Help....rusted Tunnel Stay

hairyman68

More often than not they (W brace) can be de-rusted and suitably protected before re-fitting - someone did an excellent guide on the procedure - will see if I can find it. Otherwise, as ZMANALEX has told you on another thread of yours, be prepared for your wallet to be lightened significantly.

• Like 1

As Colin said either refurb your current one, ....buy a good used condition one from zmanalex or you could replace with this aftermarket replacement part that I know several other members have done. ;)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Racing-Rear-Lower-Brace-Nissan-350Z-3-5-2003-RL4-1259-/271339756751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f2d1c1ccf

Personally I'd firstly try using a wire brush on your current one and then painting it with black Hammerite paint. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Mine is so rusted through that bits are coming off it and it looks buckled - structural integrity gone. I don't think wire brush will help me!

Had already spotted the ultra racing one Posted by GMballistic, but wanted to hear some opinions on it before I shell out. Anyone know if it's good value? Long lasting quality? Any better alternative ones? Or is it actually much of an improvement? (I'm otherwise running a totally OEM suspension setup)

Mine is so rusted through that bits are coming off it and it looks buckled - structural integrity gone. I don't think wire brush will help me!

Had already spotted the ultra racing one Posted by GMballistic, but wanted to hear some opinions on it before I shell out. Anyone know if it's good value? Long lasting quality? Any better alternative ones? Or is it actually much of an improvement? (I'm otherwise running a totally OEM suspension setup)

I know mCook has that exact brace fitted so it might be worth a PM to him to see what he thinks as he's had it a while now. You can see it on his car just about in some of the pictures posted in the thread below.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/89316-identify-my-exhaust-finally-got-some-decent-pictures/

Ultra Racing apparently are pretty big in Australia & have a good reputation so the quality of their stuff should be good. At around £200 odd for the cheapest new OEM Nissan W-brace and around £170 odd for the Ultra Racing version I know which one I'd be buying if I needed one. :thumbs: