It Has Begun - The Zeditus Tales

Svothe

Okay so on Saturday 4th I finally gave in to temptation and swapped my old mapped 335d in for a zed. Won't go over the ins and outs of it, but everybody left happy.

Here she is the day I picked her up.

newcar_zpsurgxevo0.jpg

Was sensible and restrained myself to a good nights sleep before polishing it as admittedly it was dark by the time I got home.

The next day bright and early, dragged it down to my friends yard gave it a jet wash and bit of a polish up.

Looking Good:

clean1_zpsnbjhooyj.jpg

clean2_zps3d9h0sgf.jpg

the Blitz Nurspec Exhaust with 4.5" slash cuts. (Looks butch, isn't actually too loud. Much quieter than a Japspeed K1!)

clean3_zpsbuyxshot.jpg

I really wasn't sure on the colour at the start but now I've seen it in the flesh and had a play in it definitely falling in love with the car.

Got into the bay with some Autosol and started cleaning up the Injen Induction kit (came fitted to the car already, sounds spot on!)

polish_zpszfjofckc.jpg

Got home today to find a huge lovely box from TarmacSportz with a rather pretty front lip spoiler in so had a quick test fit.

splitter1_zps7ngxsphf.jpg

splitter2_zpsahvisqco.jpg

Fitments not perfect but hopefully not an issue the bodyshop can't sort out. Definitely feeling gloss black over colour coded though.

and then of course the mandatory TarmacSportz stickers. #becauseracecar

sticker2_zpscaqskjfr.jpg

sticker1_zpsj4dcuvbz.jpg

Off to pick up the decats from the post office today as I was out at work and they needed to be signed for, and yes a stubby aerial is in the post from TS as well so I can get rid of that whip shaped object stuck on there at the minute!

More updates to come :)

Week 1 of ownership almost over!

Edited by Svothe
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, loving ownership so far. Its a little slower than my twin turbo BM, but definitely enjoying the petrol noise :D definitely FI plans in the future to make it into a real monster too.

Definitely a slippery slope, already got a shopping list more expensive than the car but its okay, piece by piece we'll get there :)

and @jdmowner, its not bad. It's not great. it will definitely need a bodyshop to fit it properly if I'm honest but I don't think it'll need major-major work. Looks great too! and yeah I can't find out much information about the intake but my friends a electrical mechanic for Nissan development centre down the road from where I live and says its a pretty reasonable bit of kit. All set up so the filter sits just behind the grill too. Looks the dogs danglies under the bonnet :)

• Like 1

I really wasn't sure on the colour at the start but now I've seen it in the flesh and had a play in it definitely falling in love with the car.

Especially in sunshine - the sunset looks even better then . ( I wasn't convinced until I'd lived with the car for a while but really fell in love with it after a while)

Excitement!

Decats arrived today in the post, off down to see Greg @Tradelink tomorrow to have some fresh windows put in, boot lifters and vents inside the car as a few of mine were bust up. Lovely chap has said he'll get the decats fitted while I wait. Can't fault the customer service one bit. Can't wait to hear it with a bit more raspy growl.

Decats%20arrive_zpsrmmituna.jpg

Great start - it's all downhill for the bank balance from here on in :lol:

You're telling me! Think I'm going to have to live in the zed if I buy any more parts won't pay able to afford the rent!

No pics as cars filthy, but Decats in today, new front windows, boot struts, air vents. Car is sounding FANTABULOUS and looking good now too, can't wait to get a few more external mods on now though. Better start saving again :)

Gonna give it a real good clean tomorrow

Wheels sprayed up with the use of my friends nice grain barn, lots of space and flood lighting so all good! Just a tad dusty but did our best. Started at 8pm finished at a little after 2am with one pizza break in the middle.

Spot of sanding:

sand1_zpsrirvgcvw.jpg

Primed:

primer1_zpsg4tjsn9b.jpg

Splash of paint:

paint1_zpsawqpptd5.jpg

Done:

paint2_zpsv8cd1gjb.jpg

Fitted:

done_zps8rsc0zff.jpg

Serviced my buddies ST in the morning as well, here it is preparing for lift off.

STflying_zpsuaisownw.jpg

Had the car 16 whole days now and already spent a small fortune in fuel! Just the way we like it.

Had my Tonneau cover arrive today, very very happy. Looks bang on and really tidys up the rear of the car from the inside as I have so much crap in my boot. Really happy with the purchase.

11160418_10205525875964830_74605946_n_zpsa9k1fzuz.jpg

Also, a photo from the Sharnbrook Hotel Sports car meet, lovely roll around the countryside with a very recognisable baby blue convertible zed ive seen here on the forum (FA57AMY) and a black GT4 I've seen about too as well as the mandatory three or four lambourghinis including a rather gorgeous 64 plate Aventador and a 15 plate Ferrari FF which was very very nice.

11165929_10205525878924904_1491679464_n_zpspiarstvg.jpg

The blue mini owner did say he just bought a 350z 3 weeks ago, I wonder if hes on here.

Edited by Svothe

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so cars starting to shape up the way I want it :)

DriftPunkz Front Lip painted and fitted (Ignore the tape, just left it on while the last of the bonding stuff dried.

lip_zpsb8hutj7q.jpg

Tarmac Sidesteps:

skirt_zpsclr4qlcl.jpg

JDM Style rear diffuser:

diffuser_zpsmhvyaakx.jpg

and then a little snap with my local car-collective.

meet_zpsa5yubhyl.jpg