Clicking drivers side front wheel area? Bearing?

nels0n

Hi guys,

I have had a broke window for the last few months and just recently fixed it, now having the window down i noticed a clicking sound from the drivers front wheel area. If you put the window up you cant hear it so god knows how long its been there!! :lol:

After a little youtubing this video is pretty accurate to it:

and my video of the noise, sorry about the background wind i wasnt sure how else to capture it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnGbBUCK4co&feature=youtu.be

Would i be right in thinking its a wheel bearing going? Im not used to that sound of a bearing its normally whirring sound/droning sound. It also disappears on left turns on load and worse on right turns.

I have had a look through the searches but not much comes back!

Cheers

Craig

OK I recon that is rust build up on the outside of the brake disk (or rota) and it it catching the brake pad retaining spring.

Wheel off - tap rust of with a hammer (gently(ish)) wheel back on - sorted :thumbs:

I just changed my wheel bearing this week as it was shot and the noise before I did it was nothing like the one in the videos. It was more of a constant drone which got really bad above 55mph.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, always a big help on here. I only asked as the guy put on the YouTube video that he changed the bearing at it worked.

I'll try what Keyser suggested later and see what the outcome is!

Thanks guys

Ok so I've just taken the wheel off. Checked for play and nothing.

I checked what Keyser said and it all seems to be fine. Still tried to clean it up a little. I'll report back in the morning when I drive to work.

Strange!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate, did you ever solve this?

I had this recently, seen here:

https://youtu.be/s9_f87ZFT0o

It happened after getting new tyres and spacers fitted. I took the wheels off, had a poke about - Made sure the disc guards weren't hitting anything and reassembled.... And it's sorted, but I'm not quite sure why!

Just thought I'd message to see if you have any insight to offer!

Check out CV joints :thumbs:

Not a zed specific recommendation but usually the cause especially when on full lock. Do you notice it when doing a tight turn in car parks?

That`s for front wheel drive cars mate :thumbs:

Hi mate, did you ever solve this?

I had this recently, seen here:

https://youtu.be/s9_f87ZFT0o

It happened after getting new tyres and spacers fitted. I took the wheels off, had a poke about - Made sure the disc guards weren't hitting anything and reassembled.... And it's sorted, but I'm not quite sure why!

Just thought I'd message to see if you have any insight to offer!

That's exactly what happened mate and I done the same and it fixed it. Bizarre lol

• Like 1

Ah how strange! The weird thing was for me both fronts started at exactly the same time - So it seems unlikely both front wheel bearings just happened to fail at the same time... God knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk