mirrors close and open with key in ignition

popeacute

Just looking to verify something. I fitted cookbots folding mirror mod back in 2011.

But recently just got car back from garage and now it doesn't work. But instead the mirrors opening and close with a turn of the ignition key on and off. Were the zed's always able to do this i can't remember?

Just wanted to know before checking the fuse and cabling of the mod.

Were the zed's always able to do this i can't remember?

Just wanted to know before checking the fuse and cabling of the mod.

It's not a standard feature, no. In standard guise the mirrors only fold with the use of the switch.

On U.K cars you're right but I think it was standard (or maybe an option?) on JDM's.

Pete

• Like 1

I have the exact same problem as you've described in your original post..

I've had it installed for years without problems and then after a trip to the garage to have the steering rack replaced it's changed to only work with the ignition..

I checked the wires in the door for any loose connections but it didn't help..

• 3 weeks later...

well for anyone else, finally with bank holiday got around to looking at drivers window and to check the mod out for faults. Fuse wasn't blown on board, but the micro switch had fallen off where is was mounted for this to work ,,,doh!, easy fix with a bit of glue, garage must have been slamming the car door for it to dislodge. . Window motor was another issue though...bloody carbon brushes.

Edited by popeacute