Rear spoiler

ZeppoJeff

I actually hate the tiny spoiler that comes on the zed and I feel it just ruins the flow of the car...well that and the window wiper.

Anyways I'm thinking of removing the spoiler and having the holes filled with rubber grommets until the car goes in for a full respray and what not?

Anyone done this previously?

What size grommets?

Any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I just filled the wiper hole for now. Gonna get all the holes filled at once as there is plenty I wanna get done to the body work. Ie wiper deletes, aerial delete, badge deletes, spoiler deleteab3b1fad076946740ba50ec1b638f76f.jpg

There is a thread on this, search for rear wiper delete. I done it, really easy, the grommets came in a pack from halfrauds but i cant remember what size I used.

I've already removed the wiper it's just the spoiler I'm wanting rid of now

Get it all smoothed properly, wouldn't bother running grommets in the spoiler holes temporarily as it'll look crap.

Keeping my spoiler holes as I have one going on.... Wiper delete/smooth and badge hole smooth though.

20.jpg

Aerial smooth too :)

18.jpg

• Like 1

How much is this full respray and clean up costing you if you dont mine me asking?

Get it all smoothed properly, wouldn't bother running grommets in the spoiler holes temporarily as it'll look crap.

Keeping my spoiler holes as I have one going on.... Wiper delete/smooth and badge hole smooth though.

20.jpg

Aerial smooth too :)

18.jpg

• Like 1

2.5k from a friends body repair shop, new body kit fitting/adjustment and lots of custom bits going on, tricoat paint also.

You could get the boot and aerial smoothed done fairly cheaply I'd have thought.

the car has quite a fair bit of stone chips through it so was thinking of getting the whole car sprayed. but its a do i get a respray or a full blown new colour with new body kit or what :lol:

Go for it! Haha ;)

the car has quite a fair bit of stone chips through it so was thinking of getting the whole car sprayed. but its a do i get a respray or a full blown new colour with new body kit or what :lol:

Depends on how big your pockets are :lol:

I'd love to get mine re-sprayed at some point. I could tell you where every single ding and stone chip is on my car, they drive me mad. Thing is once you go down the road of obsessing over stone chips and marks etc the car might aswell be a show car and locked up in a garage somewhere. I keep telling myself this but I'll still end up getting it painted at some point.

Edited by nowhereboy

• 3 weeks later...

Mines going in for a boot respray soon, how easy is it to fill the wiper hole?

reckon the painter would just do it for free since hes painting the boot anyways?

They would probably just cut a metal disc and weld it into the hole and then grind down the welds to a smooth bit of metal, apply a tiny bit of filler if needed and then paint. Say 3-4 hours work at most (for a professional!)

drop it off a day early? When is it being painted? I have a friend who might be able to do it near woking. Then we could cover it with a square of vinyl until it gets painted to ensure it doesn't get rusty :)

Unfortunetly its my daily drive and is being painted on a saturday so cant drop it in early :(

near woking? im only in staines lol

how much would he want to do it?

He might be free tomorrow eve if you want it done? Give me a pm if you want and I can give you his number :) His unit is closer to bracknell wokingham area though, not woking :)