I love my Z, The 1st year

jimmy.farrow7

Just woke up this morning and looked out of the bed side window at my Z before looking at my missus, is this wrong lol.

Feeling lots of love towards and its been an amazing 12 months.

So far I have added the following

K1 Japspeed exhaust

Summit strut brace

Rear diffuser

Rear nismo v1 spoiler(not fitted yet)

Gold carbon hydro dipped interior

Sony double din stereo

1x Service

I have changed all the badges from standard silver to satin black.

Fair enough its not a huge amount of mods but I have much more planned to do to the car, in the next 6 months i plan to add a K&N induction kit, nismo gear knob and a core strut brace to finish the engine bay off + another service. As well as this by the end of the year i am getting the seats recovered in leather as currently they are cloth which is the only thing i dislike about the car, i am also getting the doorcards done to match the seats.

20141206_122630_zpseqvxwl6e.jpg

20150113_130208_zpsait8vki2.jpg

20150113_130208_zpsait8vki2.jpg

That's some good progress buddy, I had similar plans for the first year of my ownership, but with servicing, my exhaust breaking and my clutch about to die mine will still look pretty standard when I hit a year so I'd say you've done a fair bit so far B)

Have you considered the rear wiper delete mod? It's free, apart from buying a 50 pence washer and makes such a big difference to the rear?

That's some good progress buddy, I had similar plans for the first year of my ownership, but with servicing, my exhaust breaking and my clutch about to die mine will still look pretty standard when I hit a year so I'd say you've done a fair bit so far B)

Have you considered the rear wiper delete mod? It's free, apart from buying a 50 pence washer and makes such a big difference to the rear?

Same situation here, first year I spent most of my money replacing the clutch, flywheel. tyres, brakes etc. I've eventually managed to get modding this year with wheels, suspension etc and it's transformed the car!

I've easily spent over half the cars value in the first two years of ownership on mods/servicing. Not a cheap hobby this Z thing.

• Like 1

Thats unlucky bud its horrible when unexpected things like that happen, what colour Z do you have.I have never heard of that mod what does that involve. Ive spralled through this forum for hours reading posts and things and have not even come across it.

It's not a mod I'd do as I find my rear wiper useful but a lot of people prefer the look of removing the rear wiper. Guide below in the link if you do decide it's something you'd want to do. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71353-how-to-wiper-removal-delete/

Thats unlucky bud its horrible when unexpected things like that happen, what colour Z do you have.I have never heard of that mod what does that involve. Ive spralled through this forum for hours reading posts and things and have not even come across it.

It's not a mod I'd do as I find my rear wiper useful but a lot of people prefer the look of removing the rear wiper. Guide below in the link if you do decide it's something you'd want to do. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...removal-delete/

I've thought the same thing, I've been on the motorway where it's pi$$ing down so much, I wonder how I would manage if there were no rear wiper! Not much weight saved, though I guess people like the cleaner look (although a wiper on the rear doesn't bother me at all). Anyway nice mods OP, it will keep going on year after year!

• Like 2

I removed the rear wiper and it's never been an inconvenience. Does look better in my opinion.

Another one to consider is removing the front plate surround, I can't see the pictures as I'm at work so not sure if you have done that yet. Again, looks much cleaner and is very simple to do.

I've thought the same thing, I've been on the motorway where it's pi$$ing down so much, I wonder how I would manage if there were no rear wiper! Not much weight saved, though I guess people like the cleaner look (although a wiper on the rear doesn't bother me at all).

Cheers for the head up, i think iam in the same boat though i like my rear wiper when its peeing down

Definitely agree with both of you.

I get why people do it but just not how they can live with it. I find I use my rear wiper fairly often not just when it's raining but if the rear windows covered with dust/dirt etc so I wouldn't want to be wiper-less. :teeth:

No amount of Rainex will get rid of dust/dirt or bird poop Payco. :D;)

The solution to rear wiper delete is RAINEX. No need for a wiper if you put a good coating on your rear windscreen...

Rain-x does a job, although personally I'd get one of the Nano coatings like G-tecniq / nanolex, its more expensive but lasts many months, I need to coat my windscreen soon, it makes wipers almost obsolete :)

I removed the rear wiper and it's never been an inconvenience. Does look better in my opinion.

Another one to consider is removing the front plate surround, I can't see the pictures as I'm at work so not sure if you have done that yet. Again, looks much cleaner and is very simple to do.

Completely forgot, yes, this is a must-do for any new owner, so simple and makes a massive difference. From looking at your pics in the OP you don't have the big brick that I had, but still some sort of mount, it actually looks ok but you could remove it and attach the number plate with strong double sided tape for a cleaner look :)

Same situation here, first year I spent most of my money replacing the clutch, flywheel. tyres, brakes etc. I've eventually managed to get modding this year with wheels, suspension etc and it's transformed the car!

I've easily spent over half the cars value in the first two years of ownership on mods/servicing. Not a cheap hobby this Z thing.

Not just me then :)

It is frustrating as there is so much I want to change and add and these maintenance things are holding me back and costing a lot of money, but that being said, once the clutch and fly are done, the exhaust is changed and I've got some good rubber on there then I'll have that piece of mind that these things are new and shouldn't need changing for a good few years. Then I can really start the modding. B)

Edited by -350-Ed-

Jimmy it sounds like you are still in love with her as much as the first time you laid eyes on her. You want to spend all your spare time with her, loving and caressing her, lavishing her with gifts, what joy to be in love. Your missus of course not the car, well maybe both. ;) Mine had a few mods already done when I bought it

I've only had mine 8 months but my car puts a big smile on my face everyday and yes I always check on my car first thing in the morning when I get up. Mine had a few mods already done when I got her but I've got lots of plans for her.

See you Sunday