a nicer finish around the spokes where the 370 has rough plastic edges to the rear.

Bizarre...

I read a thread on the American site about this. It can be done but this guy ended up having to become an electronic engineer to figure out how I'm sure lol.

He would manage to get the airbag system to work which would then knock off his controls and vice versa.

Good luck if you try this and do a write up but I think I'd be re trimming my wheel for ease.

I read a thread on the American site about this. It can be done but this guy ended up having to become an electronic engineer to figure out how I'm sure lol.

He would manage to get the airbag system to work which would then knock off his controls and vice versa.

Good luck if you try this and do a write up but I think I'd be re trimming my wheel for ease.

Based on that, I will look at a re trim instead. I can't do wiring, and the headache it would cause is not worth it haha.

You guys can lock the thread or delete it now

• 2 weeks later...