£50 off virgin wines

M13KYF

whats the catch?

You have to buy twelve bottles at at least £80 ;)

but seriously, what is the catch? If i do this what do i have to spend?

As far as I am aware you spend what you like, cases of wine start from as little as £60 (probably cost them about £30), but beware once you sign up they will inundate you with sales literature. Its a loss leader, if only 50% of those who sign up go on to buy more, they make a profit

whats the catch?

As far as I am aware you spend what you like, cases of wine start from as little as £60 (probably cost them about £30), but beware once you sign up they will inundate you with sales literature. Its a loss leader, if only 50% of those who sign up go on to buy more, they make a profit

Sorry forgot to mention , I used a voucher last year and got 12 bottles a very drinkable wine for £20, have managed so far to resist buying anymore despite all the sales literature.

whats the catch?

Sorry forgot to mention , I used a voucher last year and got 12 bottles a very drinkable wine for £20, have managed so far to resist buying anymore despite all the sales literature.

No worries, so i basicaly use that £50 towards my first purchase then i just delete the account?

Nice one Mike, just ordered a case :)

Prepare for your doorstep to 2 foot deep in junk mail from Virgin and your inbox full.

Good job I gave them an email address that does not pass go and goes straight into my deleted items then.... :teeth:

Twelve half decent bottles for £40 quid is worth a few junk mails I suppose.

Nice one Mike, just ordered a case :)

Prepare for your doorstep to 2 foot deep in junk mail from Virgin and your inbox full.

Good job I gave them an email address that does not pass go and goes straight into my deleted items then.... :teeth:

Twelve half decent bottles for £40 quid is worth a few junk mails I suppose.

What is it :teeth:

whats the catch?

The Winebank works by debiting you £20 per month, then crediting your account with £20 every 3 months. Once you have signed up and started paying, you can order whenever you want. I got a similar initial offer a couple of years ago, and bought a very cheap case of wine. I used to order fairly regularly from Virgin, but have found lately that prices in the likes of Tesco or Lathwaites are often equally competitive and I don't have to buy a whole case at a time (which is not so good if you discover you're not too keen on a particular wine and you have three or four bottles to get rid of).

Oh, and as others have said, they deluge you with emails and offers forever more.

whats the catch?

The Winebank works by debiting you £20 per month, then crediting your account with £20 every 3 months. Once you have signed up and started paying, you can order whenever you want. I got a similar initial offer a couple of years ago, and bought a very cheap case of wine. I used to order fairly regularly from Virgin, but have found lately that prices in the likes of Tesco or Lathwaites are often equally competitive and I don't have to buy a whole case at a time (which is not so good if you discover you're not too keen on a particular wine and you have three or four bottles to get rid of).

Oh, and as others have said, they deluge you with emails and offers forever more.

:surrender: not for me then

whats the catch?

:surrender: not for me then

You dont have to subscribe to the winebank £20 per month, just take the £50 credit to your account.

If you then buy a case for £59.99 plus £5.99 p&P you are getting 12 bottles of wines for £16 which aint bad imho......

• 2 weeks later...