Evo Triangle - best place for pics

Ponsonby

Never been around the triangle but will head up there tomorrow so my son can get some good 'action shots'.

Anyone know the best place to park up for the best shots (plus video) or best to just meander around with several stops?

Will head down to the Moreton afterwards to have a look at some fine looking Z's.

PM Chris S or Andyvvc, and it depends if you're going clock or anticlockwise :)

Watched a few youtube clips of the triangle last night with my son. There were some drivers going clockwise and anticlockwise at the same time - in a spin!

Saw one of a Civic Type R - how the heck he held it on the road I don't know. Just luck I think.

yeah take it easy up there! would probably say anti clockwise is easier - that way you'd do the twisty B4501 section going uphill, and the faster more open A543 section going downhill. but if you have time drive it both ways!

I've driven it clockwise, and had a bit of a moment locking the front brakes coming downhill through the forest into a tight left if I recall :drive1

• Like 1

yeah take it easy up there! would probably say anti clockwise is easier - that way you'd do the twisty B4501 section going uphill, and the faster more open A543 section going downhill. but if you have time drive it both ways!

I've driven it clockwise, and had a bit of a moment locking the front brakes coming downhill through the forest into a tight left if I recall :drive1

Thanks for the advice.

Will have my 13 year old with me so will be taking it very easy. Nothing like kids to quell the testosterone.

• Like 1

Ha ha, that's where Chris S always told me to keep my foot in

Going anti-clockwise towards the end there's a horrible sharp left just over a small crest where you lose traction and what looks like a cliff ahead, I prefer clock-wise. :shrug:

East side anti clockwise.

West side clockwise.

But the best is, east side anti up to cattle grid turn round and go back to the A5. Then turn right on the A5 to Pentrefoelas.

From Pentrefoelas, clockwise to the Sportsmans, turn round and back to the A5.

Best sequence of bends is west side just after the Alwen res. going clockwise. (steal a foot of the other side of the road and turn late :teeth: )

I'm off to Beamaris at the start of July and thought I'd take a slightly longer route there, could anyone with North Wales road experience tweak this map if there's a more enjoyable way there?

https://goo.gl/maps/ojeYi

Needs to be around 3 hours as I'll have the missus with me and I doubt she'll enjoy 30 mins on Welsh roads in my car let alone 3 hours :D

Going anti-clockwise towards the end there's a horrible sharp left just over a small crest where you lose traction and what looks like a cliff ahead, I prefer clock-wise. :shrug:

that sounds like the part i mean but im sure it was coming down through the trees on the east side? but could be wrong, it has been a few years since i was up there!