New to 350Z

Christophe

Hey guys

So I'm thinking of getting a 350z whilst I can. Don't know much about them so wondered if people could give me a few tips on what to look out for.

Budget is 7k - 8k and ideally want no older than 2005. Don't want convertible.

Are all the engines the same from when they first got made to end of line? Also what year are the facelifts from? Anything that generally goes wrong with them ie cambelts need replacing at all at certain mileage/years etc?

As for costs how much is car tax a year and what mpg are you averaging.

Sorry for bombarding with questions, just want to get an idea what i'm getting into :)

Found this which seemed decent. Is that a good example? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201505313919763/sort/pricedesc/quicksearch/true/price-from/500/channel/cars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/350_z/postcode/hg15ad/radius/1500/make/nissan/usedcars/page/7?logcode=p

Anything else would be much appreciated. :thumbs:

Will be putting mine up for sale tonight. Both on this forum and Pistonheads.

It's a 2004 Gunmetal GT, 57k miles, will likely put it up for around £7k

Drop me a PM if your interested. Happy to send info.

The 07-09 models have the most powerful engines from the 350z range (313bhp) Im not very clued up on the earlier models as mines an 08.

Get one with the least miles on it and possibly an unmodified version to give you a nice blank canvas should you wish to mod it.

The road tax on the pre 2006 cars is 350 quid (I think), 2006 and above its 500 quid.

My average combined mpg currently is about 25 but on the Motorway around 32-33mpg.

Hope this helps you in some way mate and welcome to the forum ;)

• Like 1

Hi Christof mines up for sake on here sadly love it for a year but it's wasted on my mileage and my journey to work is now so short it'd ruin her!

Low mileage 06 non modified will come down a tiny bit from asking of 8k so be pleased to see you if you'd like a look. I'm in Wiltshire. Sorry should have put this in a pm but it's done now!

Whichever Zed you end up with you'll really rely enjoy it! That's a promise😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and my son who's a Ferrari technician commented when I got the Zed 'yeah they are pretty bullet proof reliability wise' and I get 24-30mpg depending on length of trips if you keep the revs up it will drink it! But that's the beauty of the Zed speed power and handling when you want it and comfort plus easy motoring when just pootling about 😇

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brill thanks guys. Can't really buy one till autumn time as still saving up. Just trying to explore options and stuff.

wow £500 on tax. Pretty hefty. Does anything need changing on them at a certain point at all?

Brill thanks guys. Can't really buy one till autumn time as still saving up. Just trying to explore options and stuff.

wow £500 on tax. Pretty hefty. Does anything need changing on them at a certain point at all?

Unfortunately its the price you pay for driving an uncommon, powerful, fun and good lucking car, but I can tell you its worth every penny to own something unique to the masses.

Edited by jonty88

Welcome to the worlds friendliest forum bud you will get a lot of help from the guys here.

Your budget is awesome and will pretty much get you what you want, dont rush in and buy any 350z though as you will probably fall in love with the first one you drive like I almost did, i looked at 7 before i brought mine.

The tax on my 350 is £290 for the year i believe im not 100%as i pay by D/D so it works out more over the year.

Also be prepared to spend lots on mods, its called Zeditis