lowering??? which way shoudl i go?

shire350Z

The only way you should should be going with regards to lowering is

DOWN :thumbdown:

(obvious really) :doh::bleh:

If you want a cheap alternative to lower your vehicles' ride I found these on the internet...

Low.jpg

:blush: Sorry :blush: lack of sleep ....i could not resist it after reading your title...There is a wealth of experts in this forum who have done it and will be able to provide (sensible) advice...

cheers mate think ill look for a alternative before taking your advice lol!!!!

14mm that all? see abp motorsport do eibach lowering springs and tein lowering springs both offering 30mm of drop for around £160 front and rear

any one just done springs whats your advice cheers

If you want pure aesthetics and to hell with the handling, then you will be fine with springs. I don't know anything about the springs Phil does, I am sure he can explain the pros and cons.

However, I'm pretty sure the answer will still be a full set-up change will reap rewards.

Don't forget Nissan will have spent millions sorting the original set-up with damping levels, spring rates etc. Just swapping out the springs will affect what is a pretty good handling car. :)

hi mate ABP say £160 that is just for springs! for fitting and setting up they quoted me £400 !!!!

For a few hundred more you can get some lower spec coilovers and fit them your self!!

30mm my sound like not muh but i have seen ABP's 350z with the 30mm kit on and its VERY low.

Also with springs that lower this much it throws your camber way off. Your gonna need a camber kit to save your tyres too!

I wanted springs to start with but realized that i should just wait and save for the best for my car!

IMHO

Tim.

shouldnt need a camber kit though should u as there fully adjustable the set up thats there even when springs are changed so what we talkin for springs and dampers??

Depending on how much you lower thhere will come a point where you need a camber kit.

As for price, depends what you buy.

i like koni coilovers and have had these fitted to previous cars but i've noticed that bilstein have worked closely with the 350z and developed a kit

if you want to do it properly it will be pricey, if its just cosmetic you can do it cheap, the problem is it will feel cheap

I'd have no hesitation on recommending th setup I had. Tokico D-Spec struts, (not coilovers), and RS-R Ti2000 springs. This lowers the car by 15mm.

D-Specs are the same as Nissan S-Tune, (Tokico make the standard and S-Tune for Nisssan), but the D-Spec's are fully adjustable.. :thumbs:

Ive just ordered the hotchikis Springs and Sway bar kit. Lowers about 15mm and the sways are 3 way adjustable. Was gonna do dampers, but i cant really justify them just yet and the yanks seems to be more than happy with them. Sway bars really make alot od diff apparently

ill let you know how i get on but probably wont be until the new year

Jamie

Ive just ordered the hotchikis Springs and Sway bar kit. Lowers about 15mm and the sways are 3 way adjustable. Was gonna do dampers, but i cant really justify them just yet and the yanks seems to be more than happy with them. Sway bars really make alot od diff apparently

ill let you know how i get on but probably wont be until the new year

Jamie

full report when they are fitted mate, an essay of no less than 500 words with pics will suffice :thumbs:;)