Jaguar F-Type R AWD : movie and pictures

madmax1982

I did a 750 mile round trip to Scotland in one of these... I can assure you it doesn't get boring. If you get tired of the noise, you can stick it back into normal mode and it's like sitting in your living room.

Also had the AWD at Goodwood the other day. Even with that horrific rain, it is just astounding what it's capable of.

• Like 1

Lovely sound, but surely it would get annoying on a long road trip or constant cruising.

Also a shame that the build quality is questionable!!

What's led you to believe the build quality is questionable, chap?

I did a 750 mile round trip to Scotland in one of these... I can assure you it doesn't get boring. If you get tired of the noise, you can stick it back into normal mode and it's like sitting in your living room.

Also had the AWD at Goodwood the other day. Even with that horrific rain, it is just astounding what it's capable of.

Good to know about that switch.... I like a quiet car for road trips

Lovely sound, but surely it would get annoying on a long road trip or constant cruising.

Number of things:-

• An ex-GTR owner that bought one and then gave it back after a week or so
  • Jaguar Land Rover......
  • Having had a new Range Rover, the thing spent more time back at the dealer than at my house
  • Seen quite a few on the roadside and on the back of flatbeds

Quite a few posts about issues

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/

Recalls

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/09/jaguar-f-type-electrical-recall/

Mainly, it comes down to my personal experience with LRJ as a company (that includes the individual franchise and LRJ UK).... the sales service is great, follow-up service is shocking and after-sales was just appalling.

• Having had a new Range Rover, the thing spent more time back at the dealer than at my house

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/

Recalls

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/09/jaguar-f-type-electrical-recall/

Mainly, it comes down to my personal experience with LRJ as a company (that includes the individual franchise and LRJ UK).... the sales service is great, follow-up service is shocking and after-sales was just appalling.

A 5 month old recall for America :yawn:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had issues with my XFS but I bought at the bottom of the market, one of the first ones made in fact, easy to find negatives for any marque or model.

I have been in a GTR and an F-type briefly and I can honestly say neither felt poorly put together at all :shrug:

http://www.jaguarfor...f-type-x152-72/

Recalls

http://www.autoblog....ctrical-recall/

I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences with the brand Graham. I can honestly say from my position, I've never had a bad word said about the F-type, barring a rattle from the hood of an F-type R Convertible. The early new Range Rovers did indeed have some issues... I feel perhaps they were rushed out a bit early, due to extreme customer waiting times.

May I ask why your fellow GTR owner returned his F-type?

All I can say really is that I'm sorry you've had these issues, particularly with aftersales. It's something that the company is working quite hard to improve at the moment. I hope that if you ever choose to try the brand again in future, do drop me a line first.

Recalls

A 5 month old recall for America :yawn:

That was in the first page of looking....

I have had issues with my XFS but I bought at the bottom of the market, one of the first ones made in fact, easy to find negatives for any marque or model.

I have been in a GTR and an F-type briefly and I can honestly say neither felt poorly put together at all :shrug:

GTR isnt bad, a few rattles, but nothing like what we had with Land Rover. Evoque and GTR both bought brand new..... issues with

GTR (3.5 years @ 600hp and being run for events and track days, so hard life):-

• new set of headlamps - condensation, replaced under warranty
  • steering lock recall/fix - replaced under warranty
  • bellhousing - replaced with aftermarket fix

Evoque (1.5 years), I think we had roughly 10/11 LandRover Assist callouts, the guy doing the callouts was great, very helpful and got to know us quite well:-

• headlamp draining battery - car wouldnt start
  • door lock - kept popping door open, setting off the alarm and turning on the interior lights, car wouldnt start
  • seatbelt sensor - kept beeping, which although nothing major is bloody annoying after 5 minutes
  • petrol cap locking mech failed in locked position - unable to put fuel in
  • fuel filter failed 40 miles after service - car cut in town
  • alarm kept malfunction

Had multiples of some of them....

We even had JLR tell us that they have been testing for the last 3 days and no issues (with a lot of attitude) and while we were sitting the door popped open and the alarm went off. No apology, nothing.

Honestly not been in the Jag, it looks great and I dont doubt that it will be a great place to sit, but I do not trust the brand at all. I even looked at the Jag estate, as I really like those, but its the same story.

And for those that think the brand nothing short of perfection, a lot of what is described as going wrong on the discos is very similar to what was happening on the Evoque:-

http://landroverhell.com/

Recalls

I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences with the brand Graham. I can honestly say from my position, I've never had a bad word said about the F-type, barring a rattle from the hood of an F-type R Convertible. The early new Range Rovers did indeed have some issues... I feel perhaps they were rushed out a bit early, due to extreme customer waiting times.

May I ask why your fellow GTR owner returned his F-type?

All I can say really is that I'm sorry you've had these issues, particularly with aftersales. It's something that the company is working quite hard to improve at the moment. I hope that if you ever choose to try the brand again in future, do drop me a line first.

Without sounding rude, do you work for them (sounds like it)?

Problem is that its the attitude that came from JLR UK as well as the dealer.... JLR UKs response to us, was we will take the Evoque back at 15-20% below trade-in value, but only if we bought another new one.

Trying to find the post he wrote about it.......... and found:-

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/213321-my-nearly-new-car-dilemma.html

Edited by grahamc

Sorry, have had to do away with the quotes. That was just getting frustrating.

Yes, I do work for them. It's worth having a try of an F-type R. Especially the AWD model, coming from a GTR perspective.

Your friends' experience was clearly a VERY bad one, but I feel that he has been potentially very unlucky. To have a total systems failure is unheard of from the dealers around my region. Although I understand that's an almost inexcusable situation!

Edited by benjy88

Yes, I do work for them. It's worth having a try of an F-type R. Especially the AWD model, coming from a GTR perspective.

Your friends' experience was clearly a VERY bad one, but I feel that he has been potentially very unlucky. To have a total systems failure is unheard of from the dealers around my region. Although I understand that's an almost inexcusable situation!

dont blame you, last quote took me a while to figure out :)

You say that, but so many people I know have had bad experiences with LRJ brand, its also the fact that a complete failure resulted in almost no brakes, no brakes lights, etc.... I trust my GTR on track, there is just no way I could put the same amount of trust into the Jag.

Well I am not too far from you and do venture down that way quite often ;) v8 supercharged is still the dream :surrender:

You say that, but so many people I know have had bad experiences with LRJ brand, its also the fact that a complete failure resulted in almost no brakes, no brakes lights, etc.... I trust my GTR on track, there is just no way I could put the same amount of trust into the Jag.

Well I am not too far from you and do venture down that way quite often ;) v8 supercharged is still the dream :surrender:

You're entitled to your opinion, and if you know that many people who have had issues, then nothing I can say will sway you. I work with Jaguar, so I can only really give you my five eggs on them. I will never say anything particularly derogatory about Land Rover - but will admit that they have had their fair share of issues, and upset customers.

With regards to the F-type, I have now done an absurd amount of track mileage in F-type Rs and V8 S models, and (particularly with the Carbon Ceramics) would put my life into it over and over again.

Yes, please do. Just drop me your number. I'll try to get you out on a Goodwood day or something, get you out in the F-type R Coupe ;)

I'll let you know when we next have space ;)

• Like 1

You're entitled to your opinion, and if you know that many people who have had issues, then nothing I can say will sway you. I work with Jaguar, so I can only really give you my five eggs on them. I will never say anything particularly derogatory about Land Rover - but will admit that they have had their fair share of issues, and upset customers.

With regards to the F-type, I have now done an absurd amount of track mileage in F-type Rs and V8 S models, and (particularly with the Carbon Ceramics) would put my life into it over and over again.

Yes, please do. Just drop me your number. I'll try to get you out on a Goodwood day or something, get you out in the F-type R Coupe ;)

I'll let you know when we next have space ;)

No, it would require me taking a chance on the car (in my mind....). Still love the look and style of it though, will be a very interesting comparison to the Aston Martin, since that is on my list next (but I will be keeping the GTR :D).

Just let me know when :D weekdays as well ;)

• Like 1

Just seen this thread pop up and wanted to comment following the Jaguar Experience I went on today...

Firstly;

- I also work for JLR

- I am not an experienced track driver, and (other than my Z ;) ) have not driven many different sports/performance cars

- All I have wanted to do since I joined the company 19 months ago is get behind the wheel of an F-Type!

So take my comments as you will!

The experience involved driving an XJL (which was great to drive, especially for its size), and two F-Types.

The first F-Type was a V6 Coupe (340PS Auto).

Before having a go myself I was taken on a couple of fast laps by an instructor (a professional racing driver), and I was genuinely amazed at how much grip the car had and how fast he was able to hit the corners.

After he had masterfully demonstrated what the V6 was capable of, I had a go and and managed to hit some frankly astonishing speeds on the straights!

After seeing what the V6 could do, I hopped straight into the next one - a V8 Coupe R (RWD).

I don't expect I will get the chance to drive as fast as I did today for a looooooong time!

The sound that car makes really is incredible, and the acceleration is insane.

It was also massively re-assuring knowing I had someone sat next to me who knew what the car was capable of and how fast I could push it, which meant I wasn't so worried about smashing £93k into a crash barrier!

After I had done a few laps in the V8, the instructor took over (a different one for the V8, but also a pro racing driver!).

After turning the traction control off and plastering a fair bit of rubber into the track (I think he enjoyed a bit of showing off, and he didn't have to pay for the tyres!), did some proper laps and showed me how it felt to travel at the top speed in a Jaguar F-Type Coupe R!

I don't think I will fully appreciate how great the cars were until I have a chance to get myself some more track time in a few other cars and see how they compare.

All I will say for now is that I was grinning from ear to ear for about an hour after I got out at the end, and will now be on the hunt for my next opportunity to get behind the wheel of an F-Type! :teeth:

• Like 1

Just seen this thread pop up and wanted to comment following the Jaguar Experience I went on today...

Firstly;

- I also work for JLR

- I am not an experienced track driver, and (other than my Z ;) ) have not driven many different sports/performance cars

- All I have wanted to do since I joined the company 19 months ago is get behind the wheel of an F-Type!

So take my comments as you will!

The experience involved driving an XJL (which was great to drive, especially for its size), and two F-Types.

The first F-Type was a V6 Coupe (340PS Auto).

Before having a go myself I was taken on a couple of fast laps by an instructor (a professional racing driver), and I was genuinely amazed at how much grip the car had and how fast he was able to hit the corners.

After he had masterfully demonstrated what the V6 was capable of, I had a go and and managed to hit some frankly astonishing speeds on the straights!

After seeing what the V6 could do, I hopped straight into the next one - a V8 Coupe R (RWD).

I don't expect I will get the chance to drive as fast as I did today for a looooooong time!

The sound that car makes really is incredible, and the acceleration is insane.

It was also massively re-assuring knowing I had someone sat next to me who knew what the car was capable of and how fast I could push it, which meant I wasn't so worried about smashing £93k into a crash barrier!

After I had done a few laps in the V8, the instructor took over (a different one for the V8, but also a pro racing driver!).

After turning the traction control off and plastering a fair bit of rubber into the track (I think he enjoyed a bit of showing off, and he didn't have to pay for the tyres!), did some proper laps and showed me how it felt to travel at the top speed in a Jaguar F-Type Coupe R!

I don't think I will fully appreciate how great the cars were until I have a chance to get myself some more track time in a few other cars and see how they compare.

All I will say for now is that I was grinning from ear to ear for about an hour after I got out at the end, and will now be on the hunt for my next opportunity to get behind the wheel of an F-Type! :teeth:

Sounds like a great experience :D What track did they take you out on?

Being driven around by pro driver is an experience on its own. I have been out with Touring car drivers, rally driver (in my own car), etc and its brilliant!!!!

Got rid of the quote as my post was so long!

It was only on the test track at Gaydon, so nothing crazy, but enough to get an idea and feel for the speed and grip of the cars, and plus the straight was long enough to max the car out!

And I agree, I had (almost) as much fun in the passenger seats with the pro's driving as I did on my own!

Was a fantastic experience and although I don't think the exact experience I did is open to people outside of JLR, I would highly recommend something similar in an F-Type if anyone gets a chance!

Been out with ProDrifters as well, thats fun as well..... just look at where you are going, not where the car is pointing

Track looks similar to Bruntingthorpe for the ASDA day 160-170mph down the back straight on those events :)

Thats a shame.... they be looking at trying to pull the GTR guys across, like Aston is.... hoping to get a test day with a couple of different cars ;)

Edited by grahamc

Been out with ProDrifters as well, thats fun as well..... just look at where you are going, not where the car is pointing

Track looks similar to Bruntingthorpe for the ASDA day 160-170mph down the back straight on those events :)

Thats a shame.... they be looking at trying to pull the GTR guys across, like Aston is.... hoping to get a test day with a couple of different cars ;)

The drifting sounds great!

And yep, I managed to hit 175 on the straight, the pro managed to max it out at 186!! Although I was battling with a crazy amount of wind and a lot of rain, that's my excuse anyway!!

I would love to get myself into a GTR, need to get some more track time booked!

• Like 1