Junction 17 Peterborough - My Experience

ConnorW06

Not quite Neil. Warranty company told Connor he hadn't purchased the correct warranty product, Junction17 told him they didn't know of the warranty product being refered to by the company. I think the meeting was intended to educate Junction17 on what products they should be offering customers like Connor instead of spouting their usual "this is the best warranty you can buy, it covers everything m8" line.

• Like 1

Not quite Neil. Warranty company told Connor he hadn't purchased the correct warranty product, Junction17 told him they didn't know of the warranty product being refered to by the company. I think the meeting was intended to educate Junction17 on what products they should be offering customers like Connor instead of spouting their usual "this is the best warranty you can buy, it covers everything m8" line.

Thanks. Serves me right for not reading it properly.

That's exactly it Sargara, if it wasn't for me ringing the warranty company up and asking about the bushes and control arms then I wouldn't be any wiser. But they've told me that they would have been replaced with genuine Nissan arms no quibbles if this extra add on item on my warranty was selected. I've been told by warranty company that every single dealership that they are partnered with, should offer this OEM add on to their customers purchasing a vehicle.

The reason this is on going, is that I was told genuine parts were included with the warranty from Junction 17 but it appears that's not the case, so I'm basically sat here with a warranty that definitely doesn't perform how I was told it does.

That's exactly it Sargara, if it wasn't for me ringing the warranty company up and asking about the bushes and control arms then I wouldn't be any wiser. But they've told me that they would have been replaced with genuine Nissan arms no quibbles if this extra add on item on my warranty was selected. I've been told by warranty company that every single dealership that they are partnered with, should offer this OEM add on to their customers purchasing a vehicle.

The reason this is on going, is that I was told genuine parts were included with the warranty from Junction 17 but it appears that's not the case, so I'm basically sat here with a warranty that definitely doesn't perform how I was told it does.

Connor, without going into my thoughts on these people again, they are well recorded on the forum! I am sorry you are in this position.

If that's the case surely the warranty company shouldn't offer the policy without the option or did they not tell you about the OEM cover option when it was sold to you, sorry not had a lot of sleep and my brain cant work it out from the thread atm.

Ed

Edited by hawker1986

I got stung last month. Purchased a car from Sytner BMW, they said it had some sort or million point check and came with a 6 month awesome warranty, noticed two weeks in that the hazard lights didn't work.

Read the warranty and it said that I could take it to any VAT approved garage but they prefer taking it to Sytner. Took it to three Sytners, two didn't know anything about this 'warranty' and all three said they couldn't look at it because they didn't have the tools.

Took it to a Nissan main dealer in Cardiff. They were great they spoke to the warranty people also, sadly 'wiring' isn't covered in my awesome warranty so they hit me for £213, not had a chance to follow up with Sytner but you think they'd check these things!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Connor, without going into my thoughts on these people again, they are well recorded on the forum! I am sorry you are in this position.

If that's the case surely the warranty company shouldn't offer the policy without the option or did they not tell you about the OEM cover option when it was sold to you, sorry not had a lot of sleep and my brain cant work it out from the thread atm.

Ed

Sorry for how long winded this topic is, some things that have happened get a little lost in all the text. The warranty company have told me first hand Junction 17 should offer this 'OEM' additional pack with every single warranty they sell with their cars, otherwise when you go to claim, you will only be offered cheap aftermarket parts. Upon speaking with Junction 17, they tell me they've never been told of this 'OEM' option by the warranty company, and that's why they don't offer it. The issue is, is that Junction 17 DO tell all their customers that genuine parts are included with this warranty when selling it, when it clearly does not. The main reason I paid for the warranty was because I was told it covers all parts 'Like for like' and genuine parts included.

Yeah, after doing some research into the company and the reviews that go with it, it appears it's got a very bad reputation with their aftersales. I wish I would have done some research before purchasing the car, but like I said previously, I got suckered into the experience as the pre-sales were brilliant, the best i've ever come across. Because of that, I presumed the promises that I was told about the after sales (which were mean't to be incredible) were true, so I took their word for it.

I got stung last month. Purchased a car from Sytner BMW, they said it had some sort or million point check and came with a 6 month awesome warranty, noticed two weeks in that the hazard lights didn't work.

Read the warranty and it said that I could take it to any VAT approved garage but they prefer taking it to Sytner. Took it to three Sytners, two didn't know anything about this 'warranty' and all three said they couldn't look at it because they didn't have the tools.

Took it to a Nissan main dealer in Cardiff. They were great they spoke to the warranty people also, sadly 'wiring' isn't covered in my awesome warranty so they hit me for £213, not had a chance to follow up with Sytner but you think they'd check these things!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Wow, like you said, you'd imagine a standard test on these zillion point checks would atleast be the hazard lights! It appears most of these warranties aren't even worth the paper they're written on, the thing that really rattles my cage is the sales pitch that comes with them. They're just full of false pretensions tricking you into taking them out, and when It actually comes to using these 'amazing' warranties, the promises aren't anywhere to be seen nor the person who sold it to you!

Almost the exact same line as Junction 17 gave me when selling me the warranty! All VAT approved garages are apparently included, even main dealers. What I thought would be an interesting test would be if I would have brought it to a main dealers, like they say you can, and asked them to change the control arm bushes (which you can't buy separately from Nissan, you have to buy the whole control arm like I did) what would the warranty company say? As they were only willing to put racing bushes on my car as I don't have the 'OEM' option, would they tell me I infact can't use the main Nissan dealership, and I'll have to go somewhere else? Or is this another false statement from Junction 17, maybe you can't bring your car to a main dealers after all?

I don't see why they can't just sit you down, and tell you straight up what is, and isn't included with the warranty. So it at least gives you a chance to make a educated decision on whether to take it out or not. I understand In my case I wouldn't have taken the warranty out, so they wouldn't have made as much money, or commission. But they would have saved themselves, and myself all this agro that has now been on-going for weeks!

I think we've all missed something in this, myself included: After 2 months it's irrelevant as to what kind of warranty you have with the warranty company, as at that point I'd be asking the business you bought from to repair under SOGA. Now, whether that's pattern parts or OEM is up to them, but they should still fix it REGARDLESS of what warranty option you have, or even if you bought one.