JR3 Wheels - Confusion over offset v's my current spacers

Matt_182

I'm currently running Rays with 20mm front spacers and 25mm rears, lowered on Tein springs (aprox 15-18mm).

I'm looking at some 18" JR3 wheels to replace the Rays but really unsure on what spec to get, this is my thoughts -

Front - 18x8 ET30 (keeping 20mm spacers)

Rear 18x9 ET35 (keeping 25mm spacers)

or

Rear 18x9 ET15 (no spacers)

I'd like to keep my current tyres so not wanting to push to 9.5/10J and I also have the spacers in my favour.

Link to website and wheel specs is here - http://jr-wheels.com/index.php?action=szukaj&szukaj=JR3_action=szukaj&szukaj=JR3_&c%5B10%5D%5B3521%5D=3521&c%5B11%5D%5B54%5D=54&c%5B12%5D%5B66%5D=66&c%5B3417%5D%5B3490%5D=3490&c%5B3417%5D%5B3491%5D=3491&c%5B3417%5D%5B3494%5D=3494&c%5B3417%5D%5B3493%5D=3493

The ET 30/35 wheels with your spacers will leave you with the same stance you've got now bar 2mm on the back which you will not notice.

The ET 15 will need a 5 or 10mm will fit like the ET35 with 25mm spacers (5mm more poke if you use 10mm spacer). 5mm is small so it will be fine just like guys with rays running 30mm spacers at the rear.

Running a smaller spacer is always better if possible.

So to clarify go with the ET30 and ET 15 wheels. Use the 20mm up front and use a 10mm at the rear.

BTW I can also swap direct with you 10mm eibach for 25mm spacer :lol:

I think I'd be tempted to go for ET35 on the rear, that way when you decide to upgrade again you can sell the set as a whole and it will be suitable for more cars and not just those that will take low offsets. In the meantime you'll still have a 5mm lower offset than the alternative. :thumbs:

I havent looked at the specs but why would you want to keep the spacers when you have the choice of offsets? Loose the spacers if you can imho

I would also wait until you need new tyres and get some 19's on there, look much better than 18's or at least some wider 18's :)

I havent looked at the specs but why would you want to keep the spacers when you have the choice of offsets? Loose the spacers if you can imho

I would also wait until you need new tyres and get some 19's on there, look much better than 18's or at least some wider 18's :)

I'm happy with the look of 18's to be honest and the choice of offsets isn't huge like other brands. I'd like to take the spacers off all together but not sure that's an option.

I'm currently on these alloys in 18", not sure if this is of any help to you:

9.5j fronts ET15 225/45

10.5j rears ET15 245/45

Not running any spacers, made sure the fitment was right from the start, sits flush and clears the Brembos fine.

I swapped my new tyres on my standard Tourings at the time (453's) straight over, stretch is minimal

Edited by blaqkaudio

9.5j fronts ET15 225/45

10.5j rears ET15 245/45

Not running any spacers, made sure the fitment was right from the start, sits flush and clears the Brembos fine.

I swapped my new tyres on my standard Tourings at the time (453's) straight over, stretch is minimal

Any pics of the car and stretch on the tyres? It did worry me a little...

9.5j fronts ET15 225/45

10.5j rears ET15 245/45

Check my thread mate, loads in there, easier than me copying/uploading pics here :thumbs:

edit: page 3&4

p.s just do away with your spacers so someone else can use them on their Rays, put that towards your wheels or some shiny new nuts to go with them ;)

Edited by blaqkaudio

9.5j fronts ET15 225/45

10.5j rears ET15 245/45

Check my thread mate, loads in there, easier than me copying/uploading pics here :thumbs:

p.s just do away with your spacers so someone else can use them on their Rays, put that towards your wheels or some shiny new nuts to go with them ;)

That's some pretty big stretch, not sure I'd want or be able to pull off that look without coilovers. Some nice mods on your car though, looks smart!

9.5j fronts ET15 225/45

10.5j rears ET15 245/45

That's some pretty big stretch, not sure I'd want or be able to pull off that look without coilovers. Some nice mods on your car though, looks smart!

That's fair enough, good luck with the setup you go for :thumbs: get some pics up afterwards

Matt - if you sell the 25mm spacers...the lad with the white 370 (Chizzz on here) @ Whitley is after some!

But yeah, if given the option, go without spacers any day! Great choice on wheels too!