Pro's & Cons

06's started on March 1st 2006 but higher tax rate started on the 23rd March 2006. Consequently, there will be a few 06's at the lower rate but keeping in mind there was a new model available on April 1st 2006 then something like 95% will be the higher rate.

Pete

Just simply crazy tax pricing for what is essentially the same car/engine but good luck to those who have ZEDs first registered before 23/3/2006.

• Like 1

06's started on March 1st 2006 but higher tax rate started on the 23rd March 2006. Consequently, there will be a few 06's at the lower rate but keeping in mind there was a new model available on April 1st 2006 then something like 95% will be the higher rate.

Pete

Just simply crazy tax pricing for what is essentially the same car/engine but good luck to those who have ZEDs first registered before 23/3/2006.

As I remember it.................The higher tax rate was meant to apply to all vehicles, however, under pressure from manufacturers and the motor trade in general the government of the time backed down and set the date for the higher tax rate from 23rd March 2006. I don't know why that date was chosen, I'm sure I did at one time though :blush: . Anyhow, I do remember that the lower tax rate was meant to be temporary, although after 9 years I guess there's little chance of it changing now.

Pete

I've had a 06 Zed and a 07 Zed,

The first was a Revup and the second is a HR.

Loved both, the HR was more my bag though.

Tax was high on both but you factor it in to the enjoyment and budget it every year.

They are beautiful cars, Comfortable but fairly nimble.

Budget for your first year for the below

Tyres (MPSS)

Brakes (Discs and Pads)

Exhaust

High Flow Cats

Wheel Refurb

Because you will replace them.

The stock exhaust is depressing (Really depressing!)

Brakes... Get something meaty!

Tyres, MPSS are awesome and every zed should have them

Wheel refurb, I'm yet to find a zed with a standard wheel paint that doesn't need them.

You'll enjoy every minute

Edited by CJRamze
  • Like 1

Massive thanks for all the replies and messages, i really appreciate the time taken by people to help.

Once i have sold the 7 i'm sure i will have more questions.

Thanks again

Regards

Bob

Welcome to the forum. I've had my Zed for three years now, its gone through each MOT with no advisories and other than servicing the only cost i've incurred is for an O/S window motor although i got a cheque back as it was under warranty. The N/S window motor i fixed using a set of brushes from Maplins. Happy hunting.

• Like 1