Maverick's daily 350z

maverick

Hi everyone, thought I'd get a build thread going since I've been dribbling things onto the car since I bought it a few months ago

First up, stock car. Late 2005 VQ35DE engine, last of the cheaper tax band;

350z_Stock_zpsl0glxkru.jpg

Shortly after, got the stubster on;

350z_StubbyAerial_zpspy8ae6xx.jpg

Hated that the airbox was holding back the sound of the engine, so on went the JWT pop charger;

350z_EngineCleaned_zpsgf3xytes.jpg

For some reason the blue colouring has come off and it's now silver? :wacko:

Bashed in some clear reflectors in the bumper while I was faffing about with the engine. No pictures of the install though

The car then went in for a service, as the PO didn't service it for 14 months. Poor Zed :( Ran it on the dyno, and it came back with a very optimistic 308.9bhp w/ 250.8 lbft torque. No way it's that much for the 276bhp engine

07%2002%202015%20-%20350z%20dyno_zpsdus0px5a.jpg

Shortly after the service, on the way to work up the M11, one of my pulleys fell off. Lost power steering and the alternator. Not sure how many of you have driven a Z without power steering, but it's awful

20150211_085009_zpsxm1osw7e.jpg

The lower-most pulley went for a spin somewhere near the A11 junction on the M11. You can see the belt resting on the bolt it was (supposed to be) fixed to. Fun times

Got that fixed after two more weeks (as the garage then installed a crank idler pulley instead of the alternator/power steering one, which is slightly different in size)

After the service fiasco I popped on some hood dampers. A bit of engine bling;

20150221_154246_zpsd53eq3f4.jpg

And finally I chucked in the private plates that came with the car and returned to the original ones. Gave it a tidy up and boom; this is where I'm at today having owned it since February this year;

350z_Current-Rear-20150519_zpsogglkqts.jpg

350z_Current-Front-20150519_zpstuaup7dm.jpg

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys at local meets in the Cambridge area as well as the big meets over summer

Thanks guys. The hood dampers took about 10-15 minutes to do as chirag said and work a treat. The dyno is quite optimistic, so I'm going to get another one over summer once I've done the 'normal' route of intake/spacer/cats/exhaust/uprev... and it'll probably still be sub-310bhp :lol: