Do you recommend clear Vinyl?

jonty88

Hi Guys,

So following my post earlier in the week I have decided to get my cars front end resprayed next Tuesday to cover the scuffs and stone chips across the front. It's occurred to me I may want to protect my investment by using a clear vinyl on the bumper and bonnet buy I don't know much about it. Would you guys recommend it? Is it very noticeable? Will it last long or start to peel? How much is it likely to cost?

Thanks for the help guys

Pointless.

Makes the car uglier as it IS noticeable (I've worked with both cheap stuff and the good stuff like Armourfend etc, and you can definitely see it), plus it'll still stone chip and then it's impossible to repair. Given the cost of the stuff + fitting, it works out cheaper to just get a front end respray every couple of years if you're that bothered. :)

• Like 1

When I bought my Z there was a Ferrari 612 for sale too and it had the film. It looked terrible, it seemed the older it got the worse it gets, fraying and peeling at edges and Ekona's right you can see it. Not sure on protection though, it must do something for all but the big stones hitting the car?

Another thing to keep in mind, you can't actually wrap the car until the paint has fully cured. I left my front bumper for a nearly 1 month and the the wrapper still managed to take some paint off on the underside of the bumper.

by the time the bumper is ready for wrapping you will no doubt have a few stone chips already, just deal with it and save your money :thumbs:

• Like 1

Another thing to keep in mind, you can't actually wrap the car until the paint has fully cured. I left my front bumper for a nearly 1 month and the the wrapper still managed to take some paint off on the underside of the bumper.

by the time the bumper is ready for wrapping you will no doubt have a few stone chips already, just deal with it and save your money :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice mate, definitely wont be getting it wrapped! :thumbs:

• Like 1