Ring Trip

Kaveney

Were a week back, went through Dunquirke and never seen an immigrant let alone any trouble... Security at the port was tight though...

I carry the yellow vest and breath kit (2 off)... I didn't have beam deflectors... Fuses, tyre gunk and spare co2, couple of spanners n the like, oh and Duck Tape, that's a must, just in case...

Have fun...

• 2 weeks later...

Of to the ring tomorrow so will be getting up at 3 ish AM to get the 5.30 AM ferry to Dover then through France to the ring .

I have all the gear hi vis bulbs light stickers etc .

Any last tips and how much fuel would you say it will be .

Alan

im so jealous.

i remember in may when i was so excited the night before.

Good luck.

Just dont take too many risks.

The karausell isnt as scary as it looks.

Watch out for them pesky bikers.

and anyone in a rent for ring.

and anyone in a 911

and anyone in a m3

and anyone else.

Get miss-hit-miss right and it will help you out a lot going through that whole section.

let the car flow through the bends, dont put in too much steering input, just let the car flow.

Be easy.

damn. i wish i was going.

Brussels ring road is hell. make sure you've got a drink of water and some food as you may be there a while!

If its a quick sprint then filling up at Pilgrims Way I will stop at a Shell just outside Ghent and then again at Malmedy (fuel only, its too busy to be a nice lunch stop now), that gets you there...

You can cruise and do it on a tank (never tried this but the calcs say its doable)...

Fuel is cheap over there the now so roughly there and back on 4 tanks and however much you burn on track...

Have fun...

Was out yesterday late morning in another Z-mines in serious need of my pending delivery from MTech! Did one lap-enforced "hero break for around forty five minutes! Went out again only to see four separate accidents!!!

Bugger it-time for beer.

Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening sessions are the best times so hopefully , new brakes arrive today and I cant think of a better way to bed them in.;))

Would have liked to have hooked up with like minded members but didn't see any other Zs about-anyone still here?

Ok so after 11 years of saying I will go and do the ring I set of on Friday at 2.30 AM full of hope and excitement .

At 2.42 AM it all went t*ts up .

Below is my first experience of my first ring trip ( Next year will be booked this week )

So after checking the car a fair few times over the week leading up to Friday 21/08/15 everything was set new oil and filter new brakes new tyres new clutch etc. .

It was just me and the girlfriend going and we were getting the 5.30 AM ferry from Dover so set off at 2.30 AM .

Around 10 miles in to the trip coming to a roundabout the brake pedal did not feel good and the pedal when all the way to the floor .

We stopped and checked and the system was leaking brake fluid from somewhere AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH .

In the pitch black of night I could not see where it was coming from so we limped the 350Z home .

After a quick look I still could not see anything and then we had to make a choice as to cancel the trip or take the girlfriends Peugeot 207 GTI .

After booking another ferry for 11.50 we set off for the second time and got to dover in time .

The replacement

WP_20150821_0011_zps8qzijkgx.jpg

WP_20150821_0041_zpskkv4mb6e.jpg

At dover

WP_20150821_0021_zpsp7gsrouh.jpg

Leaving the UK

WP_20150821_0061_zpsgfgjxjoz.jpg

Arriving at Calais

WP_20150821_0071_zpsowsijpy3.jpg

After looking through my insurance I had to break the news that Lucy would have to do the driving as I was not covered to drive another car outside the UK bar my 350Z only .

After the promises of something expensive as a thank you we set off in France .

After around 74 miles the car was very down on power and was in lime mode and after a quick check it looks like the Turbo is on its last legs AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

We thought we had come this far and after some slow driving and nursing the 207 we finally got to Germany and then the destination .

WP_20150821_0081_zps6zulezdw.jpg

We checked in to the Hotel and then went to get some dinner .

WP_20150822_00611_zpst8pkepqr.jpg

From the room we could see part of the track .

WP_20150822_0021_zpsvysucxek.jpg

Dinner was good and the Bitburger beer was even better .

WP_20150821_0091_zpswpwobkxm.jpg

WP_20150822_0071_zpsazv7wkvc.jpg

So looking at car hire we were set to book this in the morning .

After waking up and having one belting head and going back to bed I was feeling less sick and we got some breakfast and went to see about the car hire .

We were told that the track was closed all day until 6 PM till 7 PM AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .

We did see if we could hire but as it was only an hour the place was shut so we just watched for the hour .

http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm273/kaveney_photo/WP_20150822_0041_zpsqxtjnpsg.mp4

http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm273/kaveney_photo/WP_20150822_0031_zps788nyrpn.mp4

So this is as far as I got to the track as we had to leave early to get the replacement ferry .

We got back and I set about seeing what had happened to the brakes .

When the rear brakes have been installed the pipe was fitted in the wrong place and was rubbing on the wheel and split the rear .

WP_20150823_0031_zpsazcei4ld.jpg

All my fault for making a very stupid mistake but there you go .

So after 11 years of saying I would go and do the ring I did but just did not drive on it ïŠ

Next year is already planned and I will finally get it done .

Alan

Edited by Kaveney

Yes this is the main thing and lucky thinking about it .

Next year it will happen :)

Alan

Sorry to hear about this Alan! We all do mistakes, at least no one was hurt, in a way is good that it happened while still at home rather than on the track!

Replacement lines on the way for you.